Author Topic: What IS killing the game?  (Read 64904 times)

Offline SeanBeansShako

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Re: What IS killing the game?
« Reply #90 on: April 26, 2014, 01:07:48 am »
I'm watching this thread, if things turn hostile I feel like we've hit the glass ceiling of discussion and I'm locking. Just a heads up.

Offline Skipper

• First Lieutenant
  • The real Skipper of NW
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Skipper
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #91 on: April 26, 2014, 01:30:38 am »
Stop mentioning the Saturday line battle skipper. There could be others or people dont like that event or day for an event. Stop basing your assumptions on one event dying or one server being unpopular. Plus the EU side has all of the other popular siege servers that split the officials servers population. Stop being a guy that says that the pond was brown so now the ocean is polluted and humans must escape to mars.

Sorry if I offended you or something, didn't mean to in any way I simply thought it was a valid point seeing as EU1 is the official server and the Saturday linebattle event use  to be one of the most popular and is one of the longest running. There are other event examples I could use but seeing as most are not considered official events and have only run for at most a few months it would not be the same. It is a valid point, what was previously a huge part of the community representing EU is now degraded shows something, groupfighting has not necessarily grown and neither have siege servers, 84e server died and 33rd gets less players.

I didn't mean any offense with my examples. Sorry if you felt that way. Also, remember this is my view on things considering I am not marketing FSE or anything I am simply speculating for a friendly discussion on the forums. :)
Pirate_Battle_1 Community Rep||||[Former]Groupfighting admin, Jail Break server admin||||88th, 126th, 33rd, 24th, 57th, 2ndCSG, 54th, 4th, 65th, 5Brg, 67th, 57e, 28th

Offline Noodlenrice

• Major
  • King of Nam'
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st_Pte_Noodlenrice
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #92 on: April 26, 2014, 02:45:36 am »
Stop mentioning the Saturday line battle skipper. There could be others or people dont like that event or day for an event. Stop basing your assumptions on one event dying or one server being unpopular. Plus the EU side has all of the other popular siege servers that split the officials servers population. Stop being a guy that says that the pond was brown so now the ocean is polluted and humans must escape to mars.

Sorry if I offended you or something, didn't mean to in any way I simply thought it was a valid point seeing as EU1 is the official server and the Saturday linebattle event use  to be one of the most popular and is one of the longest running. There are other event examples I could use but seeing as most are not considered official events and have only run for at most a few months it would not be the same. It is a valid point, what was previously a huge part of the community representing EU is now degraded shows something, groupfighting has not necessarily grown and neither have siege servers, 84e server died and 33rd gets less players.

I didn't mean any offense with my examples. Sorry if you felt that way. Also, remember this is my view on things considering I am not marketing FSE or anything I am simply speculating for a friendly discussion on the forums. :)
Sorry if I rubbed off wrong like I hate you but I just didn't like the fact that everyone claims NW is dying. However I must say that NEC lb was one of the most popular and one of the longest run lbs. now barely 120 come to the event. there are several others in fact. YET it does not show that the DLC is dead but rather that the big regiments disagreed with rules or admins and decided to set up separate line battles. Also some people don't find the big line battles their piece of pie and like 1v1's. Once again the popularity (or lack of) of a once popular server or event do not mean that the game is dying. Lastly I'd like to point out that despite the lack of popularity on the once "ohh so important" event or server many NA regiments found time to get their numbers from an once stellar attendance of 20 to unthought of attendances of 40 or even 60. The increasing numbers in regiments obviously don't mean that the game is dying.

AeroNinja

« Reply #93 on: April 26, 2014, 09:39:22 am »
Melee system, the trolls.

Many Elite Meleeplayers were leaving. Best community regiments disbanded. Like the BAB, 8Lr, 91st and some other good ones. I don't play the game much anymore either. Fully waiting for BCoF.

Offline Rejenorst

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 26, 2014, 09:52:41 am »
Time itself. Every product has a life cycle and novelty can wear off pretty quickly. At the end of the day its a DLC rather than a stand alone game and there are strong limitations to work within when you don't have access to the engine source code not to mention a community that is heavily divided with each change making it difficult to see the forest from the trees.
Spoiler

[close]

AeroNinja

« Reply #95 on: April 26, 2014, 09:53:15 am »
Time itself. Every product has a life cycle and novelty can wear off pretty quickly. At the end of the day its a DLC rather than a stand alone game and there are strong limitations to work within when you don't have access to the engine source code not to mention a community that is heavily divided with each change making it difficult to see the forest from the trees.
Agreed.

Offline Skipper

• First Lieutenant
  • The real Skipper of NW
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Skipper
« Reply #96 on: April 26, 2014, 11:15:47 am »

So NW is in decline after a hugely successful run.
Pirate_Battle_1 Community Rep||||[Former]Groupfighting admin, Jail Break server admin||||88th, 126th, 33rd, 24th, 57th, 2ndCSG, 54th, 4th, 65th, 5Brg, 67th, 57e, 28th

Offline tico13

• Donator
  • NA Server Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 3rd_Col_Tico
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #97 on: April 26, 2014, 05:47:48 pm »
This conversation has come up every six months since I've been in the community.

Good players/regiments disband and leave. New ones take their place.

I ain't even worried.

Offline Nano

• Alpha Tester
  • Community Anti-Cheerleader. Official Victim.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nano
« Reply #98 on: April 26, 2014, 09:54:14 pm »
A lot of the community drama is why a lot of people are also still here.
If there was no community drama, you would have the same amount of people left, but arguably to some people 'the nicer side'
This game is getting old and people get tired of games, that is what is killing it, time.
You can't stop it, you just have to find the next game.
Quote from: Aldemar
the Nr24 has 91 trolls and Hekko is the troll mother

Offline SeanBeansShako

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 26, 2014, 10:00:27 pm »
I'm sorry, I have to briefly drop from modertator impartiality for a wee moment and state that whole community drama is good is the dumbest thing I have ever read on these forums.

I'm pretty sure we've driven away or lost more people to dumb video game drama than gained. Hell if there was just dumb pointless drama that drove this community I would have long lost interest.

Offline Hadhod

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 92nd_Lt_John_MacKintosh
« Reply #100 on: April 26, 2014, 10:06:28 pm »
A lot of the community drama is why a lot of people are also still here.
If there was no community drama, you would have the same amount of people left, but arguably to some people 'the nicer side'
This game is getting old and people get tired of games, that is what is killing it, time.
You can't stop it, you just have to find the next game.
While I agree that a bit of friendly rivalry is helpful for any community, the current state is certainly not helping the game to stay alive. Many people are driven away, because some people can only get their fun by ruining the fun of others. Today's GF tournament was the best example, just good that the NiP guys got banned finally.

I rather have a smaller community with few trolls than a large one which is infested by them. But I guess that is expected too much.

Offline Nano

• Alpha Tester
  • Community Anti-Cheerleader. Official Victim.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nano
« Reply #101 on: April 26, 2014, 10:11:47 pm »
I never said it was good, I said some people are still here for the drama.
There are so many people who are still here, or come back just to watch the next drama filled explosion.
The drama turns just as many people away as it does keep people here.
The drama is not why NW is dieing.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 10:13:53 pm by Nano »
Quote from: Aldemar
the Nr24 has 91 trolls and Hekko is the troll mother

Offline SeanBeansShako

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 26, 2014, 10:14:25 pm »
Drama does not help and make an appealing community for people to join, people who see a drama or troll ridden community or hear of it (these forums sadly have a reputation now) will make a less of an effort to come out of their shell and experiment.

Offline Hadhod

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 92nd_Lt_John_MacKintosh
« Reply #103 on: April 26, 2014, 10:58:16 pm »
There are so many people who are still here, or come back just to watch the next drama filled explosion.
And exactly those people are not needed. Those who are only here for drama and trolling can piss off and play CoD.

AeroNinja

« Reply #104 on: April 26, 2014, 10:58:48 pm »
And exactly those people are not needed. Those who are only here for drama and trolling can piss off and play CoD.
f**king right you are hadhod. Can't fully agree more with this statement.