Author Topic: What IS killing the game?  (Read 64609 times)

Offline Kore

• The Sideblock King
  • Major General
  • Best Czech player on the Moon. uaa
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oubliette*******
  • Side: Neutral
Re: What IS killing the game?
« Reply #285 on: October 13, 2020, 06:26:06 pm »
The current ultra passive skeying meta is what's driving the game in the dirt imo
If you only blame toxicity for the game's questionnable "dying", do u even csgo ?

Everybody plays warband for its gameplay. If you remove that (i.e by skeying constantly and just preying on everybody else's offense making offensive players who aren't on rikkert's or python's level a burden) then the game will eventually die completely because it will virtualy become a patience game where we watch each other do nothing til someone makes a mistake.

Edit; just want to point out this is my personnal pov as a semi-casual player - I could be wrong and I don't aim to criticise players who do well in this setting
Well if you don’t like s keying players just come to NA then. People tend to spam and be a lot more aggressive then EU players.

true i will just move right now is there a free bedroom in your farmhouse
One of the best side blockers in the game. Often reffered as 'the Sideblock King'.

Offline PapaBean

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Just in case I don’t see ya…
    • View Profile
  • Nick: We out
« Reply #286 on: October 13, 2020, 06:50:48 pm »
You guys want a cure for the game? Talk to your youtuber friends that made the game so popular.  Convince them to come back and play/record.  No offense to Glenn or anyone in the NW community making NW videos but they arent bringing attention to the game that it once had.  The last time we had a large influx of people was when karth paid WarOwl to do some videos with the 63e.  That brought in several hundred new players to the game.  Are we likely to get anyone to stay for a long period of time? I dont know nor do I care.  The solution is honestly getting people to see the game/community.  Doing fun events where people go oh shit that looks better than holdfast.  We have creative guys in this community we just need a spotlight on that shit. 

Thats my two cents about it.  You can agree or disagree either way VetroG still blows corn on the cob out his ass. 

Offline Janne

• Lieutenant General
  • keep yourself safe
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #287 on: October 13, 2020, 07:10:22 pm »
alright lemme just quickly msg pewdiepie

Offline ~Midnight~

• Major General
  • bring back historical names
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oprichnik | 18e
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #288 on: October 13, 2020, 07:14:34 pm »

everyone spam his business email! he can't ignore all of us!

Offline ~NickCole~

• Brigadier General
  • Your nans
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 093
« Reply #289 on: October 13, 2020, 07:35:38 pm »
The current ultra passive skeying meta is what's driving the game in the dirt imo
If you only blame toxicity for the game's questionnable "dying", do u even csgo ?

Everybody plays warband for its gameplay. If you remove that (i.e by skeying constantly and just preying on everybody else's offense making offensive players who aren't on rikkert's or python's level a burden) then the game will eventually die completely because it will virtualy become a patience game where we watch each other do nothing til someone makes a mistake.

Edit; just want to point out this is my personnal pov as a semi-casual player - I could be wrong and I don't aim to criticise players who do well in this setting
Well if you don’t like s keying players just come to NA then. People tend to spam and be a lot more aggressive then EU players.

Yes you can sleep to my sheep Dolly.

Offline Kore

• The Sideblock King
  • Major General
  • Best Czech player on the Moon. uaa
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oubliette*******
« Reply #290 on: October 13, 2020, 07:40:37 pm »

Yes you can sleep to my sheep Dolly.

hmm a doll  :o
One of the best side blockers in the game. Often reffered as 'the Sideblock King'.

BlitzkriegMBNW

« Reply #291 on: October 14, 2020, 11:42:40 pm »

rikkert went 0-14 in pickups last night against two 55th privates
We teach em well ;)

Offline Kristine

• Donator
  • 55th_Gren
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nr8[LG]S-Gefr_Kristine
« Reply #292 on: October 16, 2020, 02:12:25 am »
You can agree or disagree either way VetroG still blows corn on the cob out his ass.

Offline Golden.

• What in Gods name?
  • Major General
  • 🤠
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [G]
« Reply #293 on: October 17, 2020, 02:25:10 pm »
patience is a skill bro

Spoiler
[close]

Any list that rates patience is automatically fucking retarded  :)

Offline nIvan

• Colonel
  • hello
    • View Profile
  • Nick: hi
« Reply #294 on: October 17, 2020, 02:48:41 pm »
patience is a skill bro

Spoiler
[close]

patience = recognizing that you aren't good enough to release a stab or enter the enemy's range

Offline Golden.

• What in Gods name?
  • Major General
  • 🤠
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [G]
« Reply #295 on: October 17, 2020, 03:33:03 pm »
patience is a skill bro

Spoiler
[close]

patience = recognizing that you aren't good enough to release a stab or enter the enemy's range

dont believe it

Offline maskmanmarks

• Major General
  • Colonel of the 45th Nottinghamshire Regiment
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 45thN_Col_Maskman_Peritz
« Reply #296 on: October 17, 2020, 04:13:02 pm »

Yes the Current meta is driving many players away from the competitive scene with not many newer players entering the scene and preforming at a good level to really stay and keep interested.

However the more pressing matter I see is the lack of regimental motivation both at the top and throughout the regiments, namely due to the novelty of the current events. There's a lack of new big interesting events that isn't filled with 5-10 man troll lines which can be annoying especially if you're in a larger regiment with a 30+ man Line every event. Casual Events such as 33d Historical Event, the 92nd 4v4 Monday LB and the 33rd Monthly Double Ranks Thursday Event are the only really fun and interesting events around nowadays in my opinion mainly due to their packed servers as well as their novelty with fun different scenarios every other week that these larger regiments can reenact. With the slightly more competetitive NWBC over (at least in the 45thN's Case) many regiments have nothing really to strive to (other than attendance) outside of these regimental tournaments (MRGL) which only allow a limited roster and is also invitational which the vast majority of very mid tier regiments won't be able to participate in.

I am just highlighting the problems I am seeing in the regimental community as a whole, not to say regiments cant grow (as best seen by 45thN/55th) but with a lack of interesting different events and nothing up and coming to build for (NWBC as an example) it'll be hard for many casual regiments to keep being motivated. Motivation and Involvement being key.

However the community has been like this for the past several years, admittedly becoming better due to corona but once again at least for now NW remains stagnant and if we dont move and just statue - we die. Its a shame the same dosent apply in group fights. #Statue
« Last Edit: October 17, 2020, 04:15:59 pm by maskmanmarks »
So let’s just ignore someone like Maskman who knows next to nothing about leading and the capabilities of regiments performing well in a linebattle type of event.
To state that anyone on a “good day could beat the 77y/15thYR” is just a meme of its own, if that was the case why don't you beat the 77y or 15thYR then!?

Offline Poney

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: October 18, 2020, 12:13:10 pm »
NW2 right around the corner dw

Offline Fralla8

• Colonel
  • 30x Gold yo
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 15thYR Cpl Fralla8
« Reply #298 on: October 18, 2020, 12:20:27 pm »
patience is a skill bro

Spoiler
[close]

Anyways I believe the only way for the game to get a lot of new players (and have them stay) is with a new updated/upgraded version of the game.
Lit triple post enyoy ban noob
Im a noob because your mad about what I post lol thats toxic as fuck and your a hypocrite to trying to team up with me with mad people your the noob kid, you wouldn't be acting this big by yourself. Go run back to your posse you pussy you ain't shit by yourself.

Offline Snowwi

• :]
  • General
  • Nr13 Reservist
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Klay Thompson
  • Side: Union
« Reply #299 on: October 18, 2020, 05:06:46 pm »

everyone spam his business email! he can't ignore all of us!
"Unable to perceive the shape of You...
I find you all around me.
Your presence fills my eyes with Your love...
It humbles my heart...
For You are everywhere."