Author Topic: ♞ Napoleonic Wars Cavalry Nations Cup 2017 ♞ [ESP 1st ; GER 2nd, POL 3rd]  (Read 153829 times)

Offline Erik le Rouge

• Lieutenant General
  • Depardieu best dieu
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4e_Huss_Cpt_Erik
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: ♞ Napoleonic Wars Cavalry Nations Cup 2017 ♞
« Reply #840 on: December 08, 2017, 09:57:32 pm »
Match: Poland vs Italy
Date & Hour: Tuesday, 10.12.2017, 21:15 CET
Minimum number of players (8, 10 or 12): 8

This match will take place on CavNationsCup_1, and will be refereed by Wüstenkrieger.
Quote from: Treiz35
fuck erik
Quote from: Dokletian
fuck erik
Quote from: Sinjide
yeah fuck erik
Quote from: Aless
fuck erik
Quote from: Michnicki 1
fuck Erik
Quote from: Charles la Valette
i love erik
Quote from: TxM
fuck erik
Quote from: FreyrDS
fuck Erik
Quote from: Termito
fuck erik.
Quote from: Ciiges
fuck erik
Quote from: Remao
fuck Erik

Offline Dokletian

• Brigadier General
  • unironisch
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4e_Huss_Dokletian
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #841 on: December 08, 2017, 11:02:54 pm »
dab on that CNC

Video of the GER vs UK match should be uploaded tonight :)
Can I just say that I’m really impressed with the cav community, 10x more mature than the inf community and a lot less tolerant of the cancerous players

Offline Rastignac

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: December 08, 2017, 11:04:08 pm »

- Interview -

Traeeseron, Spanish Captain

Q. HOLA

T: HOLA RASTI, AMIGO MIO

Q. Spain’s recent achievements, especially beating the French team, have been huge surprise for most of community. Did your performance exceed your own expectations too?

T: Of course, I expected to have a great team with good players and a better teamplay and I knew that no team would have an easy match against us, but you can never expect to defeat France in a group stage, it was something never done before.

Q. Many players already accuse you of profiting from the lance’s advantages and put in doubt whether you could even come close to your current scores if you’d play any other cavalry class. How would you respond to such accusations?

T: I won't start again the discuss about lancers being a op class or not. I'll just say that I know my guys and how they play, we are better with lancers as we are used to play with them since we started playing warband years ago. Also, we were tired of playing heavy cavalry against hussars, wich is the most used class in CNC and wanted to give them a little surprise. If anyone still consider it as dirty advantage for Spain, well, they had the same chance to pick lancer as their class in this edition.

Q. Some Spanish players were quite displeased with your class choice. How have you dealt with it?

T: I must say that not a single decission was made on my own, the class choice was made by asking every spanish team player and explaining the situation in the first contact meeting we had like 1 month ago. Almost every veteran player agreed on playing as lancers and only 3-4 were really defending to play as heavy/hussars. To solve this we did some tests to show them that we were more prepared to face big teams with lancers and with the exception of two players the whole team accepted this point of view. From there we've been cooperating as a team and showing good performances in every match.

Q. It’s no secret that some key players in Spanish team came from other Warband modules and are not active members of NW cavalry community. Since most of us know nothing about them, would you introduce some of them?

T: The only new player you may be talking about is Charlini, he is a great and veteran infantry player from native module and is performing pretty well to be his first NW cavalry tournament. The other key players like Dume and SirAlecks are well known in the native community aswell but they are veterans of NW and played the previous editions of CNC so they are not new at all in this competition.

Q. Whatever happens at this point, Spain can feel safe about leaving the group stage. Among the teams you might face in semi-finals, who would you be afraid of the most?

T: We are not afraid of facing any team, we are looking forward to play more hard matches, like the one we played against France. Was a very close match, tense untill the last moment.

Q. You have participared, as a captain, in all previous CNCs. Being one of the veterans, share with us your favourite anecdote/memory from the previous editions.

T: If I had to choose only one it would be the "flag thiefs" in CNC 2015. In that year we started playing with new "tactics" and using the flag to mark places to figth around and more stuff. In the beginning it worked well so the enemy teams started sending guys to take our flag and drop it far away from us, forcing me to change the commands and tactics. Was very funny to watch a lot of hussars triying to take our flag in the middle of a round.

Q. What is your favourite song by Enrique Iglesias and why?

T: No doubt, Bailando. Great memories from the summer of the year that song was released.

Q. Any other thoughts on CNC you’d like to share?

T: Not too much, we are happy to be allowed to play this CNC as lancers, and Im glad to play with my lads one last time in this community. Leaving behind all the drama Im having so much fun with this Nations Cup, will be a good last edition!

« Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 11:05:51 pm by Rastignac »

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
  • Fidelitate et Honore | Fake Hype King
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Tardet
« Reply #843 on: December 08, 2017, 11:38:53 pm »
TRAE

AMIGO MIO

nice interview ! :)
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often.

Offline Harford

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • salut
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: December 09, 2017, 12:15:26 am »
rasti's interview r the best
Former 2ndCSG_Pvt | 7th_Trp | 8e_Mchl | 17e_CplFo | 77y_Pfc | 5e_Brg | 91st_Pte
Currently IVe_7eCvl

tardet will you marry me
Yes

Offline Dokletian

• Brigadier General
  • unironisch
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4e_Huss_Dokletian
« Reply #845 on: December 09, 2017, 07:22:30 am »
The video between GER and UK is up! Enjoy :)

Video
[close]

I‘ve got a question though, somehow ShadowPlay is not recording my voice, anyone any advice? :)
Can I just say that I’m really impressed with the cav community, 10x more mature than the inf community and a lot less tolerant of the cancerous players

Offline Traeeseron

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Traeeseron
  • Side: Union
« Reply #846 on: December 10, 2017, 02:03:54 pm »
Match: Slavic Countries vs Spain
Date & Hour: Sunday, 10.12.2017, 19:00 CET

Offline tired

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [BBG] tired
« Reply #847 on: December 10, 2017, 03:49:49 pm »
lol why is NA even in this? that's like almost 200 ping for most of the West Coast NA. They should Host half the rounds in an NA server and Half the rounds in an EU server when playing against the NA team to make it fair lol

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
  • Fidelitate et Honore | Fake Hype King
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Tardet
« Reply #848 on: December 10, 2017, 04:00:56 pm »
lol why is NA even in this? that's like almost 200 ping for most of the West Coast NA. They should Host half the rounds in an NA server and Half the rounds in an EU server when playing against the NA team to make it fair lol

The title of the thread might be confusing but to be fair, 'Nations Cup' or 'NWWC' (equivalent of the NC in the infantry community) have never been 'fair' when it comes to deal with the NA situation. The Nations Cup is simply 'NA friendly' means that a NA team can register but have to play on EU servers because that has always been this way and I doubt most of the other teams would be open to a change.

On Native, the Nations Cup have a 'fair' home-away system when it comes to NA, where you play half of each set on different servers, EU and NA. But that doesn't mean it makes matches any more 'competitive' as it often results in draw, each team winning easily on their 'Home' side but being unable to make a clear difference on the 'Away' one.

Besides, if a Home-Away system can still make sense for a NA vs France or NA vs Spain, it starts getting extremely tricky to deal with when you have a NA vs Turkey or a NA vs Slavic Countries, as the 'Away' side leads to one team having an average of 130-140 pings which honestly, is unplayable at a high level of competitive NW and literally is enjoyable for no one.

Hope that helps you understanding the situation a bit better. I will repeat it again, you're right to say it’s unfair, I don't deny it but with the current state of the community which is clearly divided between EU and NA, with the EU side being clearly way more active, it is hard to include our NA counterpart in those sort of events, and make the tournament fair and enjoyable for both sides.
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often.

Offline 4eClausewitz

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: December 10, 2017, 05:55:03 pm »

This is all nice in theory but nobody is going to rent a server hosted in North America to accommodate one nation in an otherwise exclusively European competition.

Offline Erik le Rouge

• Lieutenant General
  • Depardieu best dieu
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: December 10, 2017, 06:41:55 pm »
Match: Slavic Countries vs Spain
Date & Hour: Sunday, 10.12.2017, 19:00 CET

This match will take place on CavNationsCup_1, and will be refereed by Hawk.
fuck erik
fuck erik
yeah fuck erik
fuck erik
fuck Erik
i love erik
Quote from: TxM
fuck erik
Quote from: FreyrDS
fuck Erik
Quote from: Termito
fuck erik.
Quote from: Ciiges
fuck erik
Quote from: Remao
fuck Erik

Offline HawkonPC

• Captain
  • 4e Hussard's Amateur Brigadier
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: December 10, 2017, 07:27:26 pm »
Spain 8-0 Slavic Countries

GG to both sides and thank you to everyone for coming! 

Offline Victorcin

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • SpainIsLife
« Reply #852 on: December 10, 2017, 07:38:28 pm »
Here have the video of the match between Spain and France.
PD: Sorry for delay,Enjoy! ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DozDH25peeM&feature=youtu.be
He visto lo bastante de una guerra para no desear volver a ver otra.

Offline Rastignac

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: December 10, 2017, 09:43:06 pm »
Poland 8-0 Italy

GG, Italy came close to winning a round several times but we managed. The match was refereed, by mutual agreement and Erik's approval, by myself, due to our planned referee not showing up.

« Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 09:51:06 pm by Rastignac »

Offline Erik le Rouge

• Lieutenant General
  • Depardieu best dieu
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: December 10, 2017, 09:50:33 pm »
Congrats to all who played tonight, I'm adding the results to the main thread :)
fuck erik
fuck erik
yeah fuck erik
fuck erik
fuck Erik
i love erik