Author Topic: Reenactment Discussion  (Read 310754 times)

Offline Mr T

• Major General
  • Je Passe Quand Meme
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Mortier
  • Side: Union
Re: Reenactment Discussion
« Reply #3285 on: February 26, 2014, 11:22:21 pm »
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFVwD2pGnjs[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swYXYp3HRyM[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdOfitngc90[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjxp-uyboas[/youtube]

Offline Vorposten

• Colonel
    • View Profile
    • Youtube-channel
« Reply #3286 on: February 27, 2014, 09:37:09 am »
I wasn't at Montereau, but it seems that they have some nice ideas.

But one looks .... uhm ....
Spoiler

Relation horse - "bridge"
[close]
Gezeichnet,
69thNY_CSgt_Outpost | [DL]III_KBR_Sap_Vorposten | 3tesWaldeck_Fhr_Vorposten

Offline DeoVindice61

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • This blamed fight aint got a rear
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #3287 on: February 27, 2014, 01:46:09 pm »
Jeez. They pulled a GAC Antietam.  Heard a joke why did burnside had trouble reaching that bridge? The Rebs kept carrying the bridge with them hehehe.

Offline munky-wunky

• Captain
  • Oh, I'm a good old rebel, Now thats just what I am
    • View Profile
« Reply #3288 on: February 27, 2014, 05:49:35 pm »
oh yes that bridge. I think it was made of canvas, but we all still had a grand old time. :D

Spoiler
Welcome to FSE hun. Enjoy your stay on s.s. Duuring. Lifeboat is to be found on upper left corner as "log out". We wish you enjoy the journey. Thank you for choosing Dutch Sea For your vacation.
[close]

Offline DeoVindice61

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3289 on: February 27, 2014, 08:13:15 pm »
Looks like an awful weekend to be honest. Crowded and so fakier than Halloween. The drapes came off the wood "bridge" and confederate flag for every company at the sunken road. The Irish brigade were terribly portrayed. Bunch of long haired hippies with dismounted cavalry mixed in the rank. That event gave me eye cancer. God bless Dordak for showing me Maryland my Maryland video afterward.

Offline HWMHall

• Captain
  • Military History Guru
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 87th_Foot_Fus_Hall
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #3290 on: February 27, 2014, 09:31:26 pm »
I went to Misery My Misery... the only good part was the cornfield battle. The Battle on that Saturday was horrible, it rained right before hand fore like 30 min. then we were the last Brigade into the fight and fired 7 shots and were pulled out for no apparent reason as we were not flanked or compromised in any way. The Saturday night battle was canceled due to more rain so me and my unit shivered and froze as we took off our jackets to dry them over the fire. We were to wake up at 3:00am sunday and form for the tactical yet myself and those sleeping around the fire were awakened to one of the cooks telling a private he was on fire. We all looked as he sat up and patted his smoldering sleeve. The fire had gone through his wool blanket his jean wool frock sleeve and stopped just before burning through his shirt. We all looked in amazement as he had a shocked look on his face then he began to laugh and we followed suit. The worst part about burned jean wool is that the smell is terrible, it is a combination of burned Mutton and Tomcat Piss which made us not want to eat breakfast but we knew we  had to. After waiting an Hour and a half for the Yanks to pull their arses out of bed we commenced in the cornfield battle which was exhilarating and terrifying all together. after the cornfield we slept in the field to wait for Up-Comes-Hill. That battle was cut short do to improper troop training i.e. dehydrated people, soldiers who use pyrodex,and soldiers who don't realize they did not fire then load 10 more times with it finally going off. The only real downside to that battle was when my Battalion was fired upon by a cannon from 25yds which is 25yds inside the safety limit. One man received a piece of shrapnel in the ankle(tin foil from the gun.) others had partial hearing loss. All in all it could have been better but it could have been worse also. As for the Other Antietam Event I hope they enjoyed themselves even though it is not an event I would attend ever.

HWMHall
1st Sgt. Hall
33rd Va Inf Co E
7th Battalion ANV

Offline Mr T

• Major General
  • Je Passe Quand Meme
    • View Profile
« Reply #3291 on: February 27, 2014, 09:46:33 pm »
Napoleonic reenactment + Master and Commander music= Deep as fuck video

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEFUKREgSNk[/youtube]

Offline munky-wunky

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3292 on: February 27, 2014, 10:41:26 pm »
Looks like an awful weekend to be honest. Crowded and so fakier than Halloween. The drapes came off the wood "bridge" and confederate flag for every company at the sunken road. The Irish brigade were terribly portrayed. Bunch of long haired hippies with dismounted cavalry mixed in the rank. That event gave me eye cancer. God bless Dordak for showing me Maryland my Maryland video afterward.

deo

goes to mainstream events "says" he is "hardcore" I bet your guilty pleasure is mainstream events. :P

Spoiler
Welcome to FSE hun. Enjoy your stay on s.s. Duuring. Lifeboat is to be found on upper left corner as "log out". We wish you enjoy the journey. Thank you for choosing Dutch Sea For your vacation.
[close]

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #3293 on: February 28, 2014, 12:22:44 am »
I hate artillerymen who use tin foil. It looks horrible, it's dangerous, and it's not in any way safer then brown paper.

Nice video, thooouuuugh I wish the cameraman would have chosen some better camera angles. You know, without all the visitors and modern stuff  :P
You know what we need? A Napoleonic-era 'Gettysburg'. We can do it about Leipzig maybe? Waterloo is pretty overdone, even I acknowledge that. Of course, I'm always a great fan of the Liberation war  ;)

Offline DeoVindice61

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3294 on: February 28, 2014, 12:33:41 am »

deo

goes to mainstream events "says" he is "hardcore" I bet your guilty pleasure is mainstream events. :P

Not at all. Our events are fiction based battle. We don't reenact a historical battle. It's not my guilty pleasure at all. I am sick and tired of doing mainstream events. Which is why I'm joining progressive units to attend progressive events or at least bring progressive experience to a mainstream event. My event with my mainstream unit is currently mostly limited to living history event and some battle. I will be going to battles with progressive guys mostly from now on.

Sick of marching peacefully when we really should double quick it. Sick of skirmishing on museum ground.

Munk you're just pushed that I'm crapping on mainstream event. No need to push me. Being progressive is a choice not a requirement. I chose to be authentic while you chose to be mainstream. I'll respect that.

Offline munky-wunky

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3295 on: February 28, 2014, 01:38:43 am »
alright so I sounded  a little hard there.  sorry about that cook.

Yes  i would love to do a progressive event in the near future same as all of you.  I just don't like when people say that event is bad just based on the word that it was mainstream and therefore should be oMG MAINSTREAM SUCH FARB.
Spoiler
[close]

Offline DeoVindice61

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3296 on: February 28, 2014, 03:06:10 am »
Unfortunately it is a mainstream event that went bad. GAC all over put up a messy clusterfuck while BGA or Chris Anders put up a period clusterfuck. But yeah mainstream lately get the shit from progressive guys. I'm trying to respect them as much I can but when your going progressive, you sort of note how easily a guy from mainstream go to progressive but you see that every month for one year. It's enough to make you sick that one one bothers to at least try it.

Being farb on other hand get one way ticket to "get the fuck out"-ville. Not only farbs ruin the stuff, they make it worst for themselves. Spending entire day on Friday to unpack then missing out Sunday battle to repack while I simply walk in my camp with a knapsack.

Offline Millander

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3297 on: February 28, 2014, 05:48:55 am »
I have no problem with mainstreamers. Hell my main gig is a mainstream unit. I just love the dudes in it and thats what I care about more.
Of course, I also think lines should be able to move in double rank without having emotional breakdowns.

Offline Mr T

• Major General
  • Je Passe Quand Meme
    • View Profile
« Reply #3298 on: February 28, 2014, 08:48:26 am »
VIVE L'EMPEREUR!!!!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCBzE_SPLxM[/youtube]

Offline Landrik

• First Lieutenant
  • Слава Україні!
    • View Profile
    • Infanterie-Regiment 208 (Reenacted)
  • Nick: Landrik
« Reply #3299 on: February 28, 2014, 01:06:42 pm »
Recent event in Lugoff, SC.

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
[close]
Humans are extremely complicated creatures. Death uncomplicates them to a frightening degree...