Author Topic: [CCL - S1] Announcement Thread  (Read 21679 times)

Offline Tim0204

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Handsome_Harbinger
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Cavalry Champions League | Announcement Thread
« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2018, 01:08:16 am »
Why not let the cav community die and focus in ur lives..
Assuming that we have lives
« Last Edit: December 16, 2018, 01:10:25 am by Tim0204 »

Offline Destrass

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5e_Huss_Lt_Destrass
« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2018, 03:11:09 pm »
Nice project ! Good luck boys  ;)

Offline DragonKing

• Major
  • God save the DCL
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [DCL]Cpt_DragonKing
« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2018, 04:11:39 pm »
eheh let's go !
Nearer, My God, to Thee

Offline CCL Official

• Board Moderator
  • Official account of the Cavalry Champions League
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 17, 2018, 12:00:19 am »

Welcome to the official thread of the Cavalry Champions League. We hope you enjoyed the trailer introducing this first edition of this new competition, which will strive to provide the cavalry community with both a competitive and enjoyable atmosphere. As promised, we will be giving you further information in this post to explain in details the concept of this tournament and hopefully cover most of your questions.

This Cavalry Champions League is in direct line with the now well-established Cavalry Napoleonic War League. While the CNWL has proven to be the most successful regimental contest for years among the cavalry community, we did not carry the wish to host something which did not necessarily belong to us. The CNWL remains a project which should only be hosted by Erik or by someone he deems worthy of taking over. Moreover, the Cavalry Champions League should bring a few changes compared to the previous editions of the CNWL. In practice, it doesn't modify drastically the whole concept but it brings in new features which could possibly alter the nature of a competition such as the CWNL. We hope to be able reaching the same level of quality observed during previous editions of cavalry leagues, but for many reasons, we prefer hosting a brand new tournament which should give us the required freedom to carry on with the aforementioned changes. That way, if someone wishes to take over the organisation of the CNWL later on, he or she won't be impacted by the result of this tournament.

The complete ruleset is still being written however we have at least 99% of its core already established. Here are the important changes which you should be aware of, followed by specific reasoning on each one of them:

The Cavalry Champions League will be played with a home-away system, having regiments fighting each other twice.

Reasoning
This is probably the biggest change. The last edition of the CNWL had a lot of interesting results, with some regiments upsettings arguably 'bigger' names only to get upset themselves later on by other regiments. We liked that aspect and do strongly believe that with the current state of the cavalry competitive scene, a lot of regiments can beat each other. It was important for us to give the opportunity for all these regiments to work on their mistakes, improve and get the chance to 'replay' an important match later during the competition to eventually change the outcome of the first encounter, that it be by increasing the margin of their victory, or completely turn the table around.
[close]
The regiments participating in the Cavalry Champions League will be selected via an invitational system.

Reasoning
We do understand that this might be controversial for some regiments which won't be getting an invitation and could possibly divide the community into those being given the chance to participate in the league and those being kept away. The reasons behind these choices are multiple. Due to the format of the tournament, we cannot allow too many regiments in the same league, to avoid dragging the tournament for too long. On top of that, we also have to make sure all regiments have an average level to avoid the same regiment getting 10-0ed in a row, and being at high risk of leaving the competition before it ends. The possibility of hosting a second league was discussed but considering the resources and time required to host one, we did not deem it reasonable to have a second alongside. If a group of experienced and motivated people arise to take care of it, and that there are enough regiments interested to participate in this, the possibility of hosting a Cavalry Challengers League could be considered. So far, we do not think that will be the case.

It also worth mentioning that we have our heart set on producing a level of hype media never seen yet in the NW community. The idea is to give the opportunity for people who won't partake in this tournament, but are still interested into following the activity within the cavalry community, to enjoy reading and watching quality contents throughout the whole duration of this competition.
[close]
We will be using an ID system to track every player and avoid double regimenting.

Reasoning
As for each competition, double regimenting won't be permitted among the regiments participating in the CCL. In order to make sure we have the capacity to check any fishy behaviour, we will ask every regiment to provide the administration with a roster including a unique ID for every single of their members, and this before the tournament starts.
[close]
At the beginning of each week, regiments will be given a deadline to organize their match, in order to avoid for further conflicts resulting from a poor match organisation on both sides. If by the end of that deadline (or even before), matches haven't been clearly announced on the forums, an administrator shall be contacted to help to resolve the issue. If such issues happen too repetitively, the regiment(s) at fault will be facing punishment.

Reasoning
In the past, we saw unneeded drama taking place due to the poor organisation shown by several regiments. Organizing a match is the responsibility of both regiments yet sometimes, both leaders might either be negligent and/or busy which leads to unfortunate scenarios where the date has to be forced on one regiment, the match happens to be delayed, all in all resulting in the tournament being damaged as a whole. In order to avoid that, we'll be asking regiments to contact their opponents within a certain lapse time (most likely three days counting from the release of the weekly fixtures). If by the deadline, the match hasn't been organized, then the organisation should be able to help both regiments to schedule in time, on a date which fits them both.
[close]

The last change is still up for discussions. While we'll most likely carry on with the changes above, unless an unfortunate scenario, this one hasn't been decided yet. We believe it a positive change but are still interested to hear about your opinions as there are obvious pros and cons for that one.

? We will be introducing an offensive and a defensive bonus for every match of the league. Regiments will get an offensive bonus of 1 point if they finish their match with a victory and a round-difference of +8 or higher. (9-1 / 10-0). Regiments will get a defensive bonus of 1 point if they finish their match with a loss and a round-difference of -2 (4-6). A victory grants you 4 points. A draw grants you 2 points.

Reasoning
Such a system has already been used for years in professional rugby leagues. You get rewarded if you have a dominant victory or a close defeat. You have to make the draw 2 points in that system because a defeat 6-4 is already 1 point, so a draw must weight more. Because the draw is 2 points, it's important you have the regular victory at 4 pts, in order to always keep a ratio of 2 pts between the draw and the victory, as for regular leagues. We believe that such a system would encourage regiments to give more importance to every round. In the normal system, it's still important to play every round of your matches and try to win them in order to get a better RD (Round Difference) in the rankings. However, it's quite hard to evaluate wherever or not one round in a particular match might or might not have an impact on the long run. It's definitely easier for players and leaders to encourage their members to keep focusing for rounds which may directly translate into actual points, and therefore produce more intense encounters.
[close]

« Last Edit: January 06, 2019, 12:33:16 am by Exofrance »

Offline CCL Official

• Board Moderator
  • Official account of the Cavalry Champions League
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 17, 2018, 12:04:33 am »
Apologizes for the huge and somewhat indigestible chunk of text. One of our focus as the administrative team will be to provide the community with as much professionalism and transparency as possible. We want to do things the right way, and when we don't, we intend to let you know why.

This is a lot of text, but we believe it's important for people to understand our motives, at least for most of the things mentioned above. Take the time to read it, and if any questions remain unclear, our staff will be at your disposal to answer them.

Tomorrow we will be releasing our first media content, introducing the first invited team. Hopefully, this should be more enjoyable and interesting to read.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2018, 07:30:34 am by CCL Official »

Offline QuinnML

• Major
  • NEC TIMEAS SIS JUSTUS
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Quinn
  • Side: Union
« Reply #35 on: December 17, 2018, 01:11:51 am »
Spoiler: KGL 1stHus wins

Offline Squall

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5ehuss_Rec_Squall
« Reply #36 on: December 17, 2018, 01:31:24 am »
Spoiler: KGL 1stHus wins

Quinn, you mean IRC, is not it? :P :P :P :P
lol = ban

Offline Napoléon

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Napoléon
« Reply #37 on: December 17, 2018, 08:51:37 pm »
Nice new, good luck for this tournament ;)

Ex : IVe_45e_SLt_Napoléon
       5e_Huss_SLt_Napoléon

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #38 on: December 17, 2018, 10:07:03 pm »
Nice graphics, good luck. :)
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline Ciiges

• First Lieutenant
  • swift as death
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1er_Huss_Brg_Ciiges[4]
« Reply #39 on: December 18, 2018, 01:01:15 am »
Open my casket, time to breathe the fresh air once more.

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
  • Side: Union
« Reply #40 on: December 18, 2018, 01:17:01 am »
Very professional looking thread, gl I'll try to be following this(:

NAPL season 1 saw the greatest regiment winning
ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳

Offline Yvrul

• Private
  • Lt. of the 1. Leib Husaren, IV Korps for life
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1LH_Lt_Lurvy / 4e_Huss_Cvl_Lurvy
« Reply #41 on: December 18, 2018, 03:45:56 am »
Another tournament for the 4e_Erik_Hussars to lose.

Offline Rastignac

• Major General
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #42 on: December 18, 2018, 08:39:35 am »

Spelling it as 4e_Erik_Hussars is invalid, because "4e" itself already contains an "Erik". "4e_Huss", contrary to what ppl think, doesn't stand for "fourth" (regiment of hussars) but is rather a smart acronym of "for Erik, hussars!". For(4)(e)rik_huss(ars)! Thus, it simultaneously forms a tag, a motto and the regimental creed.

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • Board Moderator
  • Fidelitate et Honore | Fake Hype King
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Tardet
« Reply #43 on: December 18, 2018, 09:55:04 am »
Thanks for the warm messages. Most of the graphics you will see on the CCL thread(s) are the courtesy of Exofrance. If you do like his work, needless to say you should appreciate what's coming next.

Spelling it as 4e_Erik_Hussars is invalid, because "4e" itself already contains an "Erik". "4e_Huss", contrary to what ppl think, doesn't stand for "fourth" (regiment of hussars) but is rather a smart acronym of "for Erik, hussars!". For(4)(e)rik_huss(ars)! Thus, it simultaneously forms a tag, a motto and the regimental creed.

Welcome aboard the media team Rastignac.
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often.

Offline Thyrell

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: BNL_Dyson30x_Ciiges
« Reply #44 on: December 18, 2018, 01:38:47 pm »
Looking awesome, Good luck!!