Author Topic: AEF (American Expeditionary Force) A US Faction Minor Mod for Napoleonic Wars  (Read 30523 times)

Offline EdwardC

• Donator
  • Cyberbullying + Memes = FSE Forums
    • View Profile
    • 9th East Norfolk
  • Side: Union
Well done, not bad at all.

Offline Josef Lenin

• Donator
  • Arch Coke Dating Coach
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Josef Lenin
America

Offline EdwardC

• Donator
  • Cyberbullying + Memes = FSE Forums
    • View Profile
    • 9th East Norfolk
Freedom is the only way now.

Offline Forest

• Second Lieutenant
  • God Bless America
    • View Profile
I love this modification...bump :P

Offline Forest

• Second Lieutenant
  • God Bless America
    • View Profile
Ok why in hell does this replace the British as opposed to the French? Where is the logic in that. The American people were more sympathetic of the French cause and they fought the British in the war of 1812 for gods sake!

Offline Blitz_craig

• First Lieutenant
  • Developer, War of 1812
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
I love this modification...bump :P
Ok why in hell does this replace the British as opposed to the French? Where is the logic in that. The American people were more sympathetic of the French cause and they fought the British in the war of 1812 for gods sake!

If you want something with more historical accuracy, I suggest you try the full conversion War of 1812 mod. https://www.fsegames.eu/forum/index.php?topic=4567.0   It has far more US units and uniforms and you can kill British, Canadians, and their Native allies to your hearts content. I was going to replace another faction instead of the British initially, but the full conversion War of 1812 mod effort came back to life and replacing the UK was an easier faction reskin mini-mod fit in terms of the way it is structured in the Brf resource files.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 09:45:11 am by Blitz_craig »

Offline Forest

• Second Lieutenant
  • God Bless America
    • View Profile
I would play war of 1812 if other ppl played it  :(

Offline usnavy30

• Colonel
  • Former Freelance Modder
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
I would play war of 1812 if other ppl played it  :(
If you want the mod to thrive everyone needs to pitch in to schedule and organize events and have people play. Spread the word, see what people think, get feedback, etc. Us mod developers cannot do it alone. I alone have been busy this week with school as real life gets priority and in the way more often than not.
How To Run A Mod Installer.exe
Hello.. I have a problem... It says I don't have Mount&Blade Warband: Napoleonic War and I have to buy it
Try joining a regular Napoleonic Wars server and then re-running the installer.

Offline Forest

• Second Lieutenant
  • God Bless America
    • View Profile
I made a great effort to do that but the problem was not lack of awareness it was just pure disinterest from the the regiment I went to

Offline TheDoctor

• Sergeant Major
  • UB_1stDE_LtCol_TheDoctor Former Col of 11thMS
    • View Profile
  • Nick: CaptainArtard or AndyTheIrishmen
I cant get it to work for some reason, the textures just show up white.
So what you are saying is, you have a tactile mind of a potato...
--Burnout

Offline Blitz_craig

• First Lieutenant
  • Developer, War of 1812
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile

It sounds like you didn't copy paste the textures or the dds files from the download into the Textures folder of the module. There is also a War of 1812 full conversion mod if you want the completely immersive experience with native american units and battle maps such as Lundy's Lane and Fort Erie. Just click on the War of 1812 signature below and it will take you to the mod's main page.

Offline TheDoctor

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile

It sounds like you didn't copy paste the textures or the dds files from the download into the Textures folder of the module. There is also a War of 1812 full conversion mod if you want the completely immersive experience with native american units and battle maps such as Lundy's Lane and Fort Erie. Just click on the War of 1812 signature below and it will take you to the mod's main page.

I did copy them into it and replace the files. I followed the instructions correctly, however certain hats and uniforms show up as white and all the units when looking at them in the unit selecter look just as they did when they were UK. Now for the war of 1812. I have that mod but I want to use the US in NW and not a bran new mod which I think is dead.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2016, 01:13:01 pm by TheDoctor »
--Burnout

Offline Kovyjack

• Captain
  • I'm gay, no homo though.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nr.21
Just downloaded this mod, pretty awesome.  ;)\

I did, however, change the "U.S." portion of the AI Killfeed names to "American"

Offline TheDoctor

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile

I did copy them into it and replace the files. I followed the instructions correctly, however certain hats and uniforms show up as white and all the units when looking at them in the unit selecter look just as they did when they were UK. Now for the war of 1812. I have that mod but I want to use the US in NW and not a bran new mod which I think is dead.

I found the problem and fixed it. The mod looks great.
--Burnout