Poll

How should we release the mod? (Read 1st page post)

With New Gamemodes (unknown release date LATE 2016)
Without New Gamemodes (release date close 2015)

Author Topic: Whigs and Tories - American Revolutionary War Mod - Beta Screenies pg. 65!  (Read 186183 times)

Offline CharlesVasser

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Whigs and Tories
« Reply #120 on: February 24, 2015, 03:42:09 pm »
Looks nice!

Offline Earth Bby

• FSE's Official Annoying English-Person
  • Donator
  • Bottom Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 24, 2015, 07:53:55 pm »

Offline KL4R1N0G4MPR0S

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 25, 2015, 12:30:53 am »
Guise, I'm really curious about this, so please do update the OP with more information  :-\
<3

Offline Earth Bby

• Donator
  • Bottom Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 25, 2015, 12:32:01 am »
Guise, I'm really curious about this, so please do update the OP with more information  :-\

like?

Offline KL4R1N0G4MPR0S

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 25, 2015, 12:36:22 am »
A bit more on how the battles will be fought, the locations, possibly on how the different tactics will be encouraged through balancing/ gameplay/ the maps/ I donk't know. Just a little more to capture the attention of the impatient :D

That being said, I do appreciate the fact that you guys are still in the early stages of development, so you may not have fully concrete ideas or may not be willing to share them yet :)
<3

Offline Earth Bby

• Donator
  • Bottom Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: February 25, 2015, 12:54:51 am »
A bit more on how the battles will be fought, the locations, possibly on how the different tactics will be encouraged through balancing/ gameplay/ the maps/ I donk't know. Just a little more to capture the attention of the impatient :D

That being said, I do appreciate the fact that you guys are still in the early stages of development, so you may not have fully concrete ideas or may not be willing to share them yet :)

We want people to be scared of vollies. Ambush will work like the scenes from the last of the mohicans, 1st and last battle depending on the map. Trees, bushes and other things can be broken the same way a dummie is. Using vollies will smoke the colonial/british scum out of their hiding spots. Balance for this gamemode will be in favour of the Attackers, they must get the supply train to the front across the map (160/40) defenders can spawn twice in 2 locations again depending on the map.

In Linebattles we want to incourage double column, regiments will have to learn how to hold and form lines. We plan to add a bayonet charge with it's own pace, so that's fun. Muskets in WaTs will be very inaccurate, we want people to survive vollies and enjoy charging the enemy. Lets say a line of 20 men fires a volley, 2 will hit and 1 will outright kill just to soften your enemy up. We'd like regiments to meet face to face and forget about the running parallel to one and other and march in line towards the enemy, we plan to shape the maps this way to.

Spoiler
[close]

Like this ^

Other game modes like King of the Hill and WinterMode i'll leave for people who install the mod to discover.

Offline ThePatriot98

• Lieutenant General
  • FOR THE UNION!!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: USADominic
  • Side: Union
« Reply #126 on: February 25, 2015, 01:00:09 am »
gimme game pl0x
Major of the 11th New York Volunteer Infantry Regiment, 1st Division, 2nd "Eagle" Brigade

Offline Earth Bby

• Donator
  • Bottom Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: February 25, 2015, 01:00:42 am »

Offline Andee

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 25, 2015, 01:33:08 am »
xD

Offline Betaknight

• Major
  • To Protect and To Serve
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Betaknight
« Reply #129 on: February 25, 2015, 02:17:04 am »

We want people to be scared of vollies. Ambush will work like the scenes from the last of the mohicans, 1st and last battle depending on the map. Trees, bushes and other things can be broken the same way a dummie is. Using vollies will smoke the colonial/british scum out of their hiding spots. Balance for this gamemode will be in favour of the Attackers, they must get the supply train to the front across the map (160/40) defenders can spawn twice in 2 locations again depending on the map.

In Linebattles we want to incourage double column, regiments will have to learn how to hold and form lines. We plan to add a bayonet charge with it's own pace, so that's fun. Muskets in WaTs will be very inaccurate, we want people to survive vollies and enjoy charging the enemy. Lets say a line of 20 men fires a volley, 2 will hit and 1 will outright kill just to soften your enemy up. We'd like regiments to meet face to face and forget about the running parallel to one and other and march in line towards the enemy, we plan to shape the maps this way to.

Spoiler
[close]

Like this ^

Other game modes like King of the Hill and WinterMode i'll leave for people who install the mod to discover.
Great, get in the mod working and then I'll go:
gimme game pl0x

Eaten your veg?
The first modder for NW.

Offline Napoleon23

• Corporal
  • Colonel, 36th Virginia Infantry
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Napoleon
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #130 on: February 25, 2015, 02:48:44 pm »
This mod looks like it will be really fun to play! I have a request, is there anyway you could add Tarleton's Legion for British Cavalry? I have always wanted to play as them in a game. I can assure you that my regiment will get this mod!
Onward! For Old Virginia!                                   https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=379080363

Offline Earth Bby

• Donator
  • Bottom Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 25, 2015, 03:45:52 pm »
This mod looks like it will be really fun to play! I have a request, is there anyway you could add Tarleton's Legion for British Cavalry? I have always wanted to play as them in a game. I can assure you that my regiment will get this mod!

we dont take requests

Offline Von Alten

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #132 on: February 25, 2015, 07:15:04 pm »

we dont take requests
rekt, and good luck btw this looks promising
I'm bullying you, 14e became master on bullies

14e_SoP_Alten | 2pp_Fiz_Alten | 1oCaz_Cpl_Alten

Offline Earth Bby

• Donator
  • Bottom Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: February 25, 2015, 07:48:22 pm »

we dont take requests
rekt, and good luck btw this looks promising

Thanks

Offline Earth Bby

• Donator
  • Bottom Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: February 25, 2015, 08:15:10 pm »
Spoiler