Author Topic: Group Fighting Tournament 17 - Open For Sign-Ups!  (Read 12384 times)

Offline USE4life

• Donator
  • Queen of Yorkshire
    • View Profile
    • http://www.yorkshireparty.org.uk/
  • Nick: Kicked out the K-KA_USE4life
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: Group Fighting Tournament 17 - Open For Sign-Ups!
« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2014, 03:17:28 pm »
He was also calling them names...  ???

Offline FrithBiscuit

• Colonel
  • PM me for pics, cutest Grimbarian
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2014, 03:18:13 pm »
Friendly banter, init m8?

/s

/s indicates sarcasms, pls dont take srsly
Current:
Past: 63e CdB, 43rd Ens, 28th Lt, 1stElbe Lt

Offline Karth

• Donator
  • General of 63e| NW Official Admin
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 63e_General_Karth
  • Side: Union
« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2014, 03:19:09 pm »
Frith learn to American English you wannabe colonial!

Offline FrithBiscuit

• Colonel
  • PM me for pics, cutest Grimbarian
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 09, 2014, 03:22:45 pm »
English English is best type of English as it was made by the English and the English speak it properly.

English.

arse
Current:
Past: 63e CdB, 43rd Ens, 28th Lt, 1stElbe Lt

Offline Hekko

• Captain
  • I host stuff
    • View Profile
    • 15e Website
  • Nick: Nr24_Gren_Hptm_Hekko
« Reply #34 on: March 09, 2014, 07:08:40 pm »
Well, I see that Herisheys comments have been eradicated from the thread. Perhaps that is best, I still feel that he ought to be answered though, because it's not a pretty picture he is painting, and one that to be honest was fairly unfair.

First of all, do not applaud my decision to move the date. I did not make that decision. Perhaps it's for the best though, the GFT has always been on Wednesdays, and the date of your tournament never really was the major issue.

The salient point is the name and the way the tournament is being advertised. First it was advertised as the "official" tournament which is about as erroneous as it gets. Herishey himself told me he was uncomfortable with the name and that he had asked Stunned Lime to change it. Stunned Lime apparently would not change the name until FSE intervened because obviously they are the people who can go about branding stuff as official. And even then he went and changed the name to "The Napoleonic Wars Groupfighting Tournament". Secondly look at the way the tournament is being advertised:

"The Official Groupfighting Tournament has been created by experienced veterans of the community to create the big league of groupfighting competitions. With a past of many well hosted events of this sort we wish to break away from the pack and make this a new experience. Our goal is to make this the most professional and skilled groupfighting event every hosted in this community. We will achieve this by well performed organization, excellent servers and exceeding adminship."

Alright, fair enough, nothing wrong with wanting to do something innovative. However, considering the fact that they essentially plagiarized the concept and the rules that my team and I have been using for the last two years word for word kind of goes to show that it being something new, being a bit of a lie.

From all of this, it's painfully obvious for everyone with half a brain, that they wish to ride on the success and efforts of me and my team without even giving credit for having copy-pasted our rules.

They then claim that they were bridging the gap because I had disappeared. This obviously is a lie, since neither Stunned Lime nor Herishey even bothered to ask me, they both have me on steam, secondly, it's a month and a half since the last GFT, which is not an unreasonable length, especially due to the issues of having all threads locked.

The very first Groupfighting Tournament: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,211971.0.html

Now admittedly we rolled out this tournament with the initial same date as an aggressive act, is that unreasonable when someone else is trying to "steal" what you have worked on for two years? In my opinion it isn't. I do not understand how Herishey, who has admitted that he was uncomfortable with the actions of Stunned Lime then proceeds to come here and proceeds to demonize me and my team for being upset about the fact that our work was being stolen. He then said that he thought our means were villainous. Alright, some of it wasn't the prettiest, but quite clearly negotiating with Stunned Lime was impossible, Herishey would know, after all he acted as the go-between for the negotiations, and he knows perfectly well that Stunned Lime only changed the name when he ran into trouble with FSE.

In my mind Herishey is pretty much calling us (and completely uninvolved Nr24 people, which would warrant a whole other post) villains because we fought back. Which is the same as saying that someone who fights back against a robber is doing something wrong, because the robber started robbing him fair and square.

I am also deeply saddened by the community's reaction to this as a whole, just dismissing the concerns of my team and even supporting Stunned Lime. We have been hosting this event for over two years for people to enjoy competitive melee. Hell even people who dislike me intensely have partaken and enjoyed themselves in the events, without hassle. Which I think shows just what sort of institution for the community our efforts have been, yet the thanks we get is abandonment when we express our concerns about someone else doing their best to steal our efforts.

I guess no good deed goes unpunished.

Of course we will keep on hosting the tournaments and have a lot of fun while doing it as long as there are people there having fun with us.

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
« Reply #35 on: March 09, 2014, 07:19:28 pm »
Just to say Hekko, we already talked about this via Steam and I gave you my reasons, you know I am not the main organiser and put no work into the thread, name, rules all that sort of stuff yet in some way it still seems like you are blaming me for it. I also said I do not hate on you for reacting badly or fighting back, I just don't agree with the way in which you are doing it. Offering admin if they change tournaments and threatening to take it away if they don't change. That is all I am saying as it as what I have already said to you via Steam.

I still don't agree with some things but well what can you do, in life there is always things you won't agree with.
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline Hekko

• Captain
  • I host stuff
    • View Profile
    • 15e Website
  • Nick: Nr24_Gren_Hptm_Hekko
« Reply #36 on: March 09, 2014, 07:29:51 pm »
The GFS and the GFT are rather closely linked. They are not the same entity of course, but we have a healthy interchange and if the GFS recognized the distastefulness of what Stunned Lime attempts to do, and chose to support us, I cannot really see the harm in that.

Secondly, you cannot really escape association with the organization seeing that you are one of the organizers, and in this case it quite clearly indicates that you are actively support their choices, because being an organizer is not really a passive position when organizing something, sure you might not agree with everything, but on the balance you support them. Also it's a bit rich coming from you, seeing that you're the one who were shooting flak at a lot of completely and utterly uninvolved Nr24 people.

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 09, 2014, 07:38:55 pm »
If you had read my post carefully you would have saw that I only "Shot flak" at members of Nr24 who posted on our thread or threatened other players. In fact I thanked the Nr24 that didn't. Hekko we talked about this via Steam and now you act completely differently? Yes I'm associated with the other tournament I won't say I'm not and I am happy to be, its just a guy trying to do another tournament for the community. Maybe some of the decisions he made were wrong but he has rectified some of them.
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline Melton

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 09, 2014, 07:55:39 pm »
If you had read my post carefully you would have saw that I only "Shot flak" at members of Nr24 who posted on our thread or threatened other players. In fact I thanked the Nr24 that didn't.
Why thank the Nr24 for not doing anything?
Wouldn't it be disgusting of me to go around to thank black people for not stealing my bike?

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 09, 2014, 08:00:40 pm »
It was thanking them for not joining in with what SOME of their regiment were doing.

Offline Carolus.

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Norge är ändå helt okej
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 10, 2014, 12:05:42 pm »
It was thanking them for not joining in with what SOME of their regiment were doing.

Thats just weird.. why would you thank me for that? Anyways Im looking forward to the 1st ever Group Fighting Tournament. Its exactly what this community needs.

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 10, 2014, 01:10:22 pm »
Awww thanks mate. I'm looking forward to Hekkos 17th even if I'm not attending.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Offline MrSt3fan

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 33rd_Col_MrSt3fan
« Reply #42 on: March 10, 2014, 02:50:15 pm »
Seeing as there are so many Musket Groupfighting tournaments these days, wouldn't it be interesting to see a Sword Only Groupfighting Tournament?

Offline Sleek

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 10, 2014, 03:11:21 pm »
no, go home
Quote from: Theodin
Sleek somehow only attacks when he’s successfully pulled a dude away and his team is coming to help - as in, the most reasonable time to continue blocking

Sleek plays like he's underwater - slow

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
  • Fidelitate et Honore | Fake Hype King
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Tardet
« Reply #44 on: March 10, 2014, 04:49:41 pm »
Seeing as there are so many Musket Groupfighting tournaments these days, wouldn't it be interesting to see a Sword Only Groupfighting Tournament?

A duel tournament maybe, but not a groupfighting tourney only with swords :D
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often.