Author Topic: A Heads Up: Project Spring Clean 2014!  (Read 2981 times)

Offline SeanBeansShako

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
A Heads Up: Project Spring Clean 2014!
« on: March 16, 2014, 07:18:16 pm »
Lately some of you have been noticing a few posts going missing from your posting count and naturally you are bound to be asking questions about it and all sorts.

I'm making a thread right here now to save a lot of time and explain what is going on. As you know, the DLC is coming up to the 2nd year since release and a lot of things have happened on these forums including many events and regiments. But due to the cruel passage of time events end, regiments disband and merge and what we are left with is a lot of dead wood threads floating about doing nothing much really but giving the forums a rather untidy looking appearince. So much so, they outnumber the amount of active threads and regiments.

I also suspect this amount of stuff sitting around didn't help us when the forums went down at the release of a certain mod a few weeks back.

For the next few weeks I'll be sifting through and removing these ancient things from the forums but I wouldn't worry about things like those really nice looking tables, medals, banners or general pretty arm you mocked up that could be used by yourself as other people as I myself are saving them and will be archiving them and passing the files out to the other FSE staff to ensure they will live on and help the general community for the future.

But never the less, If you are fond of a certain type of table or formatting and would like to use for a future mod regiment or BCOF project I would go save the text and formatting and stick it in a Pastebin. For now a lot of the stuff been touched mostly has a back up thread at the old TaleWorlds forums but I'd rather be safe than sorry and get your text fluff all secured. 

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: A Heads Up: Project Spring Clean 2014!
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2014, 11:18:22 pm »
My beautiful post count! I worked so hard at it! Damn you  :'(

Offline SeanBeansShako

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2014, 12:16:39 am »
It isn't that bad, a slow and steady progression. I've quite an impressive amount of assets salvaged, just wondering how to share them to the rest of the community the easiest way possible.

Offline Matthew

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • ლ(◕◡◕ლ) oly gaym y u heff 2 b med
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Matthew ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2014, 12:18:15 am »
So you are going to delete the 60th Spamathon thread?
"A Boss in Heaven is the best excuse for a boss on earth, therefore If God did exist, he would have to be abolished." - Mikhail Bakunin
"Dispassionate, fair, equal"
Oh you wanted a serious response, why didn't you just say so.
b2e98ad6f6eb8508dd6a14cfa704bad7f05f6fb

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2014, 12:22:58 am »
So you are going to delete the 60th Useful Information thread?
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline SeanBeansShako

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2014, 12:31:05 am »
The only threads that will be locked/deleted will be ones of long past, merged or abandoned regiments. Assets will be saved for a community art OSP pack I'll be putting together.

Anything actually active and with general purpose would not be touched as that'd be again the whole point.

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2014, 12:31:59 am »
I will save my 57e thread template in that case then. :P
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline SeanBeansShako

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2014, 12:33:18 am »
I will save my 57e thread template in that case then. :P

Feel free, Vince favours me locking a lot more than deleting. Chances are it will still be there. Though if anyone cares for banners and signatures it'd be wise to back them up. I've seen a lot of delete PhotoBucket/IMGUR errors that last few days.

Offline Onii

• Donator
  • Your friendly neighbourhood Dane
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2014, 08:39:37 am »
Maybe we could remove all those ancient threads to where "bad" threads go.
So they won't be visible but still there (collecting dust forever and ever and ever... e.e)

Offline Alfred

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Alfred
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2014, 10:41:12 am »
If any moderator could PM me the code of these threads i would be grateful. I only want to save them and be sure they wont be deleted from the forums completely.

Thanks in advance!

Links to threads
https://www.fsegames.eu/forum/index.php?topic=7266.0
https://www.fsegames.eu/forum/index.php?topic=37.0

Offline SeanBeansShako

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2014, 02:20:04 pm »
Code for both threads sent.

Offline Furrnox

• Lieutenant General
  • Eternally incorrect, centre-left, asshole.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2014, 02:21:15 pm »
If any moderator could PM me the code of these threads i would be grateful. I only want to save them and be sure they wont be deleted from the forums completely.

Thanks in advance!

Links to threads
https://www.fsegames.eu/forum/index.php?topic=7266.0
https://www.fsegames.eu/forum/index.php?topic=37.0
You could just press the quote button and copy paste everything nub :P

Offline SeanBeansShako

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2014, 02:27:20 pm »
To be fair, when the thread is locked you can't really quote reply now :).

Offline Evanovic

• Captain
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Evan
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2014, 10:49:26 pm »
You should just put all the NW boards into an amalgamated Sub-Forum, away from the main page, instead of deleting community history.
Aliases: Evan | Evanovic | Evan Fraser | Previous Regiments: 3rd | 13e | 15e | 91st | Nr.24 | 15thYR | 17e Legion d'Honneur | Now Retired

Tournament Wins: 3x NW Duel Champion (5x Finalist) | 1x 2vs2 Tournament | 1x 3vs3 Tournament | 11x Groupfighting Tournament (Minions, Argyll, PowerRangers) | 3x National Groupfighting Tournament (UK Team) | 3x Regimental Groupfighting Tournament (Nr.24, 17e) | 3x Regimental League (91st, Nr.24) | EU vs NA Linebattle 2016 (Team EU)

Graphics Work: Groupfighting Tournament | NWEC

AeroNinja

« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2014, 10:55:39 pm »
Oh ill send some forum pages tommorow from myself through the codes from the ones that are active. :)
« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 11:06:01 pm by MithrellaS »