I better grab my list of 'reasons why to be Sad and miserable'.
not again Duuring!
1. We will never be liked by everybody
2. What we define as bad, others might define as good, and vice versa. Who is right? We don't know.
3. Democracy is a perfect system. Just too bad humans aren't.
4. For every 'Remember our fallen!' or 'Lest we forget' concerning men from WWII, WWI or moderns wars, we ignore everybody from pre-1900 wars as if their deaths are somehow meaningless.
5. People don't really care about what happens outside of their little comfort zone.
6. Take reasons 2, 3 and 5 and we are forced to realize that things like world wars and genocides can easily happen once again, even in the Western world.
7. There are people being brutally killed as we speak. Someone probably got his throat slid as you were reading these points.
8. Once you die, your memory will live on in a few generations, before you are forgotten and it might as well have been like you never ever existed.
9. We don't give medals to decorate heroes, we give medals to get people to become them.
And that's just what I could think of on the spot.