Author Topic: [IXe] 15ᵉ Régiment de Voltigeurs de la Garde Impériale (Under New Leadership) NA  (Read 259950 times)

Offline Millander

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Re: 15e Régiment de Voltigeurs de la Garde Impériale (IX Corps d'Armee)
« Reply #420 on: December 20, 2013, 07:53:04 pm »
Friday LB tonight as Tirailleurs!
Of course, I also think lines should be able to move in double rank without having emotional breakdowns.

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel where I upload NW and M&B
  • Nick: CluelessWill
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #421 on: December 20, 2013, 08:09:47 pm »

Tirailleurs don't exsist in this game, perhaps you mean Voltigeurs
Check out my YT channel where I post NW www.youtube. com/c/CluelessWill
Spoiler
god damn, Anthony is smart, he was able to get the shit AEF to tie with the best reg in the game. The tactical geniusness needed to pull off such a feat is insane. He's the Erwin Rommel of NW.
i always get an erection when i check my subscrptions and see that phresh cluelesswill vid
It won't be FSE developing it, so it will come out!
[close]

Offline Millander

• Donator
    • View Profile
Of course, I also think lines should be able to move in double rank without having emotional breakdowns.

Offline Walko

• Brigadier General
  • Tired art student.
    • View Profile
    • 4. Silesian Landwehr
« Reply #423 on: December 20, 2013, 08:13:09 pm »

Tirailleurs don't exsist in this game, perhaps you mean Voltigeurs

It means skirmisher yo.
Pointy stick champion

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel where I upload NW and M&B
  • Nick: CluelessWill
« Reply #424 on: December 20, 2013, 08:13:52 pm »
I forgot that people think they're all that for translating. Just meant that there are no in-game units known as "Tirailleurs".
« Last Edit: December 20, 2013, 08:17:14 pm by William »
Check out my YT channel where I post NW www.youtube. com/c/CluelessWill
Spoiler
god damn, Anthony is smart, he was able to get the shit AEF to tie with the best reg in the game. The tactical geniusness needed to pull off such a feat is insane. He's the Erwin Rommel of NW.
i always get an erection when i check my subscrptions and see that phresh cluelesswill vid
It won't be FSE developing it, so it will come out!
[close]

Offline Gizmo

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gizmo
« Reply #425 on: December 20, 2013, 08:16:21 pm »
A more correct translation would be escarmoucheur.

A skirmish is an escarmouche, so it would be better to say escarmoucheur for a skirmisher.

I apologise for being an annoying Frenchman, but Google Translate is definitely not a good translator. ;D

Offline KillerMongoose

• Major
  • "And I believe I have cut your throat"- Fiore
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Wryngwyrm
« Reply #426 on: December 20, 2013, 08:25:10 pm »
Skirmishers in the Napoleonic army were referred to as tirailleurs, at least in the garde they were. For some reason calling skirmisher troops "hunters" persisted throughout Europe,  whether it was the German states with their jaegers, or the French with their chasseurs, or the Spanish cazador. Voltigeur essentially meant "vaulter" because they were originally meant to ride into battle on the horses of friendly cav and jump off to quickly deploy anywhere but that proved impractical on any large scale and so they were used as highly skilled marksmen and skirmishers.

As far as the Napoleonic wars are concerned, a tirailleur is a skirmisher with a more literal name. The only units I've ever seen with tirailleur in the name though are the young guard skirmishers.

Offline Gizmo

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: December 20, 2013, 08:31:52 pm »
Skirmishers in the Napoleonic army were referred to as tirailleurs, at least in the garde they were. For some reason calling skirmisher troops "hunters" persisted throughout Europe,  whether it was the German states with their jaegers, or the French with their chasseurs, or the Spanish cazador. Voltigeur essentially meant "vaulter" because they were originally meant to ride into battle on the horses of friendly cav and jump off to quickly deploy anywhere but that proved impractical on any large scale and so they were used as highly skilled marksmen and skirmishers.

As far as the Napoleonic wars are concerned, a tirailleur is a skirmisher with a more literal name. The only units I've ever seen with tirailleur in the name though are the young guard skirmishers.

Well that I didn't know, thanks for telling :P

I knew the stuff about the jägers all over Europe but I didn't know that every skirmisher, in the Napoleonic Wars, was referred as a tirailleur. But it's strange because there were a lot of skirmisher and light infantry units, voltigeurs, chasseurs, carabiniers, tirailleurs, flanqueurs etc... so I don't understand why they were all referred as "tirailleurs". But yeah I should probably do more research about this stuff ;)

Offline Millander

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: December 20, 2013, 08:39:03 pm »
On a different note I have completed a slightly revised Manuel for the regiment. I will clean up some wording in the future. Our original manuel was written before our first event and we have sence changed some things such
as the execution of "By company into line" and "Company by the Left/Right Flank take intervals march".

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1z3XBtYFJexCCOHzLF39l2RNQzvmE0gT80NkNnjZXifc/edit

It is now Public for any to view.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2013, 08:44:07 pm by Millander »

Offline KillerMongoose

• Major
  • "And I believe I have cut your throat"- Fiore
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Wryngwyrm
« Reply #429 on: December 20, 2013, 08:46:36 pm »
I don't think I explained properly, what I meant was, in the French army, tirailleur meant skirmisher, its hard to explain but even though escarmouche is the direct translation of skirmisher, tirailleur was the military designation for it.

Offline Gizmo

• Major
    • View Profile
Re: 15e Régiment de Voltigeurs dmeante la Garde Impériale (IX Corps d'Armee)
« Reply #430 on: December 20, 2013, 08:52:05 pm »
I don't think I explained properly, what I meant was, in the French army, tirailleur meant skirmisher, its hard to explain but even though escarmouche is the direct translation of skirmisher, tirailleur was the military designation for it.

Well I think they were called tirailleur because it was the name of the formation. When the skirmishers were spread out, it was called the tirailleur formation if I recall correctly, so that may explain it ;D

On a different note I have completed a slightly revised Manuel for the regiment. I will clean up some wording in the future. Our original manuel was written before our first event and we have sence changed some things such
as the execution of "By company into line" and "Company by the Left/Right Flank take intervals march".

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1z3XBtYFJexCCOHzLF39l2RNQzvmE0gT80NkNnjZXifc/edit

It is now Public for any to view.

Very nicely made 8)

Offline Millander

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: December 20, 2013, 09:35:20 pm »
Thanks bro.

Offline Dlineman

• Private
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1st[SA]Pnr_Zachie
« Reply #432 on: December 20, 2013, 09:51:42 pm »
This is totally not a bump or anything  Nothing to see here, move along

Offline McBrownScout

• Volunteer
  • 15e Fusilier
    • View Profile
  • Nick: IXe[15e]Fus_McBrownScout
« Reply #433 on: December 20, 2013, 11:53:27 pm »
Join now and get the Rome 2 Blood Pack dlc!*

*available while Millander feels generous

Offline Millander

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: December 21, 2013, 12:34:58 am »
Confirmed I will be gifting the entire regiment the Rome II Blood Pack DLC