Author Topic: What IS killing the game?  (Read 63979 times)

Offline Eamon

• Major
  • LtCol of the 15th_YR
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Irish
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: What IS killing the game?
« Reply #240 on: April 23, 2019, 02:01:56 pm »
just fyi, if irish insults you on your looks don't even take it serious lol

::)

There's no trees here Icegem

whats that between your legs

Ghostbusters

Offline Golden.

• What in Gods name?
  • Major General
  • 🤠
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [G]
« Reply #241 on: April 23, 2019, 03:30:20 pm »
Will try to answer when I can, cheers for taking the time to answer my post in a respectful manner despite the clear disagreements or different opinions.

For all the morons who cannot take part in an argument/discussion without throwing ad-hominem insults, I encourage you to stick to the M-NWWC or M. Points. Your comments probably won't be met with more enthusiasm there, but at least will they fit the general atmosphere of said threads.

M.points okay but M-NWWC  ??? Seems like some people have lost their sense of humour or are incapable of understanding sarcasm these days. I think there are very few people who care enough to genuinely argue and debate over such trivial things such as "the best regiment". In regards to whats killing the game idk maybe the fact its getting on 8 years old? Like others have said before.

Offline Dredd

• Second Lieutenant
  • 2e(AU) - 84th(NA)
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Dredd
  • Side: Union
« Reply #242 on: April 23, 2019, 03:42:43 pm »
It's come full circle back to the egos

kaide chill, irish is just fuckn with ya

Offline sirkaide

• Captain
  • Founder/Former leader of the 59th, NRP & Jailbreak
    • View Profile
    • 59th Website
  • Nick: Not politically correct
« Reply #243 on: April 23, 2019, 04:43:16 pm »
It's come full circle back to the egos

kaide chill, irish is just fuckn with ya

Nah mate. It was immature, edgy and personal comments. Insulting some based of their ethnic background, appearance and using terms like "scumbag" is pretty low. Someone I don't know directing them comments at me is hardly a bit of banter. Though anonymous people shit talking on the internet is hardly a new revelation. It simply adds nothing to the topic or conversation being discussed.

If you disagree feel free to share your own picture and let people make comments.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2019, 05:04:15 pm by sirkaide »

Online Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
  • Fidelitate et Honore | Fake Hype King
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Tardet
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #244 on: April 23, 2019, 04:48:44 pm »
Will try to answer when I can, cheers for taking the time to answer my post in a respectful manner despite the clear disagreements or different opinions.

For all the morons who cannot take part in an argument/discussion without throwing ad-hominem insults, I encourage you to stick to the M-NWWC or M. Points. Your comments probably won't be met with more enthusiasm there, but at least will they fit the general atmosphere of said threads.

M.points okay but M-NWWC  ??? Seems like some people have lost their sense of humour or are incapable of understanding sarcasm these days. I think there are very few people who care enough to genuinely argue and debate over such trivial things such as "the best regiment". In regards to whats killing the game idk maybe the fact its getting on 8 years old? Like others have said before.

The few times I checked the M-NWWC board, it was filled-up by rather idiotic and off-topic comments, by many of whom I usually see posting on the M. Point thread. I must admit, however, that I didn't check it all that often since several threads have been added, so maybe it wasn't a really fitting example.

As for the 'people have lost their sense of humour', I didn't find anything funny in what Irish said, but what's funny for me is probably not the same for you or him. My comment was also not directed at him necessarily but was more of a general statement to avoid any more shitposting. I caught something in what Kaide said which looked rather wrong to me, I addressed him about it and he answered me.

I also think you are completely lying to yourself if you think this is not the kind of discussion/argument/drama this community strives for. Just judging by the number of comments I got on steam from people being utterly pissed by Kaide's post, I can assure you its not just a 'few' people. But it's not what I was looking for when I started posting here, and for that reason, I will take it to PMs to avoid derailing this thread any further.
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often.

Offline sirkaide

• Captain
  • Founder/Former leader of the 59th, NRP & Jailbreak
    • View Profile
    • 59th Website
  • Nick: Not politically correct
« Reply #245 on: April 23, 2019, 05:01:51 pm »

The few times I checked the M-NWWC board, it was filled-up by rather idiotic and off-topic comments, by many of whom I usually see posting on the M. Point thread. I must admit, however, that I didn't check it all that often since several threads have been added, so maybe it wasn't a really fitting example.

As for the 'people have lost their sense of humour', I didn't find anything funny in what Irish said, but what's funny for me is probably not the same for you or him. My comment was also not directed at him necessarily but was more of a general statement to avoid any more shitposting. I caught something in what Kaide said which looked rather wrong to me, I addressed him about it and he answered me.

I also think you are completely lying to yourself if you think this is not the kind of discussion/argument/drama this community strives for. Just judging by the number of comments I got on steam from people being utterly pissed by Kaide's post, I can assure you its not just a 'few' people. But it's not what I was looking for when I started posting here, and for that reason, I will take it to PMs to avoid derailing this thread any further.

The voice of reason.

Thank you for calling out shitposting and avoiding the thread turning into a drama fest. This thread was simply about why the game's community is decreasing and it progressed into different topics but still associated with why the game is decreasing. Secondly, I am genuinely surprised people were pissed. This thread wasn't very active till I lobbed a fat post down.  Though I can explain my points and do actually offer a good insight into NW. My post originally wasn't about me sucking the 59th cock, but rather me offering my own view of the community over the past years. Unlike everyone else, I've only ever been in two regiments, and spent 6 years leading one regiment. So naturally, my outlook will be shaped by that. I was trying to draw attention to the fact that A) NW regiments put less focus on community and community regiments survive. B) The 59th walked back into NW, from holdfast, and now the game really has decreased in a number of ways. With only the 33rd, remaining at full strength, so GG there. And the 63e staying in Holdfast raises questions that we should all look at.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2019, 05:05:38 pm by sirkaide »

Offline Earth Bby

• FSE's Official Annoying English-Person
  • Donator
  • Bottom Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: April 23, 2019, 06:12:36 pm »

> Last two pages

Nap wars in a nutshell

Offline Golden.

• What in Gods name?
  • Major General
  • 🤠
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [G]
« Reply #247 on: April 23, 2019, 06:19:28 pm »

I wasn't referring to Irish's post it was reported and removed by Kaide before I could read it, I was referring to some of the posts on the M-NWWC thread as to being funny and joking around.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by the same people that post on the m. points thread. And for your information none of what I said was directed at you apart from the piece about the M-NWWC thread as that seemed like an attack since I had frequented both threads apologies if it wasn't. And I myself have written countless Ironic stupid remarks on both those threads. I'd like to take this moment to point out to the community that they are IRONIC. I guess it's just a bad sense of humor to have these days  :-\

Offline Eamon

• Major
  • LtCol of the 15th_YR
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: April 23, 2019, 07:07:55 pm »
Nobody reads the fine print

Offline Eamon

• Major
  • LtCol of the 15th_YR
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: April 26, 2019, 10:45:23 am »
To be fair, I was messing and don't give a shit to prove whether or which, but the reason I'm fucking with you is because on FSE your all innocent and higher ground and respect and in a teamspeak at least to me your condescending and somebody I have no time for other than to fuck with you on posts where your bullshitting the rest of the community. It's ironic that you shout oh he's insulting my ethnicity, while the only things you have ever said to me personally is alright paddy or comment on my nationality in a tone of voice you would hear from the traditional arsehole in a school playground.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2019, 10:48:51 am by Eamon »

Offline Tommmy

• First Sergeant
  • drinkin' Moets holdin Tecs
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: April 30, 2019, 08:49:20 am »
The game itself isn’t very good let’s be honest no one would willingly play it for 6+ hours solo unless they were trying to become good. The only reason it survives is the regiments and the organised event around it as they fragment and dwindle in numbers for one reason or another they main life source of the game slowly stagnates.
si vis pacem, parabellum

Offline Rikkert

• Brigadier General
  • Zout!
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: April 30, 2019, 04:25:02 pm »
All I can say is: #BringBackGreasyLocks

Offline Eamon

• Major
  • LtCol of the 15th_YR