Author Topic: Medieval Engineers! - News  (Read 6592 times)

Offline Dom13WorstNW

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Medieval Engineers! - News
« on: January 13, 2015, 06:01:21 pm »
Medieval Engineers is a sandbox game about engineering, construction and the maintenance of architectural work and mechanical equipment using medieval technology. Players build cities, castles and fortifications; construct mechanical devices and engines; and perform landscaping and underground mining.

Medieval Engineers utilizes a realistic volumetric-based physics engine with a focus on structural integrity: all game objects can be assembled, disassembled, damaged or destroyed, and the object’s mass and structure influences its integrity. The game comes with creative mode and an early prototype of survival mode.

Medieval Engineers is the second “engineering” game developed by Keen Software House. The first one was Space Engineers, which sold over 1 million copies in its first year and is still a bestseller

Latest News
http://blog.marekrosa.org/2016/05/medieval-engineers-short-term-roadmap_3.html

« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 11:58:57 pm by Dom13WorstNW »

Offline Dom13WorstNW

• Donator
    • View Profile
reserved ... just in case  :P

Offline Who-

• Colonel
  • You been lookin' for the wrong one
    • View Profile
9/11 would buy.
I'm like a reincarnated Saltyy But I actually have some talent.

Offline Hinkel

• Colonel
  • Confederate Commander in Chief
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gen_Hinkel
  • Side: Confederacy
Plays pretty awesome.. 10/10

Offline Dom13WorstNW

• Donator
    • View Profile
make sure to read Marek Rosa's(CEO) devblog

http://blog.marekrosa.org/

Offline Dom13WorstNW

• Donator
    • View Profile
Early access release date is February 19th

Offline Dom13WorstNW

• Donator
    • View Profile
Medieval Engineers will be available for purchase during a 24-hour pre-launch window.

This is your chance to get the game before it officially launches on Steam! Early access to the early access!

http://www.medievalengineers.com/buy.html

Offline Dom13WorstNW

• Donator
    • View Profile
Medieval Engineers Released today. If you own Space Engineers you will get a 25% Discount on ME until March 4th.

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Riddlez
  • Side: Neutral
Meh. I'll see how this turns out. I do not see as much possibilities as in Space Engineers: medieval siege seems too limited to become interesting.
Probably one of the very few old-timers here who hasn't been a regimental leader.

Offline Dom13WorstNW

• Donator
    • View Profile
Alpha tutorial

Offline KL4R1N0G4MPR0S

• Major
    • View Profile
Re: Medieval Engineers! - From Keen Software House (Space Engineers Developers)
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2015, 12:59:45 am »
I own Space Engis...

Buy/Not Buy?  :-[
<3

Offline Dom13WorstNW

• Donator
    • View Profile
Re: Medieval Engineers! - From Keen Software House (Space Engineers Developers)
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2015, 01:03:59 am »
I dont own ME yet but I would say buy it. Keen Software House has done a fantastic job improving SE, I imagine it will be the same with ME.

and also 
Medieval Engineers Released today. If you own Space Engineers you will get a 25% Discount on ME until March 4th.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 01:07:36 am by Dom13WorstNW »

Offline Dom13WorstNW

• Donator
    • View Profile
Re: Medieval Engineers! - Update 02.005 – Barbarians!
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2015, 10:33:28 pm »
Update 02.005

Summary
Barbarians have been added into the game! This is the first A.I. prototype and is still work-in-progress. Barbarians will wander around the map seeking for King Statues to destroy. Currently, since there is only creative mode, the player cannot be killed by them, so barbarians will just follow the character around the map. When they're close to a King Statue - which is automatically spawned in the world or can be placed by player - they will destroy it; they will also destroy any building that is blocking their way. Barbarians can be killed by setting traps; for example when a tower falls on them, when they fall from a cliff, when a catapult ball hits them, etc. We've also added a few more types of catch blocks and round timber blocks. The new catch blocks should be more user-friendly because it was hard to attach something on them until now; there is also a variant which can be safely attached on walls.

Warning: This is first A.I. prototype and still work in progress! The purpose of this update is to introduce barbarians and see how players will behave with them and also to have fun. We will keep improving AI during the upcoming updates.

You can read more details about Barbarians in Marek’s newest block-post: http://blog.marekrosa.org/2015/02/barbarians-have-arrived-in-medieval_24.html

Features
- barbarians + King Statues spawning (world settings to enable barbarians, default is OFF)
- barbarian spawning tool added
- added new types of 'catch' blocks - attaching blocks to catch blocks should be much more convenient now
- round timber blocks

Barbarians behavior:
- The pathfinding is currently not used for the Barbarians, so they will walk towards their target in a straight line
- Barbarians will wander around the map, seeking for King Statues to destroy
- If you kill a barbarian, he will re-spawn in 10 seconds when the barbarians are enabled in the world settings
- The first barbarian will spawn only after some time (10 minutes) and the others will follow in 3-5 minute intervals
- The maximum number of barbarians is currently 6 per map
- Barbarians would follow the player till 5m distance and then they stop (they will attack the player in the future, now you can lead them to traps, etc.)

Fixes
- fixed steam overlay issues
- fixed crash in copy-paste
- fixed crash in destruction
- fixed crash while attaching beams
- fixed adding blueprint to a world causing damage to the pasted grid
- fixed rope ending mount-points
- fixed large dynamic grid collisions
- fixed models without textures and missing texts in menu after changing graphic presets
- fixed issues with destruction objects sunken in voxel
- improved structural integrity when a big object collides with terrain
- fixed small grid built on large grid becoming dynamic after destroying some parts of the grid
- fixed creating extra collisions while pasting an object
- fixed crash when changing graphical settings
- fixed missing collisions and destructions for more blocks
- fixed debris preventing the falling
- fixed wrong collision model for stone wall round door

Known issues, working on a fix
- Startup crash, crash in main menu after a few seconds – you can try this possible workaround for now: http://forums.keenswh.com/post?id=7310031

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2015, 10:35:53 pm »
Was looking into getting it, looks good fun.
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline KL4R1N0G4MPR0S

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2015, 10:43:08 pm »
what this game needs is a warband-style melee system
and a similar campaign
and then it's my dream game  :-\
<3