Author Topic: 'Join the revolution' pictures & posts  (Read 8771 times)

Offline Jocam

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
'Join the revolution' pictures & posts
« on: January 28, 2013, 06:27:16 pm »
Dear Members of Napoleonic wars.

When i logged onto the forums today, I noticed that some people were carrying 'Join the revolution' signatures.
I then went onto the posts concerning the community representatives and Hekko's post about the community deserving better.

Quick notion, I completely agree with Hekko, and I am neither against nor with FSE, I just think things really have to change.

And, after reading Hekko's post, I read the comments (the representatives sectio too), in which nearly all of the people agreed that a degree of professionalism is to be added.

I then couldn't help to notice that certain people were posting posts, and having signatures images and texts titled: 'Join the Revolution!'

Colonel James Stewart of the 91st, I am directly to you now:

This is one of (in my opinion) one of the clearest examples, but, may I remind you, that there ARE more?

You are posting named comments, and currently have a prominent siganture with 'Join the Revlution'.
And you are accusing FSE of a lack of professionalism? How respected you might be, and how tiny and unimportant I may be:
Dear Sir, of everyone being 'upset' against FSE, you should know better!

Everyone, but especially people so well known in this community, not just named example, should show some professionalism too!
Certain comments and signatures reminded me of the 'eating popcorn' .GIF, which were posted when there was a fight going on. In my opinion this is extremely premature.

I thank you all for your attention.

and that there may be serious comment, which refer to what has been mentioned above.

Thanks in advance, and, as always, much sincerely yours,

Djocabeam

Offline McEwan

• Brigadier General
  • "McEwok" "McScrubwin" "ManJewban" "McWeewan"
    • View Profile
    • Marins de la Garde ImpĂ©riale on Enjin!
  • Nick: IXe[Marins]_McEwan
Re: 'Join the revolution' pictures & posts
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2013, 06:31:00 pm »
I understand your views and agree with them, but this thread will most likely do more harm than good, letting drama and such spring up once again. :-\

I don't think you should be forced to close this thread, but please do so yourself if you feel the peace and friendliness of this community should continue unmolested.

Kielbasa!

Offline Deofuta

• Captain
  • 1stEPI_Fw_Deofuta
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2013, 06:32:59 pm »
It's hard to ferment a revolution against a game design company. Can we expect that, in the case of a successful coup, the revolutionaries are capable of finishing BCoF?

Offline Frederickson

• First Lieutenant
  • "La Garde meurt, mais ne se rend pas."
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 2de_Lt_Frederickson
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2013, 06:35:16 pm »
I completely agree with this. How can we demand professionalism from the FSE team and admins if we run around with this shit on? This is something that should be a factor in choosing the Community reps.

Offline Jocam

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2013, 06:36:37 pm »
Spoiler
I understand your views and agree with them, but this thread will most likely do more harm than good, letting drama and such spring up once again. :-\

I don't think you should be forced to close this thread, but please do so yourself if you feel the peace and friendliness of this community should continue unmolested.
[close]

I am afraid you are right, though people need to stop pointing fingers at others, whilst being what they accuse other of, so that's my reason to put up this topic

Offline Jocam

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2013, 06:37:41 pm »
Spoiler
It's hard to ferment a revolution against a game design company. Can we expect that, in the case of a successful coup, the revolutionaries are capable of finishing BCoF?
[close]

I think you are absolutely right, so that is exactly what I try to tell the people here

Offline Gragnok

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1stEB_Col_Gragnok
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2013, 06:42:52 pm »
I completely agree with this. How can we demand professionalism from the FSE team and admins if we run around with this shit on? This is something that should be a factor in choosing the Community reps.

Its like you took the words from my mouth.
Do not go gentle into that good night.
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Offline Jocam

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2013, 06:44:57 pm »
I am waiting for the day Mr. Steward replies to this

Offline TORN

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: TORN
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2013, 06:49:52 pm »
Everybody should now better.
Not just Tav.
We need to be civil about this matter.
We cannot rush things or everything will just happen again.

Offline Gragnok

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1stEB_Col_Gragnok
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2013, 06:54:29 pm »
I would just like to clarify my position. For me this isn't solely directed at Tavington and i dont think that community members should have to maintain the SAME level of professionalism as FSE members as clearly we are gamers and this is their job. I just think that mature discussions about important community changes should be kept serious and that if people dont want to be mature, which is completely fine by me then they should stick to the more relaxed threads.
Do not go gentle into that good night.
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Offline James Stewart

• Donator
  • Doesn't like Welsh Riflemen
    • View Profile
    • 91st Website
  • Nick: 91st_Col_James_Stewart
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2013, 06:55:06 pm »
*Stewart

And aren't games meant to be about fun? Are the forums not meant to be linked to the games? I didn't make the signature, I simply put it as my signature, but is that a crime in your eyes? Having a laugh? It's a game people, not real life, stop getting your nickers 50 miles up your arse and get out once in a while.

Offline Vorlen

• Second Lieutenant
  • [Nr.24]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2013, 06:55:18 pm »

Haha. Thats what i said and thought all along. There is no way to "win" any sort of revolution.

But, not as any kind of defence, It seems that this -Is- how people feel about it. You can see from the opinions stated that is so. I dont think anyway seriouslyt believes they are part of some movement, (KONY 2012!) but that they are showing support for someone who may have very well been banned from the forum if the community didn't show that they expressed and felt the same sentiments as he did.

Offline Jocam

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2013, 06:57:07 pm »
Everybody should now better.
Not just Tav.
We need to be civil about this matter.
We cannot rush things or everything will just happen again.

I agree that everyone must know better!

Though certain 'big guys' will be the key figures of the matter, as it always with everything does!
And I am waiting for the response of named 'big guys'.

Offline Frederickson

• First Lieutenant
  • "La Garde meurt, mais ne se rend pas."
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 2de_Lt_Frederickson
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2013, 06:57:27 pm »
*Stewart

And aren't games meant to be about fun? Are the forums not meant to be linked to the games? I didn't make the signature, I simply put it as my signature, but is that a crime in your eyes? Having a laugh? It's a game people, not real life, stop getting your nickers 50 miles up your arse and get out once in a while.

The issue is your "lol its just a game" attitude even when it rolls around to serious discussion. If this isn't how you see yourself, then show us that you are mature in a serious setting. Again this is not just you, but a lot of the people who have been involved in the recent discussion who have similar behavior.

Offline Jocam

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2013, 06:59:49 pm »
*Stewart

First of all, I am pleased you took the time to reply,

Now, I understand your notion, and partially agree with it, though, if you want to be taken at least a BIT serious, it might be a good idea to act as if you at least want to be taken serious. You do not seriously expect FSE to take the complaints seriously, if half of the members here acts like it is a 'Revolution'?