Author Topic: Icelandic Servers For NAs and EUs  (Read 5267 times)

Wursti

Re: Icelandic Servers For NAs and EUs
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2021, 10:08:53 pm »
Tbf good idea and should be very nais for NWWC

Offline AchillesTheOne

• Major
  • Seals 6 [54]
    • View Profile
  • Nick: The One, The Only, The Notorious
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2021, 10:09:16 pm »
If I get 20 ping SURE

Offline Golden.

• What in Gods name?
  • Major General
  • 🤠
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [G]
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2021, 10:09:21 pm »
Good idea would like to see it happen, all the naysayers are just afraid of NA GF

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2021, 10:09:55 pm »
I don't know what crack you are huffing Anthony but people from London still get 60+ ping to Icelandic servers. They have a very good network infrastructure but not that good.

Only place this is useful is for playing against US or Canada in NWWC to make it more even. But if you have to face Eastern teams they will get closer to 100 ping at the very least which I can tell you now they will not agree to.
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline Snowwi

• :]
  • General
  • Nr13 Reservist
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Klay Thompson
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2021, 10:10:07 pm »
A lot of the top Eu players are English or French
The disrespect

"Unable to perceive the shape of You...
I find you all around me.
Your presence fills my eyes with Your love...
It humbles my heart...
For You are everywhere."

Offline antslimey

• First Lieutenant
  • Co founder and leader of the AEF and Col of 55th!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [AEF]Col_Anthony 55th_Col_Anthony
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2021, 10:13:05 pm »
A lot of the top Eu players are English or French
The disrespect

bro I dont forget the germans and sweeds. Achilles and Wolpi are chads too  8)

Offline RussianFury

• Lieutenant General
  • Tribal Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2021, 10:13:25 pm »
This was idea proposed before but it actually is a lot worse than you think. From my city to Reykjavik is 144 ping. This is actually worse than the ping I would get on a London or Paris server.

All that matters is the fiber cable direct lines going from cities. That's why someone like Yoloswag or people from New York (city proper) are able to get 70-80ms ping in Warband compared to someone in PA (Pennsylvania for EU's who don't know their geography) who would get 120. Geographically not much of a difference, but a massive difference going from copper cable to fiber optic cables.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2021, 10:16:23 pm by RussianFury »

Offline HiReaper

• Second Lieutenant
  • Not a chav and known hatecrimer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Reaps
« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2021, 10:13:42 pm »
would be fun also respect to the polaks but if u live east of germany

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2021, 10:15:20 pm »
This was idea proposed before but it actually is a lot worse than you think. From my city to Reykjavik is 144 ping. This is actually worse than the ping I would get on a London or Paris server.

All that matters is the fiber cable direct lines going from cities. That's why someone like Yoloswag or people from New York (city proper) are able to get 70-80ms ping in Warband compared to someone in PA who would get 120. Geographically not much of a difference, but a massive difference going from copper cable to fiber optic cables.
Bingo!

When I lived in London I would get 80 ping to most NA servers which at times was lower than NA's themselves. People kind of forget that infrastructure is key.
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline Fietta

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 15th_YR_Gren_trot888
« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2021, 10:15:50 pm »
Not that this is particularly good, but went on speedtest.net and changed the server to one in Reykjavik, I'm getting 63ping, Sweden 55ping and Germany 60ping. Unless I'm on google fibre, there's no chance I'm getting 15ping, then again I might be pleasantly surprised once the server has released.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2021, 10:18:20 pm by Fietta »

Offline antslimey

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2021, 10:18:34 pm »
I don't know what crack you are huffing Anthony but people from London still get 60+ ping to Icelandic servers. They have a very good network infrastructure but not that good.

Only place this is useful is for playing against US or Canada in NWWC to make it more even. But if you have to face Eastern teams they will get closer to 100 ping at the very least which I can tell you now they will not agree to.
Do you have prior experience connecting to NW Icelandic servers xD it could turn out when I host the server it gives everyone 150ping because of routing issues.
And yeah ofc for NWWC I feel the spirt of the game would be to play in the server location that the majority of people get the fairest distribution of ping. So for Eastern players a london or french server would be best if it was NA vs RUS or TUR.

Offline RussianFury

• Lieutenant General
  • Tribal Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2021, 10:18:55 pm »
Not that this is particularly good, but went on speedtest.net and changed the server to one in Reykjavik, I'm getting 63ping, Sweden 55ping and Germany 60ping. Unless I'm on google fibre, there's no chance I'm getting 15ping, then again I might be pleasantly surprised once the server has released.
Brother can't play higher than LAN gaming.

Offline Fietta

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 15th_YR_Gren_trot888
« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2021, 10:19:23 pm »
Brother can't play higher than LAN gaming.

Hey I average at 40! I was just comparing to the proposed op ping

Offline RussianFury

• Lieutenant General
  • Tribal Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2021, 10:20:11 pm »

All that matters is the fiber cable direct lines going from cities. That's why someone like Yoloswag or people from New York (city proper) are able to get 70-80ms ping in Warband compared to someone in PA who would get 120. Geographically not much of a difference, but a massive difference going from copper cable to fiber optic cables.
Bingo!

When I lived in London I would get 80 ping to most NA servers which at times was lower than NA's themselves. People kind of forget that infrastructure is key.
:^).
For those curious how these submarine lines work:
https://www.submarinecablemap.com/

Offline antslimey

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2021, 10:21:24 pm »
Dang thats a fair point. Well if thats the case that Icelandic servers have bad routing and give people higher ping then thats a rip.
Ill host the server anyways and test it out worst case it fails best case it works.