Author Topic: Modding sub-boards - Suggestions  (Read 2308 times)

Offline Gokiller

• Almost Pride of Ni
  • Major General
  • Bydand in the chat lads!
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Modding sub-boards - Suggestions
« on: February 01, 2014, 09:47:18 pm »
So, I don't really get why you (fse moderators) splitted up the released modification board from the rest that is related to modding. But now apparently you have started to make some eddits to it I would like to but some suggestions forward myself regarding the modification sub boards.

1. Have the modding under one "category", like right now the Lounge is a category for all the off-topic boards/threads. Just like Taleworlds did. With for example one sub-board for released modifications like right now, one for modifications in progress. And one for the development (questions, tutorials, etc). Personally I just think that the way TW did is a bit more organised then what it is now.

2. Have a sub-board for OSP (open source project) threads, for people that make re-textures, scenes, models, animations etc also just like on TW instead of what we now have, we have something called "minor modifications" but what isn't exactly clear. As I think this is meant for the same purpose. As in, to me it wouldn't be very clear if a certaïn "minor" modification can be used for other mods or not. As I could understand that not everyone that made its own minor modification wants others to use assets from that for their own mod.
Now a simple sub-board like in TW that makes clear that everything that's in there can be used by others along credits are given of course to the right people. Here you could easily but all the scenes in as well as it comes to it that they fit in there as well.

So to grab it together instead of a big explanation.

- Create a new Category for Modding,
- Have 3 sub-boards under this, one "released modifications", one "mods under development", and one "mod development" (like on TW)
- Under mod development a single sub-board called something like "OSP" something for work that people want to share with others, scenes, animations, textures, models etc.

Just my personal thought on it, hope you guys can do something with it.

Goki
« Last Edit: February 01, 2014, 11:49:29 pm by Gokiller »

Offline Noodlenrice

• Major
  • King of Nam'
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st_Pte_Noodlenrice
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: Modding sub-boards - Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2014, 07:27:02 pm »
Agreed

Offline Von Alten

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
I'm bullying you, 14e became master on bullies

14e_SoP_Alten | 2pp_Fiz_Alten | 1oCaz_Cpl_Alten

Offline Gokiller

• Almost Pride of Ni
  • Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2014, 06:42:54 pm »
Kay... Now I just hope moderators actually look at this board...  :-\

Offline Olafson

• FSE Developer
  • #friendsforever
    • View Profile
  • Nick: FSE_Olafson
  • Side: Union
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2014, 11:24:47 am »
Will look into it.

Offline Gokiller

• Almost Pride of Ni
  • Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2014, 11:26:56 am »
Much luv.  :-*

Offline Joseph Graham

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2014, 11:29:07 am »
Whilst we're on the subject of sub-boards it would be nice to see some more dedicated moderators for the regiment/event sub-boards, people who can be trusted and are able to keep it tidy. Takes a little bit of stress off of the actual moderation staff allowing them to respond to reports rather than having to lock necro'd threads, handle disputes, etc.

Offline Furrnox

• Lieutenant General
  • Eternally incorrect, centre-left, asshole.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2014, 11:36:42 am »
Would also be cool with a dedicated sub board for competitive events on the event board! Since the event board feels very cluttered at the moment!

Offline Gokiller

• Almost Pride of Ni
  • Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2014, 11:40:08 am »
Would also be cool with a dedicated sub board for competitive events on the event board! Since the event board feels very cluttered at the moment!
Something like this could actually be worth a try. Something around the lines of a board where regiments can make a thread like for example "xx looking for a competive Linebattle, with xx numbers and xx rules" where other regiments can on reply and where regiments all across the community can respond to. (if this is what you meant atleast)

Should be looked into.

Offline Joseph Graham

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2014, 11:43:25 am »
Or something to the effect of James Grant's Peninsular Campaign that never got off the ground. NWL is all well and good, however it would be nice to see something broader kick off.

Offline Furrnox

• Lieutenant General
  • Eternally incorrect, centre-left, asshole.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2014, 11:46:17 am »
Something like this could actually be worth a try. Something around the lines of a board where regiments can make a thread like for example "xx looking for a competive Linebattle, with xx numbers and xx rules" where other regiments can on reply and where regiments all across the community can respond to. (if this is what you meant atleast)

Should be looked into.
^That and all these leagues & tournaments could be moved there to.

Offline Onii

• Donator
  • Your friendly neighbourhood Dane
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2014, 12:09:32 pm »
Still wishing for the seperation of non-official server threads and server rental threads.

Offline Gokiller

• Almost Pride of Ni
  • Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2014, 03:49:18 pm »
Now considering this has been more then a month ago, and the only response from FSE was made by a developer. Can we actually have a serious response from a forum moderator?

Offline Joseph Graham

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2014, 03:51:54 pm »
Whilst we're on the subject of sub-boards it would be nice to see some more dedicated moderators for the regiment/event sub-boards, people who can be trusted and are able to keep it tidy. Takes a little bit of stress off of the actual moderation staff allowing them to respond to reports rather than having to lock necro'd threads, handle disputes, etc.

Since Gokiller is bumping, will bring up my point again.