Author Topic: What IS killing the game?  (Read 64955 times)

Offline Skipper

• First Lieutenant
  • The real Skipper of NW
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Skipper
  • Side: Neutral
Re: What IS killing the game?
« Reply #105 on: April 26, 2014, 11:43:32 pm »
Yeah I think people are still here because, firstly regimental events, and secondly it is a really fun game.

The "Drama" is bad and makes lots of people leave in personal experience.
Pirate_Battle_1 Community Rep||||[Former]Groupfighting admin, Jail Break server admin||||88th, 126th, 33rd, 24th, 57th, 2ndCSG, 54th, 4th, 65th, 5Brg, 67th, 57e, 28th

Offline SeanBeansShako

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #106 on: April 27, 2014, 12:38:04 am »
To change the subject back now to something more positive, should we still attempt a petition at least? If somebody points me to a good website for it I will happily set it up and sticky the thread :)

Offline Bruin

• Sergeant
  • Don't expect much out of me.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 84e_SoPV_Bruin
« Reply #107 on: April 29, 2014, 05:22:11 am »
Easy...

I personally think because the game is so repulsive nothing is ever new. Siege use to be the sweetest game mode ever 84e and 33rd Siege use to be full all the time; when Napoleonic Wars came out as an official DLC and was on Steam. Later on people released it got boring and nothing to look forward to if you're not in a regiment. I personally remember when I wasn't in a regiment and over summer break I spent entire day from 8am to 5pm playing siege and that ruined the game for me I can't even play it today because its so boring and repulsive; Defense man the walls... attacks attack and get shot over and over again... Defenders get hit by a cannon ball...attackers breach in...sappers waste all the build points on planks so no defenses...But I'm happy people are making their own game modes like Jail Break and trying to get people back into the game.

Offline Skipper

• First Lieutenant
  • The real Skipper of NW
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 29, 2014, 08:25:17 am »
Well speaking as an admin of the original server, I am not too happy that tons of people are copying our idea with jail break.
Pirate_Battle_1 Community Rep||||[Former]Groupfighting admin, Jail Break server admin||||88th, 126th, 33rd, 24th, 57th, 2ndCSG, 54th, 4th, 65th, 5Brg, 67th, 57e, 28th

Offline Stoniestpepper

• Sergeant Major
  • Can you see what I see?
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 33rd_LCpl_Stoniestpepper
« Reply #109 on: April 29, 2014, 05:24:12 pm »
Copying ideas is the way of life, to be honest there needs to be some update adding things to NW to make it more fun and fresh

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
  • Ex 77y Pfc, 93rd Private and 18e Grenadier
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 05, 2014, 03:59:03 pm »
Easy...

I personally think because the game is so repulsive nothing is ever new. Siege use to be the sweetest game mode ever 84e and 33rd Siege use to be full all the time; when Napoleonic Wars came out as an official DLC and was on Steam. Later on people released it got boring and nothing to look forward to if you're not in a regiment. I personally remember when I wasn't in a regiment and over summer break I spent entire day from 8am to 5pm playing siege and that ruined the game for me I can't even play it today because its so boring and repulsive; Defense man the walls... attacks attack and get shot over and over again... Defenders get hit by a cannon ball...attackers breach in...sappers waste all the build points on planks so no defenses...But I'm happy people are making their own game modes like Jail Break and trying to get people back into the game.
The 77y stopped hosting our siege event shortly after I joined. I guess the community just got bored of siege :(. Also we sometimes have to swap one of our lines over in the 77y sunday linebattle due to a lack of line regiments signing up :(

Offline MackCW

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 05, 2014, 06:35:05 pm »
Well speaking as an admin of the original server, I am not too happy that tons of people are copying our idea with jail break.

Groupfighting was an entirely foreign concept the first time it was introduced. Thank God that mode got copied.

Offline Bruin

• Sergeant
  • Don't expect much out of me.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 84e_SoPV_Bruin
« Reply #112 on: May 05, 2014, 07:06:06 pm »
Well that's life. You have that in the real world. Phones, Mp3, tv's, and misc. People copy people thinking they can make it better.

Offline Skipper

• First Lieutenant
  • The real Skipper of NW
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 05, 2014, 07:11:03 pm »
And people are not happy about it, that's life too.

Offline SherlockCat

• Major
  • "bitch don't make me bring them killers out." Keef
    • View Profile
  • Nick: SherlockCat
« Reply #114 on: May 05, 2014, 09:29:15 pm »
You should be happy that people are copying it, it means it's a good idea.

Offline ClearlyInvsible

• Donator
  • I'm still here. Dunno why.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: ClearlyInvsible
« Reply #115 on: May 07, 2014, 11:09:26 pm »
Jailbreak? What, is that a fun thing like 63eFootball?
"No man will make a great leader who wants to do it all himself or get all the credit for doing it."- Andrew Carnegie
“A man who has no conscience, no goodness, does not suffer.” - Khaled Hosseini
Faggots will burn in hell anyway, who cares.

Offline FrithBiscuit

• Colonel
  • PM me for pics, cutest Grimbarian
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 07, 2014, 11:36:56 pm »
#63e
Current:
Past: 63e CdB, 43rd Ens, 28th Lt, 1stElbe Lt

Offline csderp

• Sergeant Major
  • serenity now
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 63e_ColFo_CSDrep
  • Side: Confederacy
Rock the casbah

Offline Eatjello

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #118 on: May 09, 2014, 04:54:23 pm »
NW is not dieing, some parts of the game are getting slightly smaller community will become more pure.
The trolls are at the last stage of there road to leaving the game for good, but others will get bored and then turn in trolls.

Far as regiments dying maybe u should look at your leader.

Offline Earth Bby

• FSE's Official Annoying English-Person
  • Donator
  • Bottom Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 09, 2014, 09:39:27 pm »
NW is not dieing, some parts of the game are getting slightly smaller community will become more pure.
The trolls are at the last stage of there road to leaving the game for good, but others will get bored and then turn in trolls.

Far as regiments dying maybe u should look at your leader.

wa? So trolls are leaving and making it pure then more come?  ??? There will always be trolls, it's the internet. Personally I think this game is decreasing in size because it doesn't get the attention it used too.

Looky here

Half a million views
[close]

Famousish
[close]

Also, the games been out a while, people don't have to play it forever. I don't think NW will ever truly die, people will find it on a whim and start playing and be recruited.