Author Topic: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive  (Read 717127 times)

Offline Death by EMP

• Major
  • Crunch, forever and always
    • View Profile
  • Nick: CRUNCH
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
« Reply #720 on: August 23, 2014, 02:42:45 am »

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
  • Ex 77y Pfc, 93rd Private and 18e Grenadier
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #721 on: August 23, 2014, 11:21:25 am »

That happened to me at least 3 times on Dust 2 yesterday xD

Offline Ledger

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Self-proclaimed selfish super-spreader.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 91st_Lt_James_Munro
« Reply #722 on: August 23, 2014, 12:37:23 pm »
Aim - The best way to improve your aim, is to go on 128 HS only servers (preferably around 30 - 50 ping). Do not spray, do not pre-fire everything. Aim first > then one tap shoot.
Spraying - Go on an empty server (Create your own), get yourself an AK / M4 (Try to practice with both, at least 5 - 10 minutes with each) and spray at the wall.
Burst and Side stepping -  (Video from WarOwl)

30 minutes every day and you should see an improvement in no time.

NOTE : This might not be the best way, but it has worked for me.

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
  • Ex 77y Pfc, 93rd Private and 18e Grenadier
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: August 23, 2014, 12:49:13 pm »
Nice! Thanks! :)

Offline Death by EMP

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: August 23, 2014, 01:37:06 pm »
Aim - The best way to improve your aim, is to go on 128 HS only servers (preferably around 30 - 50 ping). Do not spray, do not pre-fire everything. Aim first > then one tap shoot.
Spraying - Go on an empty server (Create your own), get yourself an AK / M4 (Try to practice with both, at least 5 - 10 minutes with each) and spray at the wall.

First half is bad advice. You don't want to go on 128 tick unless you will be playing on 128 tick (ESEA, CEVO, AltPUG), they feel and perform drastically different, so practicing on seperate tick rates compared to what  you are playing on is a bad idea.

Offline Ledger

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: August 23, 2014, 02:10:56 pm »

First half is bad advice. You don't want to go on 128 tick unless you will be playing on 128 tick (ESEA, CEVO, AltPUG), they feel and perform drastically different, so practicing on seperate tick rates compared to what  you are playing on is a bad idea.

All the leagues and tournaments are held on 128 tick servers, not to mention 128 tick servers out perform the 64 tick potato servers on MM. Even though it's true that 64 tick servers are different to 128 tick servers, you're better off getting used to 128 tick.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 02:15:25 pm by Ledger »

Offline Death by EMP

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: August 23, 2014, 02:45:45 pm »

All the leagues and tournaments are held on 128 tick servers, not to mention 128 tick servers out perform the 64 tick potato servers on MM. Even though it's true that 64 tick servers are different to 128 tick servers, you're better off getting used to 128 tick.
No you aren't.... you're talking about silver 2's.... not global elites, they aren't going to any tourneys. I've played lots on both tick rates, there is a big difference and practicing on them is not recommended if you aren't playing on a PUG or league. Ask any pro, they will say the same. Hiko tells it religiously on his stream.

Offline Ledger

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: August 23, 2014, 02:56:38 pm »

No you aren't.... you're talking about silver 2's.... not global elites, they aren't going to any tourneys. I've played lots on both tick rates, there is a big difference and practicing on them is not recommended if you aren't playing on a PUG or league. Ask any pro, they will say the same. Hiko tells it religiously on his stream.

You do realize we are talking about aim here, right? Not spraying and praying, there is a reason why I added aim in front of it. It will still improve their aim.

P.S : They don't even need to shoot at the person, just put their crosshair on their head and manage to follow it, without flinching all over the place.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 02:58:28 pm by Ledger »

Offline Death by EMP

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: August 23, 2014, 04:37:14 pm »

You do realize we are talking about aim here, right? Not spraying and praying, there is a reason why I added aim in front of it. It will still improve their aim.

P.S : They don't even need to shoot at the person, just put their crosshair on their head and manage to follow it, without flinching all over the place.
I don't think you even understand what difference tick rate makes. Playing on 128 tick as compared to 64 tick is near to the difference between LAN and online. There is a reason teams do better at LAN compared to online and vice versa, it is what they are used to, what they have their aim, movement, timings, sprays, etc. adjusted for, it's a very different environment and if you can't grasp that you aren't in the position to be giving tips on what servers to be using.

Offline Who-

• Colonel
  • You been lookin' for the wrong one
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: August 23, 2014, 05:36:23 pm »
Don't bother trying to argue with EMP, Ledger. He is always right no matter what
I'm like a reincarnated Saltyy But I actually have some talent.

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel where I upload NW and M&B
  • Nick: CluelessWill
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #730 on: August 23, 2014, 05:44:34 pm »
Don't bother trying to argue with EMP, Ledger. He is always right no matter what
Confirmed, can not into win against EMP
Check out my YT channel where I post NW www.youtube. com/c/CluelessWill
Spoiler
god damn, Anthony is smart, he was able to get the shit AEF to tie with the best reg in the game. The tactical geniusness needed to pull off such a feat is insane. He's the Erwin Rommel of NW.
i always get an erection when i check my subscrptions and see that phresh cluelesswill vid
It won't be FSE developing it, so it will come out!
[close]

Offline Death by EMP

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: August 23, 2014, 06:02:41 pm »
With experience comes knowledge (:

Also helps most people I argue with are usually wrong.

This is for Who
[close]
« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 06:09:41 pm by Death by EMP »

Offline Oxford_

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • I <3 Jenna Coleman & CS:GO
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: August 23, 2014, 09:27:25 pm »

Offline Grimsight

• Donator
  • ᴅɪꜱʀᴇꜱᴩᴇᴄᴛ_Yᴏᴜʀ_ᴍᴇᴍᴇꜱ
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 3eVolt
« Reply #733 on: August 23, 2014, 10:05:56 pm »
With experience comes knowledge (:

Also helps most people I argue with are usually wrong.

This is for Who
[close]
Spoiler
[close]

Offline 15th Archer

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4e_Huss_Cpt_Archer
« Reply #734 on: August 23, 2014, 11:43:06 pm »

I don't think you even understand what difference tick rate makes. Playing on 128 tick as compared to 64 tick is near to the difference between LAN and online. There is a reason teams do better at LAN compared to online and vice versa, it is what they are used to, what they have their aim, movement, timings, sprays, etc. adjusted for, it's a very different environment and if you can't grasp that you aren't in the position to be giving tips on what servers to be using.

Ledger is right, he has a lot of experience and plays at a high eagle level even though that does not matter but since most people are "ohh rank is ur skill level" i will use it as a representation of his skill. When I started playing csgo and wanted to improve I went on 128tick servers and it worked, now I am Eagle Master and rocking those headshots. If you get good at 128tick, you will be good on 64 tick you will still get headshots, improve your spray etc. etc.

Source: Been playing csgo for several hundred hours, played against and with pros.