Author Topic: Point Blank Rule ™  (Read 2476 times)

Offline Antoine de Lasalle

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Point Blank Rule ™
« on: July 03, 2014, 08:50:20 am »
I was just recently playing on a private regiments server without my tags.  I shot a guy at point blank and was slain, the admin saying "Point Blanking is against the rules."  I asked why and they said "It's cowardice."  Then the admin said "It's a rule in Line Battles." 

I know this is incorrect and they're just a small inexperienced regiment, but what do you guys think?

Offline TheAngrypineapple

• Major
  • Can't block
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 63e_Grd_TheAngrypineapple
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Point Blank Rule ™
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2014, 09:31:48 am »
Gg wp
14e bullies, making people cri since 2011

Previous: 93rd Rgl George Wallace | 14e Cpl TheAngrypineapple | 3rdFG Pte Duncan MacTavish

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2014, 09:41:20 am »
You mean as a potential rule? Pointblanking sucks but it should by no means be against the rules. It's just something that inexperienced new players do - it's not like firing out of line or anything where it could be seen as cheating or taking advantage of the "honor" of linebattles.

Linebattles suck when too many gameplay rules are imposed upon the players. NA linebattles already have the no firing out of line rule, which I think is unreasonable enough - no need for more. So yeah, I disagree with that regiment's decision to make point blanking against the rules in their server, but hey, they can do what they want.

Offline Antoine de Lasalle

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2014, 10:05:12 am »
You mean as a potential rule? Pointblanking sucks but it should by no means be against the rules. It's just something that inexperienced new players do - it's not like firing out of line or anything where it could be seen as cheating or taking advantage of the "honor" of linebattles.

Linebattles suck when too many gameplay rules are imposed upon the players. NA linebattles already have the no firing out of line rule, which I think is unreasonable enough - no need for more. So yeah, I disagree with that regiment's decision to make point blanking against the rules in their server, but hey, they can do what they want.

Yah.  I was just wondering what you guys think.  It is aggravating but effective.  I mean in real life there were no rules...

Offline turanafon

• Sergeant Major
  • TRNC - Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus
    • View Profile
  • Nick: JudgeY
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2014, 10:06:34 am »
Make them a Sig :P
UA-Eagle Brigade-Staff_Adjutant_Ichabod_Crane

https://imgur.com/a/CQ8Uzv3

Offline Coconut

• Colonel
  • "Just do a headbob" - DarthJezus 2012
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Coconut
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2014, 04:23:06 pm »
If Pointblanking was discouraged by the developers of Napoleonic wars, then you would not have almost perfect accuracy while walking and aiming your musket.

But it is encouraged in public play. As it gives people who are new to the game a chance against someone who has like 3,000 hours on warband and could easy destroy them in melee.

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2014, 04:26:01 pm »
I'd say a bad idea, Gives less opertunities for leaders to make plays by close range flanking etc.
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline Saxon

• Captain
  • Resident Stoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2014, 04:46:03 pm »
I'd say a bad idea, Gives less opertunities for leaders to make plays by close range flanking etc.

That's all the NWL seems to be;)
>always high
>GOAT

Offline KL4R1N0G4MPR0S

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2014, 10:44:59 am »
Not sure if dis necroing of da thread, but I have to say:

Spoiler
Pointblankers are inexperienced nubs who can't melee for shit and desperately take a shot (with low chance of being on target), knowing that they won't have time to switch to melee, before they get anally raped by the other dude's bayo. The truthz.
[close]
<3

Offline michaelroelant

• Second Lieutenant
  • That silent guy everyone always talk about
    • View Profile
  • Nick: michaelroelant
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2014, 02:20:46 pm »
Piontblank shooting is a last resort as others have said before me. A tactic used by newbs( and bad melee players) they kiss their gun and shoot you in the face, this tactic might save them from the first enemy, but wont do much when the second one jumps in their reloading face with a bayonet.

Offline WDMeaun

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2014, 11:59:25 am »
I don't understand the whole newby statement with point blank shooting.
You generally hit more easily, but when you miss (and you will), you'll have a harder time.
Saying point blank shooting is just easy, is plain wrong.
I have to say I only get 1 point blank shot opportunity each.. hm.. 90 shots?.. and I'll often switch too melee.
I do not play line battles, as I do not like squeeky kids giving orders.. don't like hearing squeeky kids anyhow.

If you forbid it for the sake of 'rules', you should also implement the rule not to stab anyone in the back.
If you forbid it, because they iz noobs.. Then you don't have a point.

Offline Malakith

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2014, 11:13:54 am »
From a line battle perspective point blanking is an effective way of immediately removing a threat and throwing the balance squarely in your sides favor, if the officer led the charge at such a time that they are all sat there fully reloaded and capable of point blanking to begin with then it was a poorly timed charge and you are suffering the consequences.
You can throw the whole "its not honorable" crap around all day long, you are just bitter that you didn't get into melee where your endless hours of practice might have been decisive due to it being the primary area that individual skill applies (or might not, they may well be better at melee than you). At the end of the day, you're dead and they are free to run rampant in what remains of your line, anyone not taking that as an opportunity is tactically inept.

For public play sure it is annoying as hell, but this is public play what did you expect. If you aren't being TKd by poorly aimed British Rockets, endlessly run down by that one guy on a horse or shot from people hiding in bushes you aren't getting the "NW Public Experience™"

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Riddlez
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2014, 12:51:02 pm »
My standpoint: Fighting dirty, wins.
Probably one of the very few old-timers here who hasn't been a regimental leader.