Author Topic: Forlorn Hope [FH] TDM Server - Ridiculous Rule  (Read 1274 times)

Offline Duke_of_York

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
Forlorn Hope [FH] TDM Server - Ridiculous Rule
« on: March 03, 2014, 07:52:33 am »
I recently was playing some TDM on the FH (Forlorn Hope) server when I came to find that the officer class had been disabled.  When I asked as to why this had been done, the admin said it was to prevent "sword spam".  I have been playing NW since Mount & Musket and not once have I heard the phrase "sword spam".  Now I was not the only one in the server wanting the officer class enabled, there was at least 4 others and at least 1 member of the actual Forlorn Hope saying how stupid the rule was.  When 1 person called the admin "noobish" and also telling him that "you can't handle swords, which is why you disable officers" he was temporarily banned from the server.  I would also like to point out that there was nearly more cavalry with swords than actual infantry, so I don't see where the FH is coming from with the sword spam idea.  All I take from this is that they don't know how to fight infantry troops with swords, and they would rather kill the horse of a cavalry man then stab him in the back while he is on the ground for a quick kill rather than having to fight 1 on 1 with an officer.  What are everyone's thoughts on this?  Personally I think it is a ridiculous rule that needs to removed.  I dont mean to sound like I am crying over nothing, but its the fact that officers are part of the game, disabling them just takes the fun out of it.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 08:09:48 am by Duke_of_York »

Offline Loyal

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Henryyyy
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Forlorn Hope [FH] TDM Server - Ridiculous Rule
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2014, 08:29:51 am »
This isn't the place to write stuff either do it on the FH thread or in another part of the forums as this part is for server advertisement and server hosting advertisement

Offline Eatjello

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2014, 07:52:38 am »
This isn't the place to write stuff either do it on the FH thread or in another part of the forums as this part is for server advertisement and server hosting advertisement

Amen Btw  https://www.fsegames.eu/forum/index.php?topic=10305.0

Offline Muddy

• Corporal
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2014, 08:21:59 am »
Here is why officer classes are not allowed on the ~[FH]~ tdm. The officer sword is a naturally spammy weapon. When people use the officer sword they just spam all directions because they attack faster than the musket using troops. Since they do not have a speed nerf like the heavy cav which has a similar sword length they have a cheap advantage. Officer just get right up to a players face to the point their attacks do no damage. Officer class is a no skill troll class plain and simple, and here are the numbers to prove it. There are plenty of other swords to use in the game. Why is it that you want to use the one that is fastest and has the longest reach? You are welcome to add me for a tip or two on how to melee if you need help. Muddy 

Officer swords length from 100 speed rating 95
sapper    sword   72
French    sword   77
Russian   sword   63          Lengths
Jager      sword   60
Austrians sword60
The heavy cav swords have a long reach but are balanced because the heavy cav soldiers moves like a tank. 

Offline Pender

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4thGH_Polk_Pender
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2014, 09:37:25 am »
yea i do believe this topic should be locked...