Author Topic: How happy are you?  (Read 9180 times)

Offline Shortshorts

• Major General
  • I love memes
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 60th_Lt_Shortshorts
  • Side: Neutral
Re: How happy are you?
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2014, 08:11:33 pm »
I see, not to sound like a dick, but being a lawyer doesn't sound fun at all, if I may ask, what made you want to be a lawyer?
I'm a self righteous cunt, it felt like a good fit. I reasoned that if I'm going to do boring office work, I might as well do boring office work that has some meaning in people's lives.

Offline MrTiki

• Former Moderator
  • Senior Madmin EU
    • View Profile
  • Nick: MrTiki
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2014, 08:29:57 pm »
I'm the happiest I have been in my life for the past couple months now. It started last summer, finishing high school and then heading off to Nepal for a month. Usually I'm a cynical bugger, but it legitimately was life changing. Sure, I didn't do much that made me a better person there, but some of the discussions I had there definitely changed my outlook on life. In addition, it was just an amazing trip. I'm on a gap year, I have a job I enjoy for which I am paid a reasonable amount. I volunteer at a cancer centre, which is immensely satisfying, as well as an old people's home. Finally having been accepted into medical school beginning next year relieved a huge weight from my shoulders, which just made me enjoy life even more. Now I'm saving up for a trip to Japan and Korea to visit my friends there and be a tourist.

Life is good, as long as you see it that way. 8)

Offline Walko

• Brigadier General
  • Tired art student.
    • View Profile
    • 4. Silesian Landwehr
  • Side: Union
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2014, 08:57:11 pm »
I'm the happiest I have been in my life for the past couple months now. It started last summer, finishing high school and then heading off to Nepal for a month. Usually I'm a cynical bugger, but it legitimately was life changing. Sure, I didn't do much that made me a better person there, but some of the discussions I had there definitely changed my outlook on life. In addition, it was just an amazing trip. I'm on a gap year, I have a job I enjoy for which I am paid a reasonable amount. I volunteer at a cancer centre, which is immensely satisfying, as well as an old people's home. Finally having been accepted into medical school beginning next year relieved a huge weight from my shoulders, which just made me enjoy life even more. Now I'm saving up for a trip to Japan and Korea to visit my friends there and be a tourist.

Life is good, as long as you see it that way. 8)

That's awesome to hear! I'm glad you are doing so much for other people. I have had many friends who took a year off the explore or take trips like you and all of them have said that it's one of the best decisions they have ever made. And good job getting into medical school dude!

I see, not to sound like a dick, but being a lawyer doesn't sound fun at all, if I may ask, what made you want to be a lawyer?
I'm a self righteous cunt, it felt like a good fit. I reasoned that if I'm going to do boring office work, I might as well do boring office work that has some meaning in people's lives.

Well it's great that you will be helping people   :)
Pointy stick champion

Offline Karth

• Donator
  • General of 63e| NW Official Admin
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 63e_General_Karth
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2014, 09:22:30 pm »
Pretty happy, paying off my college bills with a super relaxed weekend cell phone salesman job, day trading, short selling mostly, making quite the bank (but when I filed my taxes to the "inserhomoslurhere" IRS they took quite a chunk of that - capitalism only works for some time), happy with my regiment, gaming keeps my other life shiz at ease, and actually I sort of do better with maintaining a 3.5gpa as im never really stressed.  Got field training in Alabama this summer to look to... not really excited about that ;/, but looking forward to finishing off 2 more years of undergrad with a bang!  But yea reflection wise don't really have anything to complain about!  School wise really good, money wise good, gaming wise excellent!

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2014, 10:05:43 pm »
Happiest time of my life so far? Wouldn't quite say that, but I'm not doing too bad. The last two years were the absolute worst of my life. School was horrible, I was failing half my courses, fell into drugs and alcohol abuse, spent 12 hours a day on the computer when I should have been doing work, etc.

I wasn't all unhappy, but it was certainly worse than it had ever been for me. This year has been far better. Transfered to a new school, got my shit together and started enjoying myself far more. Plenty of new friends as everyone at the new place is incredibly friendly and welcoming.

I've been thinking of what I want to do later on, and I'm immensely interested in history, politics, philosphy, economics and all that junk, but liberal arts is just a horrible thing to major in and I always second guess myself on the grounds of my degree possibly becoming worthless in the job market. Anyway, I'll figure something out. For the time being I just have to worry about keeping my shit together so I don't ruin my life before it truly begins. Meh.

Offline Walko

• Brigadier General
  • Tired art student.
    • View Profile
    • 4. Silesian Landwehr
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2014, 10:31:25 pm »
Pretty happy, paying off my college bills with a super relaxed weekend cell phone salesman job, day trading, short selling mostly, making quite the bank (but when I filed my taxes to the "inserhomoslurhere" IRS they took quite a chunk of that - capitalism only works for some time), happy with my regiment, gaming keeps my other life shiz at ease, and actually I sort of do better with maintaining a 3.5gpa as im never really stressed.  Got field training in Alabama this summer to look to... not really excited about that ;/, but looking forward to finishing off 2 more years of undergrad with a bang!  But yea reflection wise don't really have anything to complain about!  School wise really good, money wise good, gaming wise excellent!

Glad to hear Karth! It's a great feeling when everything is going right.

Happiest time of my life so far? Wouldn't quite say that, but I'm not doing too bad. The last two years were the absolute worst of my life. School was horrible, I was failing half my courses, fell into drugs and alcohol abuse, spent 12 hours a day on the computer when I should have been doing work, etc.

I wasn't all unhappy, but it was certainly worse than it had ever been for me. This year has been far better. Transfered to a new school, got my shit together and started enjoying myself far more. Plenty of new friends as everyone at the new place is incredibly friendly and welcoming.

I've been thinking of what I want to do later on, and I'm immensely interested in history, politics, philosphy, economics and all that junk, but liberal arts is just a horrible thing to major in and I always second guess myself on the grounds of my degree possibly becoming worthless in the job market. Anyway, I'll figure something out. For the time being I just have to worry about keeping my shit together so I don't ruin my life before it truly begins. Meh.

I'm sorry to hear about the last couple years, but it's good that things are better now. You seem like a very smart guy, and while I don't know you that well, I'm sure that you will be successful at whatever you choose to do.
Pointy stick champion

Offline Walko

• Brigadier General
  • Tired art student.
    • View Profile
    • 4. Silesian Landwehr
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2014, 10:38:31 pm »
Frith talk to me bb.
Pointy stick champion

Offline DoctorWarband

• Colonel
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: DoctorWarbandHD
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2014, 10:42:06 pm »
I am feeling quite sportive.
The Dankest of Memes, start in the simplest of words. Wombo combo.

Offline Walko

• Brigadier General
  • Tired art student.
    • View Profile
    • 4. Silesian Landwehr
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2014, 11:27:59 pm »
I am feeling quite sportive.

Awesome! Why is that?
Pointy stick champion

Offline DoctorWarband

• Colonel
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: DoctorWarbandHD
« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2014, 08:36:35 am »
The Dankest of Memes, start in the simplest of words. Wombo combo.

Offline Colonel Howe

• Donator
  • There isn't a noose tight enough
    • View Profile
    • People's History Podcast
  • Nick: Noah
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2014, 09:36:21 pm »
Meh, not right now really but hey...ya never know.

could be worse, could be better
Fuck off, Nazi scum

Offline Walko

• Brigadier General
  • Tired art student.
    • View Profile
    • 4. Silesian Landwehr
« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2014, 09:57:47 pm »
Meh, not right now really but hey...ya never know.

could be worse, could be better

Want to talk about it?
Pointy stick champion

Offline Jorvasker

• Donator
  • 33rd_Fus_Jorvasker
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Jorvasker
« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2014, 10:00:26 pm »
Walko is also the FSE Offical Consuler

Regiment History:
Filthy Casual Publorde from May 2011 - Mid July 2012 / Early Services from July - November 2012, including 33rd, 63e, 1stCI / 1stFKI - November 2012 - April 2013 / Break from April 2013 - July 2013, with a short return to 63e from June until July / 1stEPI - July 2013 - January 2016 (Retired from game)

Offline Redwall

• Second Lieutenant
  • Victoria Concordia Crescit
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 92nd_Cpl_James_Hart
« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2014, 10:02:55 pm »
Walko is also the FSE Offical Consuler
does he also do sex therapy?

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2014, 10:03:03 pm »
I better grab my list of 'reasons why to be Sad and miserable'.