Author Topic: [IXe] 15ᵉ Régiment de Voltigeurs de la Garde Impériale (Under New Leadership) NA  (Read 260969 times)

Offline munky-wunky

• Captain
  • Oh, I'm a good old rebel, Now thats just what I am
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: 15e Régiment de Voltigeurs de la Garde Impériale (IX Corps d'Armee)
« Reply #915 on: January 19, 2014, 08:15:12 pm »
-_-

wat
Spoiler
Welcome to FSE hun. Enjoy your stay on s.s. Duuring. Lifeboat is to be found on upper left corner as "log out". We wish you enjoy the journey. Thank you for choosing Dutch Sea For your vacation.
[close]

Offline Pickett Pie

• Donator
  • There's more than League?
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [IV]1LH_Husar_Pickett_Pie
  • Side: Union
« Reply #916 on: January 19, 2014, 09:05:51 pm »
douevnlift?

Stubbs

Offline Millander

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: January 20, 2014, 06:16:46 am »
Yeah, my nipples were pretty rigid with excitement the whole night. oh and 33e Zach shot me with his pistol. I will remember that for next week ;)

Was pretty edgy
Of course, I also think lines should be able to move in double rank without having emotional breakdowns.

Offline Reaper

• Captain
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1st[SA]Fws_Reaper
« Reply #919 on: January 20, 2014, 07:18:45 am »
Yeah, my nipples were pretty rigid with excitement the whole night. oh and 33e Zach shot me with his pistol. I will remember that for next week ;)
Happens all the time.

Offline munky-wunky

• Captain
  • Oh, I'm a good old rebel, Now thats just what I am
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: January 20, 2014, 07:45:08 am »
2edgy4me
Spoiler
Welcome to FSE hun. Enjoy your stay on s.s. Duuring. Lifeboat is to be found on upper left corner as "log out". We wish you enjoy the journey. Thank you for choosing Dutch Sea For your vacation.
[close]

Offline Millander

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: January 20, 2014, 08:12:18 am »
Was working on photoshop and new thread designs. This could be a possibility for bcof but idk. Having a 1:1 size battery (4 cannon) would be pretty baller though. Its not completed

Spoiler

"The Washington Artillery’s reputation of valor, honor, and deadly accuracy during the War
 Between the States soon spread through the North and South. It was not a disgrace to fall to the mercy of their deadly fire.
 Its name was written in numerous newspapers and given laurels in many battle reports.

1st Company
The Washington Artillery Recreated

The 1st Company, Washington Artillery is a group of like minded mature players who strive to accurately portray the Confederate Artillery Battery in it’s structure and organization during the War between the states. We use period correct drill and maneuvers during events as to the limit they can be effectively implemented. The Washington Artillery primarily operates as Artillery during events we work to support friendly lines and smash opposing units. Through these efforts it is possible to control the flow of an event and allow our teammates to move on our exploits. We work in conjunction with line regiment to exploit advantages and launch combined arms attacks.

Being part of our battery means you are apart of a team. Wether your position is the artillery train, loader, guard ,gunner or reservist  you are a member of a team and all members are expected to work diligently and with discipline and perfection in there roll. The battery revolves around the cannon. Playing with us is not to seek individual glory but is to lend your might to the unit as a whole.

We strive to be a disciplined battery as well as the most authentic and organized . This of course will not get in the way of having fun but we will need to maintain a moderate silence among rankers during battles. A higher degree of discipline will lead to a more enjoyable training's which will lead to an increase in skill and performance in the field.

The Washington Artillery are proud members of the IX Brigade. The IX is a collection of like minded mature and professional Confederate regiment. Using the whisper feature in Teamspeak regimental officers from all the brigade's regiments work and startagize together in real time during events so that the regiments can operate in cohesion with other brigade regiment and engage in combined arms attacks. Beyond linebattles the Brigade is a relaxed mature gaming community that the troop participates in.

Beyond being a disciplined and authentic group we are also a laid back gaming community. Often you will find many of our members in our teamspeak channels hanging out and playing other games and  mods besides Battle Cry of Freedom. We often play as a group whether it be Shooters, strategy games etc all members are welcome to play. Total War is always a favorite.

However to make the Clinch Rifles operate and have the the atmosphere along with having limited space that goes along with being Light Infantry and artillery we seek only the highest quality mature members. Trolling in any form is not tolerated. We only accept members who are mature and chill who are 17 and older. We value maturity and being a good guy to hang out with over skill. This is not a company that tolerates immature squeakers

If you are interested read further into the thread and check us out at www.IXebrigade.com

Organization of the company

Captain : Millander

Lieutenant: Mercer
Lieutenant: Landrick

Sergeant-Major: Redemption

Corporal:
Corporal:
Corporal:
Corporal :

Private:
Private:
Private:
Private:
Private: 
Private:
Private:
Private:
Private:
Private:
Private:
Private:
Private:
Private:
Private:
Private :
Private:
Private:
Private:

Cadet :
Cadet :
Cadet :
Cadet :

Reservist :
Reservist :

Captain
  • Is the company commander. Responsible for recruiting and organizing for the troop.
  • Is the main commander ingame.
         Lieutenant
  • the second hisghest ranking officers in the troop. Their main responsibility is to assist the Captain in running the troop
  • Act as the second in command ingame and will lead in the commanders absence or wishes.
         Sergeant
  • The most senior NCO. This mans job is to assist the officers ingame and administratively as an aide-de-camp
  • Is expected to be fit to lead in crisis. Acts as a file closer and helps keep rankers in line. Will also act as a bugler when needed.
          Corporal
  • The most junior NCO rank. These men's roles are to act as reserve NCO's. They are expected to show the same skill in their craft than any other rank.
  • Act as a file closer and assist the officers in their duties.
         Private
  • The most common rank in the Company these members make up a majority of the unit.
  • They are expected to show discipline and professionalism in both their manner and their actions in and out of game.
         Cadet
  • The rank recieved upon enlisting in the company.
  • Upon being approved a cadet will his rank until promoted. The cadet phase will vary in times.

Weekly Event Schedule : (Will be completed when practical) 

The History of the Washington Artillery

"The men of the Washington Artillery often witnessed scenes too gruesome to recount

The Confederacies Proudest Artillery Battalion

The Washington Artillery was formed on September 20th, 1837. In the years leading up the War if the Rebellion the Washington Artillery of New Orleans consisted of the finest men of morale, financial and social worth in the city.  The 1st Company of the Washington Artillery who at this time was called the “Native American Artillery” embarked on its first campaign in 1836 being sent to the Republic of Texas to assist the regular army in its annexation. The following year the war with Mexico was inaugurated. The Washington Artillery was the first unit to respond to the state of Louisiana's appeal for volunteers and was ready to depart three days after the proclamation. The Battery served alongside other volunteer on the Rio Grande line for the duration of the war and was mustered out.

The Artillery and the Nation would have peace in the following years leading up to the Civil War with the unit drawing many of its members from the Social elite of New Orleans. This peace however would not last and when the state of Louisiana seceded from the Union the Washington Artillery was called up and mustered into Confederate Service. Like the rest of the country the Washington artillery had no idea of the unspeakable horrors they would soon face.

The Washington Artillery’s reputation of valor, honor, and deadly accuracy during the War Between the States soon spread through the North and South. It was not a disgrace to fall to the mercy of their deadly fire. Its name was written in numerous newspapers and given laurels in many battle reports. A good example of this fame was documented following the battle of Drewry’s Bluff when a Yankee prisoner, Captain Belger, asked as he passed the artillery unit, “What battery was that, that I was fighting?” One of its members responded, “First Company, Washington Artillery.” The Captain’s expression then changed, and he replied, “Damn that Washington Artillery! I have been looking for it for three years and have found it at last.”

The men of the Washington Artillery often witnessed scenes too gruesome to recount. However, many tried; probably to show the horrors of war, probably to document the tribulations of their fellow comrades. Either way, these accounts, though graphic, served their purpose well. They often had a common theme. When called upon to give that dreaded last full measure, a soldier’s final thoughts were often of religion, loved ones or dedication to duty- sometimes giving oral last wills and testaments. No wonder why the men often found themselves in song; if they hadn’t, they might have all gone insane.

Despite the hardships of soldiering the Washington Artillery maintained a dash Nobillity and New Orleans culture throughout  the war. They participated in every major engagement fought by the Army of Northern Virginia. Wether it be the fields of Gettysburg or the heights of Fredricksburg the artillerists of the Washington artillery showed skill and devotion both their craft and their cause. 

Enlistment in the Washington Artillery

Interested in playing with us? The Washington Artillery are always happy to have fresh blood. As stated above because of the nature of Artillery in linebattles we have strict entry requirement into the unit. To gain membership you must be at least 17 years of age and not have an annoying voice. You must be a mature and chill player as well. Skill is not an initial requirement however we expect member upon enlisting in the W.A. to try their utmost to better their skills at the fastest rate. These requirements must still be met when serving in the W.A. . If a member even after their initial enlistment is considered no a fit for the unit the troop has the right to remove said member. Read further about our troop's bylaws on our website's application.

Upon applying the staff will read over the application. If we feel not enough effort or information was put into it than it will be overlooked so be sure to write well. Upon deciding that we would like to go further you will be summoned via teamspeak by the troop staff. You will be interviewed about your past and what you can bring to the C.R. . The troop holds the right to deny any application for any reason it deems fit. If accepted you will be given the rank of trooper and the staff will monitor how you act and progress in the troop. After applying the troop still holds the right to remove any members for any reason seen fit.

If you think you meet our requirements go to our website at www.IXecorps.com and submit an application that can be found on the application tab. If you have any questions or concerns please add myself on steam at [Washington Artillery] Millander and I would be happy to help.
[close]
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 08:14:27 am by Millander »
Of course, I also think lines should be able to move in double rank without having emotional breakdowns.

Offline Who-

• Colonel
  • You been lookin' for the wrong one
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: January 20, 2014, 08:14:11 am »
Nice thread dude.
I'm like a reincarnated Saltyy But I actually have some talent.

Offline Pickett Pie

• Donator
  • There's more than League?
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [IV]1LH_Husar_Pickett_Pie

Offline Coconut

• Colonel
  • "Just do a headbob" - DarthJezus 2012
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Coconut
« Reply #924 on: January 20, 2014, 05:09:55 pm »
Are you thinking of changing clinch to arty or having both?

Offline McEwan

• Brigadier General
  • "McEwok" "McScrubwin" "ManJewban" "McWeewan"
    • View Profile
    • Marins de la Garde Impériale on Enjin!
  • Nick: IXe[Marins]_McEwan
« Reply #925 on: January 20, 2014, 06:03:57 pm »
Be sure to use horse artillery if the game supports it, Milly. We wouldn't want you to fall behind. ;)

Kielbasa!

Offline Millander

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: January 21, 2014, 01:03:28 am »
102.5 Fever on MLK Day. Thanks Obama...

Are you thinking of changing clinch to arty or having both?

One or the other. The game is coming out in a while but just mainly curiosity

Be sure to use horse artillery if the game supports it, Milly. We wouldn't want you to fall behind. ;)

I will be the Flying Artillery
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 01:08:58 am by Millander »

Offline Coconut

• Colonel
  • "Just do a headbob" - DarthJezus 2012
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Coconut
« Reply #927 on: January 21, 2014, 03:41:08 am »
20ish men fielding 4 cannons sounds really appealing.^_^

Offline Millander

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: January 21, 2014, 03:45:31 am »
Sending some serious fire down range.

Offline Noodlenrice

• Major
  • King of Nam'
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st_Pte_Noodlenrice
« Reply #929 on: January 21, 2014, 05:23:48 am »

I hope that they increase artillery horse speed or enable you to change the umber of bores carrying the cannon respective to the caliber of the cannon.