Author Topic: Resolved, see first post.  (Read 6585 times)

Offline LameHorse

• First Lieutenant
  • Steam: Lame_Horse, Nr24_Gren_LameHorse
    • View Profile
  • Nick: LameHorse
  • Side: Neutral
Resolved, see first post.
« on: November 20, 2013, 12:13:21 am »

Resolved.

We have finally gotten to speak to Verdieb and came to a conclusion. Sorry for all the confusion this has caused people! I apologise for any hostilities that may have arose towards the 14e. This thread should not be of concern anymore, thus locked. 

Spoiler
I want to start addressing the issue with the multiple Groupfighting servers that are currently in the server listing. Yesterday a server went up in secret named 'Groupfighting_Server' in secret I mean that there was no indication that it would appear and no thread was made, this server is run by the 14e and you can see their thread here (https://www.fsegames.eu/forum/index.php?topic=10747.0). When you think of Groupfighting_Server you think of the server ran by Tavington of the 91st this being a continuation of the name from Hekko and Vampire.

When the 14e's Groupfighting Server went up under the name Groupfighting_Server, Tavingtons Groupfighting server was still up and his thread on FSE and over on the Taleworlds website was/is still open. This brings a lot of controversy on the 14e's part due to grasping at the name and piggy backing on its success to rake in more traffic.

I and Lewis owners of the Melee_Groupfighting server had been wanting to change our name to the Groupfighting_Server for a while now but we had been waiting for the right time and that was when we could gather the consent of Tavington to use the name which we have now through Hekko and Tavington directly, so we changed the name of the server when we were told that we could take over the name and we changed the name of the thread, see here: (https://www.fsegames.eu/forum/index.php?topic=9046.0) pay attention to the edit date « Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 09:05:34 pm by LameHorse » this is when we changed the name of the thread. Now this is the 14e's thread (https://www.fsegames.eu/forum/index.php?topic=10747.0) originally just called Groupfighting_Server like it is on the listing, note the date of its creation: « on: November 18, 2013, 09:28:45 pm », roughly 20 minutes after.

If this was a regiment and the 14e would of taken the name without a thread and without consent of the previous owner then it would be an illegitimate regiment. If another 33rd_Siege_Server or NW_Official_EU_1 appeared would it not be met with claims of plagiarism? Mimics of the official servers have been removed in the past which shows that the admins are willing to deal with such an issue. This is blatant piggy backing off of the 2 years of work that Hekko, Vampire and Tavington have put into the server. This may not be an issue that concerns me you ask? It is stealing traffic from the actual Groupfighting_Server which is clearly unfair.

Sorry for the wall of text just wanted to clear things up as the 14e have clearly shown that they will not change the name like they should do. This subject is a close one to mine and many others as the Groupfighting_Server has been a landmark server in mine and many others experience within the game arguably one of the most influential server and I think it deserves more than to be swiped up behind everyone's backs.
[close]
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 07:27:34 pm by LameHorse »

nr24 is literally the best umad

Offline Heretic

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Dynamic
    • View Profile
Re: The Groupfighting Server and the 14e's Actions
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2013, 12:22:25 am »
No words... Just... No words...

Offline Malakith

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2013, 12:24:55 am »
Before anyone dives on the bandwagon either way.

"Admins having dealt with it" does NOT include - Forum Moderators, The EU1 / NA1 Admin team - So any opinions, criticism or comments of the sort directed at them are entirely misguided and will be dealt with as such should they have the potential to mislead or inflame.

Whether FSE themselves (Vincenzo etc) have the capability I personally have no idea, just because somebody says it has happened before does not necessarily mean it is actually how the issue was dealt with.

Offline Shortshorts

• Major General
  • I love memes
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 60th_Lt_Shortshorts
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2013, 12:28:15 am »
Didn't expect the 14e to be so obstinate, hope the situation clears up in a timely fashion.

Offline Rackio

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Rackio
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2013, 12:28:26 am »
after a convo with someone including glue + the Irishman and my apathy for nw politics this was the result he was happy with...

snip - No evidence of permission for a private conversation

« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 08:16:59 am by Malakith »
I'll always be sympathetic to your plight, Rackio. Probably not enough to act, but enough to care.

Offline Eddie

• Sergeant Major
  • Regiment Name: 5th "Northumberland" Regiment of Fo
    • View Profile
    • Regiment Name: 5th "Northumberland" Regiment of Foot Class: Line Expected Attendance: 25+ Leader's Steam name: you have me Do you agree to the rules?: Yep
  • Nick: Regiment Name: 5th "Northumberland"
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2013, 01:07:43 am »
 I support Lamehorse, he inherited the rights to host the server from Hekko. 14e should just rename their server 14e_Groupfighting, it's a bit dishonest if they don't.

Offline Carolus.

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Norge är ändå helt okej
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2013, 01:27:26 am »
aaw LameHorse <3

Offline Styrepils

• Captain
  • Savior of virgins in distress!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 52nd_Lt_Heimdall
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2013, 07:04:12 am »
I support Lamehorse, he inherited the rights to host the server from Hekko. 14e should just rename their server 14e_Groupfighting, it's a bit dishonest if they don't.

+1
                                          Courtesy of Alfred and MithrellaS!

Offline Millander

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2013, 07:26:58 am »
EU Drama. Taking over the community section seance late 2012!
Of course, I also think lines should be able to move in double rank without having emotional breakdowns.

Offline Icarus

• Major
  • Groupfighting Admin, Tyrant of the old 1stKGL
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Ex 91st_LCpl_Matthew_Young
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2013, 08:13:55 am »
Lamehorse 2k13! I support him, Melee_Groupfighting will be the successor and he will earn the name "Groupfighting_Server"
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 12:14:45 pm by 1337 Matty »

Offline Malakith

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2013, 08:17:28 am »
Mindless spam will also not be tolerated...

Offline tacticalretreat

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2013, 08:19:56 am »

Hopefully this all clears up, Lamehorse is a great guy and has been working hard to keep the server going, he does deserve the official name. Looks like Lamehorse bagged the name first ;)

In the mean time...

Spoiler
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRGd0gD0QNE[/youtube]
[close]
Can we stop the pointless arguing

Offline CharlesVasser

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2013, 08:22:09 am »

+1

Offline alpkerem

• Second Lieutenant
  • Nr.24 moar liek Nr 1
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Sheikh alpkerem
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2013, 08:30:57 am »
wanna contribute to dis fun/shit-storm;

fucking tons of 'em
[close]
u herd it here thirst, alp likes 2 breaking the rules

Offline Richard_Miller

• First Lieutenant
  • Traitor troooollll #BStrongCoony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2013, 08:46:58 am »

How can you inherit the right to a server name, when a Regiment disbands the name doesn't go to whoever the leader of the old regiment wants