Author Topic: Suggestions  (Read 92347 times)

Offline Betaknight

• Major
  • To Protect and To Serve
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Betaknight
  • Side: Union
Re: Suggestions
« Reply #225 on: February 12, 2015, 03:07:41 pm »
Germany attacked France (through belgium) first by following the Von Schlieffen plan, which was to prevent a 2 front war. The germans thought that the russians would take weeks to assemble an army, so they weren't attacking yet when the first german-french assault began. So the team was following the timeline, faction wise.
The first modder for NW.

Offline hardcorefreestyleboy

• Second Lieutenant
  • Yes the name is supposed to be RAINBOWLIKE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: GERRY
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #226 on: February 12, 2015, 03:09:59 pm »
Ah thats why you added Belgium
Gerry is butiful!!!

Offline lolman1c

• Sergeant Major
  • Royal Engineers Commander and IE Dev
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: February 12, 2015, 09:06:29 pm »
I think the mod should have been in WW1 eastern front from the beginning on. Why?

1. If you had only included germany and russia it wouldnt have felt as unfinished as it is now without britain because AH fought in other parts of the front.

2. Maps would be much easier to make because it wasnt all mud and trenches.

3. Cavalry. Cavalry was still an important thing in early eastern front. NW mods without cav simply lack something.

1. The British are coming eventually. BUT people forget the English weren't the only side in ww1 western front (I'm saying this as an English man!) It's important to capture other aspects.

2. We don't want to just change our game to make it easier for us... As one of the mappers for IE it isn't my job to make a map just because it is easy. I make it depending on what works or what is good.

3. Our mod is set during late into ww1. By setting it at an earlier date we would be sacrificing many many things.... there was also a reason why they switched from horses to tanks during ww1. A horse was a giant target for bullets and arty... They were really only used to transport good once they realized their uselessness.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 01:56:53 am by lolman1c »

Offline Rigadoon

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Rigadoon
« Reply #228 on: February 12, 2015, 10:31:05 pm »
So the team was following the timeline, faction wise.
Nope.

Lolman, I don't think you fully understand his point about the lack of Britain.

@hardcorefreestyleboy
Apart from how ridiculous it is to feel that the mod is unfinished due to not every faction on the front being created, French and British troops fought on different parts of the Western Front as well so it is the exact same situation as the Eastern Front if Austria-Hungary was missing. Choosing the setting of the mod based on how easy it would be to make maps is, quite frankly, completely nonsensical. Cavalry is indeed something that we had to sacrifice for the setting but I disagree that it is an integral part of NW gameplay and cavalry alone is not enough to make up for the disadvantages of an Eastern Front mod. Starting the mod on the Eastern Front is a terrible idea. Most people who have any interest in WWI care more about the Western Front, and for good reason. It was the most important front of the war, the type of warfare there was unique to anything that preceded it,  and it saw the first combat use of many new and interesting military technologies. A WWI mod that doesn't contain trenches and the nations people most strongly associate with WWI simply wouldn't get as much attention.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 04:46:11 am by Rigadoon »

Offline lolman1c

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: February 13, 2015, 01:53:54 am »
Spoiler
So the team was following the timeline, faction wise.
Nope.

Lolman, I don't think you fully understand his point about the lack of Britain.
Apart from how ridiculous it is to feel that the mod is unfinished due to not every faction on the front being created, French and British troops fought on different parts of the Western Front as well so it is the exact same situation as the Eastern Front if Austria-Hungary was missing. Choosing the setting of the mod based on how easy it would be to make maps is, quite frankly, completely nonsensical. Cavalry is indeed something that we had to sacrifice for the setting but I disagree that it is an integral part of NW gameplay and cavalry alone is not enough to make up for the disadvantages of an Eastern Front mod. Starting the mod on the Eastern Front is a terrible idea. Most people who have any interest in WWI care more about the Western Front, and for good reason. It was the most important front of the war, the type of warfare there was unique to anything that preceded it,  and it saw the first combat use of many new and interesting military technologies. A WWI mod that doesn't contain trenches and the nations people most strongly associate with WWI simply wouldn't get as much attention.
[close]

Rigadoon, I agree with everything you just said but I still think people shouldn't think the game was unfinished just because the British weren't there. I think you miss read some of the things I said because I was tired and didn't make it clear. I have edited this now. However, everything you talk about is not what I said but what the other guy said and I just quoted? Unless I'm also miss reading you?

Offline Rigadoon

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: February 13, 2015, 04:45:52 am »
The paragraph was addressing hardcorefreestyleboy because I thought some of your responses needed clarifying. I am in complete agreement that people shouldn't think the mod is unfinished, and basically everything else you said. I meant to add on to what you said. I didn't make that clear though and I apologize.

Offline OttoFIN

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: February 13, 2015, 07:18:12 am »
I think you guys would have a use for Deluge's crouchwalking script.

Offline Rigadoon

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: February 13, 2015, 07:24:02 am »
And their grenade fuse script.  :-\ I doubt they will let us use them though. I suppose we could try trading code or we could make some art for them.

Offline DanyEle

• Board Moderator
  • Sssh! I'm coding, don't disturb :D
    • View Profile
  • Nick: DanyEle
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #233 on: February 13, 2015, 08:11:53 am »
Or we can code them ourselves!

Offline hardcorefreestyleboy

• Second Lieutenant
  • Yes the name is supposed to be RAINBOWLIKE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: GERRY
« Reply #234 on: February 13, 2015, 02:01:21 pm »
@Rigadoon
I can not deny that an eastern front mod/ first release would probably have decreased the attendance but that doesnt change anything for me. The eastern front is simply more fitting for a NW mod IMO because the "open combat" aspect isnt entirely gone such as in the western front.The game is not made for trench warfare and you will always notice that. That is also the reason why I prefer the IE maps without too many trenches.
Gerry is butiful!!!

Offline lolman1c

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: February 13, 2015, 04:06:02 pm »
Don't worry Rigadoon, I understand you were expanding on my comments I was just making clear that I thought the British don't complete the game and what not... But a few scripts would be nice if Dany can feel like he can do them. And the Eastern front to me wouldn't work for the Mod as (like suggested before) we don't want to just re skin NW for ww1. We wanted to present a new experience and new game-play options and tactics. Although games like North and South are cool they just feel too much like something I already play while IE to me was like turning on a completely different new game.

As for the game not made for trench combat... I would have to disagree. I have done tests within my regiment of a trench map I made for tests (don't want to give to much away) and it was fun and new. We found ourselves lost in the trenches hunting people down before climbing back over for a finale assault on their trench. It might just be play styles but I always liked the feeling of the trench systems when they were done correctly.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 04:10:01 pm by lolman1c »

Offline Betaknight

• Major
  • To Protect and To Serve
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Betaknight
« Reply #236 on: February 13, 2015, 05:11:56 pm »
Keep in mind, you can't please everyone... Learned that through MnG
The first modder for NW.

Offline lolman1c

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: February 15, 2015, 04:18:03 pm »
Keep in mind, you can't please everyone... Learned that through MnG

I personally don't do it to please everyone. I do it to please the loyal fan to this mod who still continue to host events.

Offline Dupke

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: GGrNr2_O_Daden
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #238 on: March 03, 2015, 07:39:07 pm »
Suggestions from the GGrNr2 for IE:
-Accuracy like "Blood&Iron"
-Mortar Bug should be fixed
-No more server crashes while playing with many players
-Animations Bugs while reloading and aiming
-Maybe a new game mod?(not a must have)
-what about tanks?
-More mapping items
- more german and french marches

Offline lolman1c

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: March 03, 2015, 09:49:24 pm »
Suggestions from the GGrNr2 for IE:
-Accuracy like "Blood&Iron"
-Mortar Bug should be fixed
-No more server crashes while playing with many players
-Animations Bugs while reloading and aiming
-Maybe a new game mod?(not a must have)
-what about tanks?
-More mapping items
- more german and french marches

the GGrNr1 have played a couple of my Beta maps, what do you guys think of them so far?