Author Topic: What gaming peripherals/equipment do you use?  (Read 2579 times)

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel where I upload NW and M&B
  • Nick: CluelessWill
  • Side: Neutral
What gaming peripherals/equipment do you use?
« on: March 25, 2014, 10:12:36 pm »
So what do you use?

And if anyone would like to share their headsets, I've been looking to get a new one but don't know which to get. In terms of mine, I use a CM storm mouse and keyboard combo with a Samsung 23 inch monitor.
Check out my YT channel where I post NW www.youtube. com/c/CluelessWill
Spoiler
god damn, Anthony is smart, he was able to get the shit AEF to tie with the best reg in the game. The tactical geniusness needed to pull off such a feat is insane. He's the Erwin Rommel of NW.
i always get an erection when i check my subscrptions and see that phresh cluelesswill vid
It won't be FSE developing it, so it will come out!
[close]

Offline George385

• Donator
  • nah yeah nah nah yeah nah
    • View Profile
  • Nick: George385
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: What gaming peripherals/equipment do you use?
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2014, 10:18:15 pm »
i just have a headset from the local department store for like 15 bucks, works absolutely fine for me.

i used to have a Turtle Beach P11 until someone stepped on it :/ even though its for the playstation consoles it works fine for PC.

i have a gaming mouse which works really well, and a crappy keyboard which i need to replace.

in terms of a monitor, its an LG 20 inch monitor (i think).

Offline Locust

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2014, 03:37:24 am »
Headset: Plantonics 780

Offline Death by EMP

• Major
  • Crunch, forever and always
    • View Profile
  • Nick: CRUNCH
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2014, 06:25:11 pm »
If you buy a gaming "Surround Sound" headset, you are a total sap. PC games use stereo surround sound, meaning that you get accurate surround sound with 2.0 stereo sound without having to have a million drivers, with lower sound quality. That is why you will never see professional Counter Strike players (A game where having surround sound often means life or death) using these so called "gaming headsets". Personally, I use the Audio Technica ATH-M50s, one of the best bang for buck headsets ever made (80 dollars for the same quality of a 400 dollar Bose headset or much better quality than any "gaming headset") out there. Also, even worse, most "gaming headsets" use digital surround, not even true surround. There are hundreds of "7.1 gaming headsets" but only 2 that actually have 7 drivers, the rest are all just emulated 7.1, which is the same exact thing 2.0 stereo does. So you may think, oh, why not get a true 7.1 driver "gaming headset"? In short, smaller, more numerous drivers means much lower quality per driver, and also more likely to break (7 drivers per ear compared to 2). So in short, pick yourself up a stereo headset with good sound quality. Some of my recommendations are:
http://www.amazon.com/Audio-Technica-ATH-M50-Professional-Monitor-Headphones/dp/B000ULAP4U
http://shop.steelseries.com/us/audio/steelseries-siberia-v2-frost-blue-headset.html

Oh also, the lack of a built in microphone means instead of having a 1 channel, 16,000hz (casette quality) microphone, you can buy an external 2 channel 48,000hz (DVD quality) microphone. I use the Blue Yeti.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16836431024

For my mouse I use currently the Razer Imperator, although I'm about to upgrade to the far superior Steel Series Rival.

For my keyboard, I have the Steelseries Apex, awesome mechanical keyboard, the responsiveness is 10x better than my old Razer Blackwidow.

For my mousepad, I use the Steelseries QCK, arguably the best mousepad out there for accuracy and speed, back when I was still playing NW, the day I bought this pad (use to have an old Roccat one, it was aight), my game improved ten fold, much less sideblocks, and much quicker blocks. In counter strike I just became a ton more accurate.

For my headset, like I said, I'm using the Audio Technica ATH-M50s, which are amazing in the audio quality department, but they are just a tad bit to small for me (I have big ears /: ) so I am looking into maybe purchasing the Steelseries Siberia v2, which has slightly smaller drivers, but look muchhh more comfortable for me, so I am willing to make the small sacrifice.

Hope that helps you out with what you were looking for.

Headset: Plantonics 780
You overpayed a lottttt for that if you spent retail price. The drivers are only 40mm and they are digital 7.1. That's worth like 50 dollars at best. 40mm drivers are in 20 dollar Walmart headsets and 7.1 DIGITAL audio is glorified 2.0 stereo sound. Dolby Surround will never be a pro in a headset, unlike home studios where dolby surround runs off of individual large speakers, in a headset (if it's not emulated, which in this case it is) it's 7 little drivers in each ear cup about the size of a quarter. If it's emulated (which it is, in this case), it is the exact same as regular stereo 2.0 sound, but with "Dolby Drivers" which are regular drivers with a brand name slapped on.

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel where I upload NW and M&B
  • Nick: CluelessWill
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2014, 06:22:05 pm »
Just curious if anyone has any recommendations for monitors in a multi display setup. I was thinking of upgrading to 3 monitors as opposed to my one and was wondering if response time is really that big in FPS games like CSGO.
Check out my YT channel where I post NW www.youtube. com/c/CluelessWill
Spoiler
god damn, Anthony is smart, he was able to get the shit AEF to tie with the best reg in the game. The tactical geniusness needed to pull off such a feat is insane. He's the Erwin Rommel of NW.
i always get an erection when i check my subscrptions and see that phresh cluelesswill vid
It won't be FSE developing it, so it will come out!
[close]

Offline Crescent Glow

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2014, 06:24:32 pm »
Headset: Astro A50

Mouse: ProHT Gaming Mouse

Apart from that I use a laptop so everything else is already there for me. :P

AeroNinja

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2014, 06:32:16 pm »
Note: These pics don't belong to me.

My Mouse
[close]

My Keyboard
[close]

Offline Death by EMP

• Major
  • Crunch, forever and always
    • View Profile
  • Nick: CRUNCH
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2014, 06:38:20 pm »
Just curious if anyone has any recommendations for monitors in a multi display setup. I was thinking of upgrading to 3 monitors as opposed to my one and was wondering if response time is really that big in FPS games like CSGO.
Accept nothing more than 3ms, it will improve every game. 2 years ago I was playing NW with a 15ms display and when I swapped to me 1ms display I improved instantly.

Offline Madbull

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 63e_Grd_Madbull
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2014, 06:39:56 pm »
22 inch Dell monitor, cheap dell keyboard that came with my old PC and a Mionix Avior 8200 mouse.

Offline DaMonkey

• King of FSE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: King DaMonkey I
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2014, 09:06:23 pm »
I use a potato for a headset.
Did you know that if you use 100% of your brain, you get godlike powers? true story.
Did you know that if you use 10% of received donations, you can release BCoF by now. true story

Offline Archduke Sven

• Brigadier General
  • I have over 1000 warning points, be careful.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: regimentless sven
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2014, 09:38:05 pm »
24'' adjustable Asus 144hz screen, Corsair K70 keyboard, QPad OM-70 mouse and an Anderson 5.1 surround headset

its some nice sheeeet bro

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
[close]

told that bih don't @ me

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Riddlez
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2014, 09:41:36 pm »
I have a simple though heavily reliable Logitech Mouse, with 5 butons. I have had it for 3 years now and has never ever let me down.
I have an ASUS wireless headset which  is two years old now, has also never let me down. And for a USB-drive receiver and transmitter it has a stunning range.

I have a Gembird 420k (?) Joystick. It's cheap, just got it, but it works fine and is very easy to use. Though it's said to be not one to smash around with, so no enthousiastic slamming.

And I have an ASUS laptop, which was actually a golden buy. It has worked for me for 3 years now, is a workhorse andstill has average specs, even though it's that old.
Probably one of the very few old-timers here who hasn't been a regimental leader.

Offline Zzehth

• Donator
  • NANWL Co-Founder
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Mexico is part of NA, damn gringos
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2014, 09:42:55 pm »
My laptop - Toshiba Satellite c55-a

Spoiler
[close]

My mouse

Spoiler
[close]

I use the laptops keyboard and mic
Father of the NA Competitive Scene

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Riddlez
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2014, 10:10:07 pm »
Spoiler
[close]

That's the Nokia of Mice.
Fucking indestructible logitech hardware.
It's in the name: hardware
Probably one of the very few old-timers here who hasn't been a regimental leader.

Offline KL4R1N0G4MPR0S

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2014, 11:04:59 pm »
Spoiler
[close]

That's the Nokia of Mice.
Fucking indestructible logitech hardware.
It's in the name: hardware

Lol Anyone here use a laptop for gaming? Sounds like a lot of mArsmchines to me :)
<3