Author Topic: News announcement - APRIL 2019  (Read 6256 times)

Offline Woeski

• Board Moderator
  • (2Ch) - DDB - Mamluk
    • View Profile
    • 2Ch & BACM regiment
  • Nick: Woeski
  • Side: Neutral
News announcement - APRIL 2019
« on: April 09, 2019, 12:44:06 pm »

ANNOUNCEMENT - APRIL 2019

Good day Iron Europe followers,
I'm here to inform you about the latest progress on Iron Europe v2.
On the 10th of April 10, 2018 DanyEle announced that there would be a new development team to finish the mod's highly anticipated version 2.0. Mainly Duke Longtree has been working on the mod since then, however due to circumstances he lost most of his files related to Iron Europe and has therefore quit. He is back!

All this however does not mean that Iron Europe has stopped development, as you may have noticed there has been a new patch (1.22). Work has continued after that, and today I will show the progression made, aswell as sharing possible ideas and asking for your help. 

Let's begin with what's added so far;
  • The British Empire  Although it still needs some work, the "essence" of the faction is already complete.
    What this will add is new weapons and uniforms,
    - Lewis Gun - LMG
    - SMLE (+scoped version) - boltaction rifle
    - Webley - revolver
    - Browning Automatic 5 - shotgun
  • Smoke grenades  units from the grenadier squad will now be able to choose smoke grenades to cover an advance!
  • New particles  again some new particles,
    - Bullet casings fly out when firing an HMG
    - (Again) a new artillery hit particle
  • New maps  including:
    - a new Passchendaele map called Ypres Salient
    - Argonne forest map with village called Bois D'Argonne
  • Fusil Automatique Modèle 1917  a new french semi-auto rifle
  • Many new scene props  for mappers including things such as;
    - new trenches
    - a tank
    - trench props
    - modular bunkers

That is mostly what's done, or almost done, text marked in red are not 100% done yet.

So what still needs to be done;
  • A new german weapon/unit  I want to make every faction feel a bit more different, this is why I added some new weapons like the French semi-automatic, the british trench gun but we also need something for the Germans, now I was thinking of maybe doing a flamethrower, however this won't be easy to make. Please give me your suggestions!
  • New models  the reason why the french semi-auto and the british trench gun aren't 100% finished is because they don't have a model yet, only a place holder one, all the models that I currently use are those that were made by the previous developers, but for new ideas we need new models and so I am searching for someone to make them, and if possible also a new reload animation for the shotgun.

Those are the things that need to be made for sure, however there are also things that I need the community's opinion for.

• What is your opinion about off-map artillery? Is it necessary? I have already increased the power of the howitzer, since I've noticed it's really under powered.
  • Cavarly? Honestly I think it's really pointless, but a lot of people would like to see it for some reason
gallery
British lewis gunner on the new Passchendaele map

British sniper on the new Passchendaele map

Smoke screen to cover an advance

[close]
If you have anything else you would like to suggest, don't be afraid to post it here.

If you want to help Iron Europe, get in touch with me:
FSE contact | Steam contact | Discord contact: Woeski#0385

Also events are still running, currently deciding between Mondays or Tuesdays. (We tried Monday first)FSE thread
« Last Edit: April 13, 2019, 05:41:23 pm by Woeski The Husky »

Offline Woeski

• Board Moderator
  • (2Ch) - DDB - Mamluk
    • View Profile
    • 2Ch & BACM regiment
Re: News announcement - APRIL 2019
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2019, 12:53:39 pm »
Images coming soon!

Offline Dark / Thorn

• First Sergeant
  • 24eRI Leader
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Dark
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2019, 01:33:13 pm »
Great Work ! I can't wait to see all these news happen  ;D

Offline Woeski

• Board Moderator
  • (2Ch) - DDB - Mamluk
    • View Profile
    • 2Ch & BACM regiment
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2019, 01:36:48 pm »
Great Work ! I can't wait to see all these news happen  ;D

No one can :O

Offline Rybon

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1erRC_Brg_Rybon
  • Side: Union
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2019, 02:01:41 pm »
About germans:
1. Maybe Artillery-Luger?
2. U can give cavarly as exclusive unit for germans
3. U can give Polish Legions as special unit with polish sounds and with Mannlicher M1895 (They were Austro-Hungarian in reality)
« Last Edit: April 09, 2019, 02:04:11 pm by Rybon »
Difficulty attracts a man of character, for it is by embracing it that he fulfils himself.
Przeszkoda pociąga człowieka z charakterem, jako że pokonując ją sam się urzeczywistnia.
Charles de Gaulle

Offline Woeski

• Board Moderator
  • (2Ch) - DDB - Mamluk
    • View Profile
    • 2Ch & BACM regiment
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2019, 02:08:36 pm »
About germans:
1. Maybe Artillery-Luger?
2. U can give cavarly as exclusive unit for germans
3. U can give Polish Legions as special unit with polish sounds and with Mannlicher M1895 (They were Austro-Hungarian in reality)

I thought of artillery luger, I will probably add it, and about cavarly I still need to think.
Mannlicher would need to be a new model too, which I can't tell will be possible unless someone wants to make models for Iron Europe.

Offline qwasxd12

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: rEiChSrAt
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2019, 03:25:34 pm »
Great! I hope to see the Austria-Hungary and Russian faction in the next update!

Offline Shylock

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2019, 07:11:10 pm »
Great news, thank you for this brief update. My thoughs on some of the points:

Cavalry: Definetly a low-priority thing for me personally, if I want to play Cav I can always play any other module. Also, this would only be suitable for a small amount of scenarios and I dont think the maps are suited for cavalry.

Flamethrower: Hard to implement, but definetly would be awesome

Off-Map Artillery: I'm not really in favor of this, since we already have the on-map artillery. I also think the time and effort needed to implement this could be used somehwere else in this mod.

Offline Woeski

• Board Moderator
  • (2Ch) - DDB - Mamluk
    • View Profile
    • 2Ch & BACM regiment
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2019, 07:19:12 pm »
Great news, thank you for this brief update. My thoughs on some of the points:

Cavalry: Definetly a low-priority thing for me personally, if I want to play Cav I can always play any other module. Also, this would only be suitable for a small amount of scenarios and I dont think the maps are suited for cavalry.

Flamethrower: Hard to implement, but definetly would be awesome

Off-Map Artillery: I'm not really in favor of this, since we already have the on-map artillery. I also think the time and effort needed to implement this could be used somehwere else in this mod.

I agree with most of what you say here, someone else earlier also expressed his thoughts and said he didn't think off-map artillery would be worth making with the limited capabilities.

Are there any other suggestions for Germany? I already added an artillery luger to the artillery units.

Great! I hope to see the Austria-Hungary and Russian faction in the next update!

That would need some hard work that with the small team we are cannot do.
However, I won't say that it's going to be impossible because in the 1.22 thread I said the UK was not going to come either, and look where we are now :)

Offline Nejtro

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 16th_L_Lt_Nejtro
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2019, 08:28:22 pm »
Very cool,

looking forward

Offline Duke Of LongTree

• Board Moderator
  • 1stRM/USMC
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2019, 07:33:22 pm »
we got new stuff coming stay tuned

Offline Kydric

• First Sergeant
  • "Sniper Doyle"
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 2ndWI_Sgt_F_Doyle

Offline Duke Of LongTree

• Board Moderator
  • 1stRM/USMC
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2019, 05:21:19 am »
no

Offline Kydric

• First Sergeant
  • "Sniper Doyle"
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 2ndWI_Sgt_F_Doyle
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2019, 09:58:42 am »
Germany:
If it is possible, you can add Late War German Stosstruppen, which have the famous helmet camouflage. I dont know about an MP-18.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v220/mackzilla/Album%20Number%202/Album%20Number%203/Album%20Number%204/Album%20Number%205/Album%20Number%206/Album%20Number%207/Album%20Number%208/627M16CamoHelmetleftsideview.jpg

French:
Well, French Foreign Legion with their unique uniforms in the war that were a non-blue for a change.

Commonwealth:
For the British you could add in the Canadians as they were one of the first to successfully utilize shock tactics. Some interesting patches and details would be nice to make em stand out.

Offline Woeski

• Board Moderator
  • (2Ch) - DDB - Mamluk
    • View Profile
    • 2Ch & BACM regiment
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2019, 12:01:18 pm »
Germany:
If it is possible, you can add Late War German Stosstruppen, which have the famous helmet camouflage. I dont know about an MP-18.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v220/mackzilla/Album%20Number%202/Album%20Number%203/Album%20Number%204/Album%20Number%205/Album%20Number%206/Album%20Number%207/Album%20Number%208/627M16CamoHelmetleftsideview.jpg

French:
Well, French Foreign Legion with their unique uniforms in the war that were a non-blue for a change.

Commonwealth:
For the British you could add in the Canadians as they were one of the first to successfully utilize shock tactics. Some interesting patches and details would be nice to make em stand out.

Thanks to Johny I added the camo helmet:
Spoiler
[close]
I thought about the MP-18i too but I think it is going to be a bit too over powered.

French foreign legion, good idea, I might implement them. Other things have priority though.

Canadians will be added, I will probably give them the bomber role, or something similair. Would be nice to give them the Ross rifle. I can't promise I'll add that one though.