Author Topic: What would you have been?  (Read 52531 times)

Offline Bluehawk

• Sergeant Major
  • чекмень - шаровары - шашка
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: What would you have been?
« Reply #60 on: January 31, 2013, 08:58:29 pm »
Assuming I wouldn't die at the age of three from the flu or small pox, I'd probably be an artillerist in the Upper Canada militia, and sink some defensely American boats at Queenston Heights like a coward true Canadian hero, then at the Battle of York I'd probably die when the western battery's powder train exploded, and Americans would feast on my crispy flesh.

Offline kpetschulat

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Petschie
  • Side: Union
« Reply #61 on: January 31, 2013, 10:06:15 pm »
Assuming I wouldn't die at the age of three from the flu or small pox, I'd probably be an artillerist in the Upper Canada militia, and sink some defensely American boats at Queenston Heights like a coward true Canadian hero, then at the Battle of York I'd probably die when the western battery's powder train exploded, and Americans would feast on my crispy flesh.

Sounds like a true story of Canadian Heroism.

Offline Rogov

• Second Lieutenant
  • Moose are cool.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 19te_Hsr_Ofr_Rogov
« Reply #62 on: January 31, 2013, 11:33:42 pm »
Going by my ancestry...

I'd be fighting for the Duchy of Warsaw, the Kingdom Bavaria, or the United Kingdom.

Already explained what exactly I'd be a couple pages back.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 11:35:40 pm by Rogov »

Offline DeoVindice61

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • This blamed fight aint got a rear
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #63 on: February 01, 2013, 12:40:04 am »
I would be a infantry private in a Illinois Regiment during the civil war. May rise to Corporal :P but doubt seeing myself as a higher NCO or Officer. I would be probably  become a infantryman til I die which likely going to happen to me in the war. 

Offline Menelaos

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 01, 2013, 12:53:38 am »
With family hailing from Rutland and Silesia respectively, but no personal affiliation with horses, I would have either been a member of the Rutlanshire regiment of foot, or a part of the Polish Legion. Going by my general mediocrity I would have been a line infantryman.
If it's Silesia, expect to be in the Freikorps and get slaughtered or the regular army where you flash bright yellow colors at the French. Most likely you would have been landwehr, notably that died in the Silesien IV corps at placonoit in a form of slaughter.

Offline Redclaw

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 09, 2013, 01:05:26 pm »
Well since I'm pretty tall and not the weakest I would probably have joined the Grenadiers of the line. Well what do you expect of someone who was born in " Kaiser Friedrichs Preußen " ? :P

Offline Hugh MacKay

• Donator
  • Co-founder of the 92nd Gordon Highlanders
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 92nd_Pte_Hugh_MacKay
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #66 on: February 09, 2013, 04:13:41 pm »
Redclaw :D Hey mate!  ;D
"The most amazing things that can happen to a human being will happen to you if you just lower your expectations."

Offline Magical Trevor 007

• Private
  • when in doubt, panic
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 22, 2013, 12:09:10 pm »
I could see myself as a rifleman, not just because i think they are badass but because i don't think i would be a field-marshall
15thKR Colonel Vicount Sir Lord Chief Justice Magical Trevor Junior

Offline Walko

• Brigadier General
  • Tired art student.
    • View Profile
    • 4. Silesian Landwehr
« Reply #68 on: February 26, 2013, 05:34:46 am »
German peasant descendants, average build, probably would have been some sort of landwehr unit I guess :P. I also have a knack for skirmish tactics, however I think I am much to tall to be a skirmisher. I am ok at leading, but only small units, if that. I believe I would could be some sort of low ranking NCO. But then again I love keeping track of things, LISTS OF THINGS. I love supplies, oh the joy. Maybe a quartermaster?
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 05:38:17 am by Walko »
Pointy stick champion

Offline Jishnu

• Donator
    • View Profile
    • All Praise Lord GabeN!!!
  • Nick: Lord Commander Jish
« Reply #69 on: February 26, 2013, 06:37:33 am »
German peasant descendants, average build, probably would have been some sort of landwehr unit I guess :P. I also have a knack for skirmish tactics, however I think I am much to tall to be a skirmisher. I am ok at leading, but only small units, if that. I believe I would could be some sort of low ranking NCO. But then again I love keeping track of things, LISTS OF THINGS. I love supplies, oh the joy. Maybe a quartermaster?

more like regimental whore

I'm sorry walko, that was mean
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 07:36:52 am by Jishnu »

Offline Rejestone

• Second Lieutenant
  • Für das Vaterland
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Skullzdeath
« Reply #70 on: February 26, 2013, 07:22:47 am »
One of Wellingtons bodyguards!

Offline Archduke Sven

• Brigadier General
  • I have over 1000 warning points, be careful.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: regimentless sven
« Reply #71 on: February 26, 2013, 02:26:33 pm »
If it was personal choice i'd like to be one of those Guard Horse Chasseurs, they have a good sense of fashion. Preferably a trumpeteer so i got a white bearskin.

told that bih don't @ me

Offline Walko

• Brigadier General
  • Tired art student.
    • View Profile
    • 4. Silesian Landwehr
« Reply #72 on: February 26, 2013, 04:00:56 pm »

more like regimental whore

I'm sorry walko, that was mean

Damn it Jish, you weren't supposed to tell anyone I am the barracks bunny :(.
Pointy stick champion

Offline Rowaan

• Second Lieutenant
  • A volcano of unreliable information
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Rowaan
« Reply #73 on: March 11, 2013, 06:45:20 pm »
Being born in Surrey and moving to Lincolnshire at 7 I would probably be in a Lincoln regiment, If the same were to happen 200 years ago. I am of Irish decent (3/4) so that could affect something. I am tall and weedy but pretty smart (how do I say that whilst retaining my modesty?), and if it means anything I have a cousin who is Lieutenant-General in the Canadian army. My family is fairly well-off as we can afford to buy most things without too much financial struggle. If I add all of this stuff up I would be an NCO in some kind of skirmisher battalion or an officer in a line regiment. Perhaps of the 2nd Yorkshire west riding light inf (as Yorkshire borders Lincolnshire) or the 10th (North Lincoln) Regiment of Foot respectively.

Offline joer5835

• Brigadier General
  • My face is tired.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Joer
« Reply #74 on: March 11, 2013, 07:50:05 pm »
I'm not really tall (1.70 meters) and have a shitty physical condition I'd probably be an Adjuntant or anything where I can stay behind an office. Maybe if lucky, an infantry man, but I think the clerk seems the best possibility.
Polan is of dangerous to FSE
Im from Poland , a land of lawlessness