Author Topic: What IS killing the game?  (Read 64548 times)

Offline Newkirk

• Colonel
  • 27th Relic
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Old Mr. Kirk
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: What IS killing the game?
« Reply #45 on: April 21, 2014, 10:37:11 pm »
1. This game has a high learning curve in my opinion. Yes, you might say that it's just a matter of clicking, but the combat system is easy to learn, hard to master. It turns new players off because they kind of get wrecked on all of the servers they go on, especially Official_NA_1 where you have to wait 5 minutes to respawn.
2. No advertisement. I found this game in November 2012 in the related videos for a Prince of Macedon Total War commentary. I had NEVER seen this game before that. Kind of says something. People need to learn about this game.
3. Players that have played forever are getting bored. We haven't had a single update since the sailor one, which had so much potential. THINK OF ALL THE THINGS THAT COULD BE PUT IN THROUGH AN UPDATE. More units, ships with cannons, better skins, new maps, more factions (Sweden, Ottomans, Spain, USA).

I really don't think the price has anything to do with it. It only costs like $10. Someone who has a $3000 gaming PC isn't going to shirk from buying this DLC because of its price.

Again this game cannot have moving ships with cannons due to the engine. There's no way to nail the cannon down to the ship, you'd sail your ship away and just leave your cannon floating in the air behind you.

Offline Killington

• Major General
  • Everyone's favourite
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #46 on: April 21, 2014, 11:12:31 pm »
What if instead of moving the boat and leaving behind the cannon... we move everything other than the boat and cannon and let them stay where they are! :o
In theory we could do huge player numbers far over 500 players per server...  As such we will surely keep our promise to deliver you the 500 players per server.

We will probably go (far) over it, but that's for later.

Offline Skipper

• First Lieutenant
  • The real Skipper of NW
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Skipper
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #47 on: April 21, 2014, 11:23:24 pm »
Lol, could work
Pirate_Battle_1 Community Rep||||[Former]Groupfighting admin, Jail Break server admin||||88th, 126th, 33rd, 24th, 57th, 2ndCSG, 54th, 4th, 65th, 5Brg, 67th, 57e, 28th

Offline Newkirk

• Colonel
  • 27th Relic
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Old Mr. Kirk
« Reply #48 on: April 22, 2014, 12:06:57 am »
What if instead of moving the boat and leaving behind the cannon... we move everything other than the boat and cannon and let them stay where they are! :o
Genius....

Offline Turin Turambar

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 22, 2014, 12:08:26 am »
What if there are two boats?
des is apsichtdliche Browokazion etzala ferstest du

Offline Commissar Jdf

• General
    • View Profile
  • Nick: USMC_Maj_CommissarJdf
« Reply #50 on: April 22, 2014, 12:09:28 am »

Offline SeanBeansShako

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 22, 2014, 12:31:38 am »
It is not just the price of the DLC, but the fact that anyone browsing it would see the year of Warbands release and just assume nobody is still playing it.

Offline Killington

• Major General
  • Everyone's favourite
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 22, 2014, 12:59:59 am »
Genius....
Thank you! :)

What if there are two boats?
Server crashes.

Excellent representation! ;)
In theory we could do huge player numbers far over 500 players per server...  As such we will surely keep our promise to deliver you the 500 players per server.

We will probably go (far) over it, but that's for later.

Offline Malakith

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 22, 2014, 11:00:56 am »
It is not just the price of the DLC, but the fact that anyone browsing it would see the year of Warbands release and just assume nobody is still playing it.

This right here, at least 80% of comments on my older videos when people stumble across them are "Do people still play this? I want to get involved but not if it is dead"

Offline RisingSun_

• First Lieutenant
  • Mhhm Hum It's Jesus | Sweeeeg
    • View Profile
  • Nick: JEEESUS
« Reply #54 on: April 23, 2014, 07:09:35 am »
Robbaz is my favourite. Replace Pewdiepie with him and the world will be saved!
I love him. Actually that AngryJoe guy did a review of NW. He said he loved it.

Offline Furrnox

• Lieutenant General
  • Eternally incorrect, centre-left, asshole.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 23, 2014, 10:04:55 am »
Saying that the game is dying is an overstatement I mean it started dying a long time ago but we are more in a stalemate now where no one joins the community and no one leaves and if someone actually leaves there is like 1 new person to replace him/her, though those that leave the community usually comes back rather quickly.

But what the reasons for this game not growing is things that have been mentioned before Warband is old, the lack of updates and the price.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 10:06:55 am by Furrnox »

Offline Von_Clausewitz

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Clausewitz
« Reply #56 on: April 23, 2014, 05:02:29 pm »
Regiments

Offline SeanBeansShako

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 23, 2014, 05:33:16 pm »
Regiments

Regiments are the community so you are technically saying the community is killing the community.

Offline Von_Clausewitz

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Clausewitz
« Reply #58 on: April 23, 2014, 05:46:10 pm »
Exactly

Offline Walko

• Brigadier General
  • Tired art student.
    • View Profile