Author Topic: Napoleonic Wars: Mapping Support  (Read 206088 times)

Offline Grozni

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: RRA_10thRH_SoH_Grozni
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Napoleonic Wars: Mapping Support
« Reply #255 on: December 22, 2015, 10:45:41 pm »
How do I put a map on my files? On Focalpoint is was easy, I now go through bluefangsolutions, and am curious how to upload a training map to it. Please add me on steam if you can help : [1stCS] Scottish

If you read previous few posts, all the info is there. You need to use some sort of file manager provided by hosting company to access the files on server, then replace name_of_scene.sco file in Modules/Napoleonic Wars/Scenes/ and also replace text entry in Modules/Napoleonic Wars/scenes.txt with text entry of your map. If you downloaded the map you should have gotten the text entry together with map download. If the map is created on your computer then you can use entry from Modules/Napoleonic Wars/scenes.txt in your game installation.

If you are still having problems then describe exactly what the problem is so someone can help, or send me pm here if you feel too helpless.

Offline Dan the Seagull Chef

• Commander in Chief
  • I use a pinch of Jesus in every dish.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [Chef]Dan_the_Chef
« Reply #256 on: January 25, 2016, 12:58:00 am »

No matter where I put the spawns for battle, the people in that place no matter what. For all other gamemodes it's fine but for battle it's like this. Can someone help me with this?
Wanna help the Wiki, join the Discord! Here are also the FSE Thread and Taleworlds Thread.

Offline Zebaad

• First Lieutenant
  • alea iacta est
    • View Profile
    • Bastion Maps
  • Nick: 47th_Cpt_Zebaad_Peritz
  • Side: Union
« Reply #257 on: January 25, 2016, 01:09:26 am »

No matter where I put the spawns for battle, the people in that place no matter what. For all other gamemodes it's fine but for battle it's like this. Can someone help me with this?
When you place spawn points, it will automatically put the Var1 to 1, however for battle to work, there must be a Var1 of 0 for the team 1 to spawn for battle. In other words, make sure you have the required spawns for both teams: team 1, 0-31 team 2, 32-63 once you are sure you have placed all 63, restart your game and rehost the server.

• Commander in Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: January 25, 2016, 01:43:44 am »

When you place spawn points, it will automatically put the Var1 to 1, however for battle to work, there must be a Var1 of 0 for the team 1 to spawn for battle. In other words, make sure you have the required spawns for both teams: team 1, 0-31 team 2, 32-63 once you are sure you have placed all 63, restart your game and rehost the server.

Ok, I tried this and the team 1 still spawned at that location
Wanna help the Wiki, join the Discord! Here are also the FSE Thread and Taleworlds Thread.

Offline Zebaad

• First Lieutenant
  • alea iacta est
    • View Profile
    • Bastion Maps
  • Nick: 47th_Cpt_Zebaad_Peritz
« Reply #259 on: January 25, 2016, 01:58:59 am »

Did you make sure that one of the spawn points had Var1 of 0? Then did you restart the game? If so, it should have worked

• Commander in Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: January 25, 2016, 03:25:38 am »

Did you make sure that one of the spawn points had Var1 of 0? Then did you restart the game? If so, it should have worked
Thought you meant var2. Did it and it worked! Thanks man

Offline Yde

• Donator
  • Aut delectare aut prodesse est
    • View Profile
  • Nick: DDA_KHJ_Ljt_Yde
« Reply #261 on: February 05, 2016, 04:03:21 pm »
Hey :)

When I've made scenes in the past I've used this website for the terrain code: http://mbcommands.ollclan.eu/terrain/

But as you can see it's down :( Does anyone know if it will become available again or if there are any alternatives out there?
Løjtnant Yde, øverstkommanderende i det
Kongelige Holstenske Jægerkorps, medlem af
det Danske Auxiliærkorps i hans Majestæt
Kong Frederik den VIs tjeneste

Offline Proton

• Sergeant
    • View Profile

Offline Yde

• Donator
  • Aut delectare aut prodesse est
    • View Profile
  • Nick: DDA_KHJ_Ljt_Yde
« Reply #263 on: February 05, 2016, 05:59:26 pm »
Oh right, forgot that existed ;)
Løjtnant Yde, øverstkommanderende i det
Kongelige Holstenske Jægerkorps, medlem af
det Danske Auxiliærkorps i hans Majestæt
Kong Frederik den VIs tjeneste

Offline Cadaeron

• Corporal
  • Corporal in the GGR Nr. 4
    • View Profile
  • Nick: GGR_Nr4_Cpl_Theodor_Colditz
« Reply #264 on: February 12, 2016, 07:43:51 pm »
I made a map for the modus "conquest". Now i tried to host it, but when i choose the game type "conquest" my map didn't show up. What is the mistake?

Offline usnavy30

• Colonel
  • Former Freelance Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: February 12, 2016, 08:30:06 pm »
I made a map for the modus "conquest". Now i tried to host it, but when i choose the game type "conquest" my map didn't show up. What is the mistake?
You made a map for the what exactly? A mod called Conquest or the game-mode Conquest for Napoleonic Wars?

The easiest way to add a new map is for the new map to replace an old map of your choosing with the same .sco name.
How To Run A Mod Installer.exe
Hello.. I have a problem... It says I don't have Mount&Blade Warband: Napoleonic War and I have to buy it
Try joining a regular Napoleonic Wars server and then re-running the installer.

Offline Cadaeron

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: February 12, 2016, 08:37:01 pm »
You made a map for the what exactly? A mod called Conquest or the game-mode Conquest for Napoleonic Wars?

The easiest way to add a new map is for the new map to replace an old map of your choosing with the same .sco name.

I made it for the game-mod Conquest. Added entry points too (32 for each team, 64 and 65 for the entry flags and some items called "headquarter_flag_grey" for capturing).

EDIT:

You are right. The map i edited was just for deathmmatch, battle ect. So i remaned it to one with game-mod "conquest" (from bavarian_river to arabian_harbour) and the flag-capturing mechanism worked.
Some of the flags were flying above the ground. So i had to choose EACH part of them (they consist out of 1 pole (code), three visible flags and one code flag) and move them down to the right place. I think one of the flags determine the position of the pole.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2016, 08:39:53 pm by Cadaeron »

Offline dooomninja

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1brig_95th_Maj_dooomninja
« Reply #267 on: February 15, 2016, 11:57:22 pm »
anyone know how to make "portals" work?
ಠ_ರೃ Quite!
2 most satisfying shots- a rider off a moving horse and officers who think they are safe :b

Offline TheDoctor

• Sergeant Major
  • UB_1stDE_LtCol_TheDoctor Former Col of 11thMS
    • View Profile
  • Nick: CaptainArtard or AndyTheIrishmen
« Reply #268 on: March 07, 2016, 03:37:59 pm »
I see teleports in PF, PW, and even in the NW mini siege server. I don't mean admin teleports I mean a door that you hold F on and it teleports you to a different place (such as to the top of a tower or as in PF/PW to a store or out of spawn. If  there is a script needed is there a way for me to get it so I cas put it into my server so I can start making maps using it?
So what you are saying is, you have a tactile mind of a potato...
--Burnout

Offline Cadaeron

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: March 11, 2016, 10:41:17 am »
Is there an easy way to add grass (not the texture) to the map without placing each of it by hand?

EDIT: There is my solution: http://web.archive.org/web/20130723110254/http://mbcommands.ollclan.eu/terrain

Just insert your terrain code and modify it.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 11:01:26 am by Cadaeron »