Author Topic: E3 2021 - June 12th  (Read 30511 times)

AeroNinja

Re: E3 2017 - June 13-15
« Reply #120 on: June 11, 2017, 12:22:31 am »
EA surprised me in a positive way. Still pre alpha, but I think this Gonna be good.

Offline usnavy30

• Colonel
  • Former Freelance Modder
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #121 on: June 11, 2017, 01:25:05 am »
EA surprised me in a positive way. Still pre alpha, but I think this Gonna be good.
A surprise to be sure, but not an unwelcomed one. The rest of the EA Play livestream was low energy IMO, as I'm not one into sports games much. Even when Battlefield 1's DLC was discussed, it was short before you had to wait an hour or two to see more footage of it after all the sports games and others. Maybe the Bethesda event tomorrow will be more exciting.

Regarding Battlefront II 2017 though.. I hope it is good as well. It looks good, and we shall find out later if its all good.
First thoughts on it after livestream
EA wanted to show the multiple eras and cross-era heroes featured but it was nonetheless quite jarring for the world premiere of multiplayer gameplay on the Assault gamemode. Rather would prefer if the cross-era heroes were first spotlighted in a hero team deathmatch mode. I'd like to see how Yoda and Darth Maul would fight each other in that. It just leaves more questions right now. Like if Rey and Han Solo can be on Theed Palace map, can other cross-era heroes be selected on the same map? Can same-era heroes be selected too? Or is it fixed to only two particular heroes? I believe Rey would be one of the first heroes completed in time for this reveal as to why she was showcased, but I would of really liked to see Qui Gon if he would be in the game at all. That and was wishful thinking to see the Naboo security guards and droidekas. Or singleplayer gameplay, but the livestream was exactly what the teaser described, multiplayer gameplay. The pre-alpha is pre-alpha state with the combat sounds (not the shooting sounds) which I hope will change. I immediately recognized the same when-hit sounds and death sounds from the first game. So far, I was only slightly disappointed on that sound front. The voice acting for Darth Maul, Rey, the clones and droids all seemed on point. While watching I noticed players had all sorts of different weapons, the droids using apparent clone weapons or otherwise. Like a shotgun. Unsure how to contemplate that at the moment.

It seems in lieu of paid-for DLC, the game will have a live service that may include cosmetics and similar being acquired by a crate system or possibly micro-transactions, while new heroes, maps, weapons, etc will be free for all players apparently, post launch. I would presume the different looks, outfits of soldiers and all would fall under this live service category and not be free and easily acquired DLC. For example, the clones officer being a Republic officer with cap and uniform and not a clone officer with armor could be cosmetic unlocked. Or it would be nice variety at least. However more realistically in expectations is normal customization first. Like different colored shoulder pads for clones, secondary body colors for droids and similar.

Post-launch free content sounds great and all and the gameplay looks nice graphically, but I will wait for additional information leading up to release.
[close]
How To Run A Mod Installer.exe
Hello.. I have a problem... It says I don't have Mount&Blade Warband: Napoleonic War and I have to buy it
Try joining a regular Napoleonic Wars server and then re-running the installer.

Offline Furrnox

• Lieutenant General
  • Eternally incorrect, centre-left, asshole.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 11, 2017, 02:59:02 am »
Battlefront & A Way Out looked surprisingly good.

Offline Phillyz

• Colonel
  • Art & Graphics Person.
    • View Profile
    • Neptune Designs
  • Nick: Philly
Re: E3 2017
« Reply #123 on: June 11, 2017, 03:29:48 am »
A Way Out looks pretty cool.

Offline usnavy30

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 11, 2017, 03:49:14 am »
A Way Out looks pretty cool.
Wonder how required co-op will work out for players' enjoyment. I have no previous context of A Way Out so that was interesting to see the co-op screens side by side instead of top and bottom.
Hello.. I have a problem... It says I don't have Mount&Blade Warband: Napoleonic War and I have to buy it

Offline Dom13WorstNW

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #125 on: June 12, 2017, 12:51:27 am »
I believe this is everything from the Microsoft Conference.

Microsoft

Assassins Creed Origins
[close]

Metro Exodus
[close]

XBox One X

[close]

Forza Motorsport 7

[close]

State of Decay 2

[close]

Deep Rock Galactic

[close]

Black Desert

[close]

The Last Night

[close]

The Artful Escape

[close]

Sea of Thieves

[close]

Tacoma

[close]

Super Lucky's Tale

[close]

Crackdown 3

[close]

Cuphead

[close]

Ashen

[close]

Ori and the Will of the Wisps

[close]

[close]

« Last Edit: June 12, 2017, 12:58:03 am by Dom13WorstNW »

AeroNinja

« Reply #126 on: June 12, 2017, 01:01:42 am »
The A-C trailer looks like shite. rip ubisoft

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
« Reply #127 on: June 12, 2017, 01:21:57 am »
The A-C trailer looks like shite. rip ubisoft
i agree
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline usnavy30

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 12, 2017, 02:24:55 am »
"Official World Premiere Gameplay Trailer"
Only that was not actual gameplay of AC: Origins. Just the trailer misnamed as such. Not sure on this one.

Bethesda event is within ~4 hours.

Offline Dom13WorstNW

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 12, 2017, 04:46:10 am »
Yep, Bethesda's conference is at 12:00 EST.
you can watch it live here:

We can expect a lot more of Assassins Creed tomorrow during Ubisoft's conference

Offline usnavy30

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 12, 2017, 06:41:45 am »
Doom/Fallout 4 VR, Skyrim for Nintendo Switch, Creation Club?, new Wolfenstein, new Evil Within, new Dishonered. Elder Scrolls Legends card game expansion, other advertisement like Quake Champions and esport event. At least it was less cringy by getting straight to the good stuff - trailers. (Besides that god-awful Switch pun) As expected the BE3 event this year would be less foreshadowing of the most desired titles, like as most want, Elder Scrolls VI announced in development. Which it probably is not yet. Overall slightly disappointed but only because I don't follow Bethesda's other IPs as much.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2017, 06:47:03 am by usnavy30 »

Offline Dom13WorstNW

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 12, 2017, 06:46:07 am »
Wow, that Bethesda conference was really bad. I was really hoping for a lot more. :/

I was expecting Todd to show up at the end with a big reveal, but I guess we'll have to wait until next year to see what his team has been doing.

Offline usnavy30

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 12, 2017, 06:49:14 am »
Wow, that Bethesda conference was really bad. I was really hoping for a lot more. :/

I was expecting Todd to show up at the end with a big reveal, but I guess we'll have to wait until next year to see what his team has been doing.
Yeah, Todd Howard was nowhere to be seen at all this time around. That Creation club system concerns me though with how vague it was on details of how it would work. Like are those 'credits' earned in game or by being a part of the community on forums or do you have to spend money to easily acquire credits or to just acquire them at all? If the latter is the case, well I'm glad the Nexus is around and defiantly existing against Bethesda.net in terms of mods hosted. Freckn' hell.

More info on the Creation Club
https://creationclub.bethesda.net/en

Now I'm not a Fallout modder (I'd like to) but I remember last time with the paid-for mods fiasco and how that turned out because of sudden reveal and modders receiving like only 25% of the revenue.

How do I get Creation Club content?

Creation Club is available via in-game digital marketplaces in both Fallout 4 and Skyrim Special Edition and purchased with Credits. Credits are available for purchase on PSN, Xbox Live, and Steam. Your Credits are transferable and can be used in both games on the same platform.

Are Creators Paid For Their Work?

Yes. Just like our own game developers, Creators are paid for their work and start receiving payment as soon as their proposal is accepted and through development milestones.
How much are they paid, full or receive just a cut from credits sales? Do the platform stores also get a cut of the money, and does this mean modders receive less than reasonable?

Is Creation Club paid mods?

No. Mods will remain a free and open system where anyone can create and share what they’d like. Also, we won’t allow any existing mods to be retrofitted into Creation Club, it must all be original content. Most of the Creation Club content is created internally, some with external partners who have worked on our games, and some by external Creators. All the content is approved, curated, and taken through the full internal dev cycle; including localization, polishing, and testing. This also guarantees that all content works together.
They say it isn't paid-for mods but you must use credits to own the content and those credits are purchased in the platform's store.. probably for money. Which how much of it goes directly to the mod creators? At least existing mods will probably not be able to take advantage of this system. However, this seems to be round 2 of understanding Bethesda's intentions with mods.  :-\
« Last Edit: June 12, 2017, 07:22:19 am by usnavy30 »

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 12, 2017, 11:29:34 am »
Bannerlord will be shown here at 6pm BST; https://www.pcgamingshow.com/
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

AeroNinja

« Reply #134 on: June 12, 2017, 11:40:44 am »
Ah that's great can't wait untill 13th. On the TaleWorlds site it will go from 13 to 15 june. Do they mean that the gameplay will be shown on the 13th or 14th or 15th or do they mean that the gameplay will shown on all the days listed?