Author Topic: What IS killing the game?  (Read 64602 times)

Offline Cara

• French Language Moderator
  • Language Moderator
  • Former IVe_AdC
    • View Profile
    • TFD
  • Side: Union
Re: What IS killing the game?
« Reply #75 on: April 24, 2014, 02:14:41 pm »
I don't think I will be ever bored to play skirmisher  :D
But I'm agree to say that a main problem today is to see the trolls invasion on the servers and so on in some regiments... It's now quite hard to play on public servers without being bothered by trollish kids.
Our main recruitement area is Youtube for sure, but you have to be a real history passionate to buy a 34 euros "old" game  :-\

Offline 5arge

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #76 on: April 24, 2014, 04:01:11 pm »
Every few months "the dlc is dying" thread comes along. Even when...

NA1 still gets 100+ pop two years later. LBs are more popular than ever, competitive play is still healthy etc.

Game has a long way to go before it "dies".
Nailed it!
it seems that the person on the wrong end of 5arge always seems to get the punishment.

Offline InfamousBeats

• Colonel
  • Groupfighting Admin | 10/10 IGN: Would bang...
    • View Profile
    • Enlist into the 63ème Régiment d'Infanterie de Ligne
  • Nick: 63e_Conseilleur_Infamous
« Reply #77 on: April 24, 2014, 04:36:16 pm »
I don't think I will be ever bored to play skirmisher  :D
But I'm agree to say that a main problem today is to see the trolls invasion on the servers and so on in some regiments... It's now quite hard to play on public servers without being bothered by trollish kids.
Our main recruitement area is Youtube for sure, but you have to be a real history passionate to buy a 34 euros "old" game  :-\

Agree, many people are looking for drama and exagerating the situation. Sure NW is not a growing game like many others, since its sorta a niche, however people love and will continue so, even with the "lack of" better graphics. Huzzah for NW in the year 2020  :P

Offline Skipper

• First Lieutenant
  • The real Skipper of NW
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Skipper
« Reply #78 on: April 24, 2014, 05:28:05 pm »
I disagree that it is not dying. You have only described NA but in the EU side everything appears to have dropped for about half a year.

Look at EU1 and also look at the Saturday linebattle.
Pirate_Battle_1 Community Rep||||[Former]Groupfighting admin, Jail Break server admin||||88th, 126th, 33rd, 24th, 57th, 2ndCSG, 54th, 4th, 65th, 5Brg, 67th, 57e, 28th

Offline USE4life

• Donator
  • Queen of Yorkshire
    • View Profile
    • http://www.yorkshireparty.org.uk/
  • Nick: Kicked out the K-KA_USE4life
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #79 on: April 24, 2014, 06:19:33 pm »
I disagree that it is not dying. You have only described NA but in the EU side everything appears to have dropped for about half a year.

Look at EU1 and also look at the Saturday linebattle.

This. The EU community is a blimp of what it used to be.

Offline GoldenEagle

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Abii
« Reply #80 on: April 24, 2014, 08:02:43 pm »
Make PewDiePie or any other big youtuber play this and you will have like 1 mill new players (Mostly kids though :I)

AntonioTheWorstAtMelee

« Reply #81 on: April 24, 2014, 08:23:06 pm »
Make PewDiePie or any other big youtuber play this and you will have like 1 mill new players (Mostly kids though :I)

assuming its not already

Offline Siwi

• Donator
  • Where is BCoF
    • View Profile
  • Nick: -|- Where is BCoF -|-
« Reply #82 on: April 24, 2014, 09:58:02 pm »

assuming its not already

I never realized how young a lot of the community is. Looking at different applications and stuff the average age appears to be 15-16
Quote from: George W. Bush on 9/11
Battle Cry of Freedom was an inside job
NW Leaderboards
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
NA_Groupfighting

Check out the site

Offline MackCW

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 25, 2014, 02:38:24 am »
the reality is that plubic servers have less people than ever, and events are less too :(

Maybe on the EU side ironically, but that is far from the truth on the NA side.

Offline Mathias

• Captain
  • 1st place 1v1 and a little more since I forgot
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 25, 2014, 02:56:32 am »
the reality is that plubic servers have less people than ever, and events are less too :(

Maybe on the EU side ironically, but that is far from the truth on the NA side.
There are more pubs in NA than EU, because it seems as though most of the EU community groupfights a lot more than NA.

Offline Hadhod

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 92nd_Lt_John_MacKintosh
« Reply #85 on: April 25, 2014, 03:43:18 pm »
  • Old engine, with a slow and steep learning curves, hard to master for beginners and people who don't want to invest time into it.
  • Almost no public awareness of the existence of this game
  • Very specific setting (Napoleonic Wars) --> very limited playerbase
  • No new content
  • Absolutely overpriced (for this time being 10$ is way too much)
  • Age of the game itself, older players lose interest and turn onto other games/mods (Examples: 51st playing Planetside 2, 91st playing PW (as Lannisters))

Just a few things I could think of quickly. I just think if it hadn't been for the regiments this game would be long dead. They are what keeps the people playing; most of us would have stopped after 1 year if they were not in a regiment, simply because public playing gets rather dull after some time.

I must say however that we have as many events as never before currently going on: NWL, NANWL, NWEC, Reg. GF tourneys, Duel Leagues, 2vs2 cups, 5vs5 GF tourneys and an unbelievably big amount of LBs with more than 1000 players on peak times (EU side that is, dunno about NA). This is a clear sign that there is still interest in this game which is not likely to drop immediately.

Depending on how mod friendly Bannerlord and BCoF will be I am sure most of the community will move on to possible NW mods for those games because of stronger engines and better graphics.

Offline Skipper

• First Lieutenant
  • The real Skipper of NW
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 25, 2014, 05:15:04 pm »
91st were Lannisters a year ago, back when I led House Stark, they finished when most of them got banned for trolling a few months before disbanding on NW.

Just thought I would put that out there, the rest is great.
Pirate_Battle_1 Community Rep||||[Former]Groupfighting admin, Jail Break server admin||||88th, 126th, 33rd, 24th, 57th, 2ndCSG, 54th, 4th, 65th, 5Brg, 67th, 57e, 28th

Offline Hadhod

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 92nd_Lt_John_MacKintosh
« Reply #87 on: April 25, 2014, 06:08:58 pm »
91st were Lannisters a year ago, back when I led House Stark, they finished when most of them got banned for trolling a few months before disbanding on NW.

Just thought I would put that out there, the rest is great.
In case you didn't know, Tav was unbanned on Nexus some months ago and the Lannisters are going strong again with nearly 200 members. The core is still the same people (ex 91st).

Offline Skipper

• First Lieutenant
  • The real Skipper of NW
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 26, 2014, 12:23:48 am »
Ah ok, didn't realise they were back. Have not been on Nexus in a while since I disbanded House Stark, Vendetta disbanded, and I got rid of my admin. Was on Avalon for a bit but that has grown now like Nexus did so don't feel like going back to it, populated PW communities are too much for me xD.

Offline Noodlenrice

• Major
  • King of Nam'
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st_Pte_Noodlenrice
« Reply #89 on: April 26, 2014, 12:58:27 am »
Stop mentioning the Saturday line battle skipper. There could be others or people dont like that event or day for an event. Stop basing your assumptions on one event dying or one server being unpopular. Plus the EU side has all of the other popular siege servers that split the officials servers population. Stop being a guy that says that the pond was brown so now the ocean is polluted and humans must escape to mars.