Author Topic: What IS killing the game?  (Read 63984 times)

Offline Alf

• Major
  • 15th carry
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: What IS killing the game?
« Reply #345 on: March 19, 2021, 01:09:26 am »
So an interesting point was given by Chriseh and Tardet during the EIC twitch test stream the one prior to the one with Gi.
They talked about how native managed to get themselves into an E-sport position, now a days you dont hear a lot about it but the native community were always far smaller then the NW community.

But they still managed to get sponsors and host something that really was on a professional level and from an outsider perspective (myself) it put a lot of life back into the native game.

I think personally NW can do this to, if you simply think back of the pretty hardcore rivalries we have had and still have in our community, it really has been filled with really good competitive moments, in the regimental scene, GF teams scene, duel scenes, etc.

If we can get the NW community united behind this idea of lets try to hit the E-sport scenery I think we have a solid chance of getting a lot more old people back into the game + getting new people because due to cloud that you can get thro twitch/youtube, lets be honest a lot of fucking people who first go into warband/NW saw the videos from Malakith, Aldemar, Chadman and thought to themselves lets fucking play this it looks pretty sick.
But eventually you have achieved everything in this game after some years and you result to either play for fun or just stop playing but when a prize pool of some sort can be added other then some individuals donating a few bucks (nothing bad to the people who donated I did it myself as well), lets say like a proper prize pool of 500 euros or above that would make things a lot more interesting and who knows where the limit would be, if manage to market ourselves in a good way.

Ofcourse their are many obstacles along the way, to name one is that NW is an old game... BUT its a solid game yes it has its occasional flaws but it truely hold some sort of skill to play this game.
Look at CSGO its also a very old game with more features but still it has stayed relatively the same in its core competitive play.

I might ofcourse be talking from a very optimistic point of view but I honestly believe we are able to pull it off, we already have so many great youtubers/twitchers like Tardet, Shadey, Chriseh, etc.

I am interested what people would think about this :)

PS.

I myself already started a bit of trial commentary see how it could workout on my youtube hence I thought I would give some more explanation here 8)

I've spoken to a few people about this, i'd even be willing to fund the first prize pool, but a lot of people are so negative about the community that they actively dislike the idea of anyone being rewarded to play
Nothing seemed out of place except the washing machine in the bar when the pink horses galloped across the sea.

Let your intentions be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you range, fall like a thunderbolt - Zeyden cringelord

Offline Golden.

• What in Gods name?
  • Major General
  • 🤠
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [G]
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #346 on: March 19, 2021, 02:03:31 am »
Sorry who is so negative Alf?

Offline ONeil_

• Major
  • epic gamer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: uwuwuwuwuwu
« Reply #347 on: March 19, 2021, 02:20:35 pm »
im arm wrestling gibby at next lan

Offline Kore

• The Sideblock King
  • Major General
  • Best Czech player on the Moon. uaa
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oubliette*******
« Reply #348 on: March 19, 2021, 02:39:27 pm »
im arm wrestling gibby at next lan

Topic is competitive NW not Stickfight the game
One of the best side blockers in the game. Often reffered as 'the Sideblock King'.

Offline Alf

• Major
  • 15th carry
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: March 19, 2021, 05:13:51 pm »

a lot of the people i've spoken to in my reg and others, there seems to be a pessimism about the idea
Nothing seemed out of place except the washing machine in the bar when the pink horses galloped across the sea.

Let your intentions be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you range, fall like a thunderbolt - Zeyden cringelord

Offline Fwuffy

• Amazing human being who deserves this title fully
  • General
  • Statue Gaming™
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Toupie
« Reply #350 on: March 19, 2021, 06:07:00 pm »
me is

Offline Golden.

• What in Gods name?
  • Major General
  • 🤠
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [G]
« Reply #351 on: March 19, 2021, 06:33:39 pm »

Offline Dias10

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: March 20, 2021, 09:44:11 am »
After the Battle of Bucharest I was in the talking stages of a LAN with Frank from Taleworlds this was before he left and it fell apart. But it's not impossible they were interested even back then doing something big like the Bucharest LAN.

If I remember correctly, a month ago a big Native Warband tournament organizer tried to contact Taleworlds to perhaps add a prize pool and advertise the tournament, but they simply ignored him, didn't even give him a response, they are more focused on bannerlord unfortunately.

Offline Saxon

• Captain
  • Resident Stoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: March 22, 2021, 10:04:21 am »
Spoiler
After the Battle of Bucharest I was in the talking stages of a LAN with Frank from Taleworlds this was before he left and it fell apart. But it's not impossible they were interested even back then doing something big like the Bucharest LAN.

If I remember correctly, a month ago a big Native Warband tournament organizer tried to contact Taleworlds to perhaps add a prize pool and advertise the tournament, but they simply ignored him, didn't even give him a response, they are more focused on bannerlord unfortunately.
[close]

Yes but not like TW really gave 2 shits about the community before Bannerlord lol
>always high
>GOAT

Offline Rikkert

• Brigadier General
  • Zout!
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: March 22, 2021, 11:05:54 am »
To them were really just the weird kids at the playground eating sand.

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
« Reply #355 on: March 22, 2021, 11:09:04 am »
Wait, eating the sand makes you weird?
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline AlekoTheGreek

• Donator
  • Alex, born in the year of the false spring
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 16th AlekoTheGreek
« Reply #356 on: March 22, 2021, 01:04:33 pm »
TW never gave half a shit about anyone playing their games.

Offline Saxon

• Captain
  • Resident Stoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: March 22, 2021, 03:07:07 pm »
TW never gave half a shit about anyone playing their games.

all about that lira lira bill
>always high
>GOAT

Offline Poberta

• Colonel
  • Coc great power IRL historian
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 45thN_kgd_poberta
  • Side: Union
« Reply #358 on: March 26, 2021, 08:47:55 am »
Small number  players which want play game