Author Topic: 4th Cavalry Groupfighting Tournament [CavGF 1 year Birthday!]  (Read 14709 times)

Offline Lubukill

• Second Lieutenant
  • Former player.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 8e_Huss_Lt_Lubukill
  • Side: Neutral
Re: 4th Cavalry Groupfighting Tournament [CavGF 1 year Birthday!]
« Reply #90 on: December 19, 2013, 09:52:47 pm »
GG everyone, great tournament indeed :)
I hope you have fun, I know I did.

Offline Patrykus

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 14pk_Darth_Patrykus
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #91 on: December 20, 2013, 12:30:15 am »
GG, congratz 13ph, 11e and 8e but the rules should be better next time :(

Offline Erik le Rouge

• Lieutenant General
  • Depardieu best dieu
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4e_Huss_Cpt_Erik
« Reply #92 on: December 20, 2013, 12:56:22 am »
Agreed with Patrykus, get rid of that timer rule, and change it to first to 3 instead of best of 3 next time, it would be way better :)

GG to everyone
Quote from: Treiz35
fuck erik
Quote from: Dokletian
fuck erik
Quote from: Sinjide
yeah fuck erik
Quote from: Aless
fuck erik
Quote from: Michnicki 1
fuck Erik
Quote from: Charles la Valette
i love erik
Quote from: TxM
fuck erik
Quote from: FreyrDS
fuck Erik
Quote from: Termito
fuck erik.
Quote from: Ciiges
fuck erik
Quote from: Remao
fuck Erik

Offline Matthew

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • ლ(◕◡◕ლ) oly gaym y u heff 2 b med
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Matthew ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
« Reply #93 on: December 20, 2013, 02:06:14 am »
The trouble with that is that it would take too long, ideally we need a smaller map and short fast paced rounds instead of long drawn out fights. Ideally I would want to see people put under a lot of pressure making it harder to run away and make sure the battle is decided by who can make quick and tactical decisions rather than minutes of people testing distances and making tentitive slashes.
"A Boss in Heaven is the best excuse for a boss on earth, therefore If God did exist, he would have to be abolished." - Mikhail Bakunin
"Dispassionate, fair, equal"
Oh you wanted a serious response, why didn't you just say so.
b2e98ad6f6eb8508dd6a14cfa704bad7f05f6fb

Offline Lubukill

• Second Lieutenant
  • Former player.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 8e_Huss_Lt_Lubukill
« Reply #94 on: December 20, 2013, 02:34:29 pm »
minutes of people testing distances and making tentitive slashes.

You mean cavalry there ?  ::)
'Cause actually, this is how like 90% of the cavalry community plays, considering good and medium players (bad guys just rush into you and get slashed, so we don't consider them  8) ) I don't completely agree anyway, it's true that a cavalry fight on a large arena is very long and also much boring if both players are playing defensively, and I'm also for smaller arenas, however, a "quick fight with tactical decisions" can also be done on larger arenas, never forget you're 5 in a team, so you can easily focus three guys on one in order to corner him, and then trap his allies when they want to help him. There are still many different tactics even for defensive players, and someting agressive plays can win the game (C.F the 3rd cavalry groupfighting tournament, when 1ps played offensive and rekt us in final). If a round lasts too long, there are two solutions :
1 : At least one of the remaining players (in the case of a 1 vs 1) is fearing and not willing to fight.
2 : Both players don't know that an agressive attempt is often succesful on a long fight :)
I hope you have fun, I know I did.

Offline PrideofNi

• Major General
  • This is just a game, respect other people!
    • View Profile
    • K-KA HQ
  • Nick: PrideofNi
« Reply #95 on: December 20, 2013, 03:30:42 pm »
Well I hope there were no issues, apologies for my absences. Seems another regiment claims this editions title, congratz! Its good to see the cavalry community is alot more even than the infantry one!

As I stated at the beginning of this tournament I wanted to experiment with different rules to eliminate the issues of the previous tournament (admining for 3+ hours was not fun or enjoyable, nor was waiting I am sure). Personally I don't see an issue with a time limit, there needs to be an incentive to fight so that the tournament can come to its conclusion in a reasonable time, smaller map wouldn't do that imo. Cav on Cav, you need your space to fight, otherwise it will just be a gangbang (you all remember the time I added that regular GF map to the server? There was no skilled need).

However I am and always will be open to suggestions, as I was for this tournament only very few of you let me know..I think only griff made the effort to message me with his opinions.

I hope you all enjoyed the tournament, a good way to finish the year! We'll host another one in January hopefully.

Have a good christmas, the drinks are on 8e!