Author Topic: Updating the 42nd Black Watch Bagpipers/Officers  (Read 1419 times)

Offline Joseph Graham

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Updating the 42nd Black Watch Bagpipers/Officers
« on: August 09, 2013, 07:15:30 pm »
Something that's bothered me for a while is the 42nd Black Watch in-game. Personally, I love this infantry class (as does about everyone else who plays), however there's a few bugs and issues with the class that don't quite sit well with the class.

• The Flag on the Bagpipe -This is probably the most noticeable issue with the bagpipes. Rather than blustering from side to side, the animation has the flag physically sliding up and down the pole, sometimes with a rather noticeable gap between the flag and pole. Nitpicking, I know, but it's a minor issue.
  • Quality of the audio pieces - Yet again, another minor issue, but I noticed that the quality of some of the recordings varied dramatically. Scotland the Brave, for example, being fairly distinguishable, whereas Cock o' the North doesn't sound quite up to par. Yet again, I know it's a minor issue but it's an easy update for any future patches.
  • Placement of the sword sheathes - On the bagpiper the sword sheathe itself sits a few inches forward from the actual white thing that it's supposed to be attached to.

Eh, nothing major, but I thought I'd point them out whilst I had the chance. I honestly don't know if FSE plan on any future updates, and if anything I'd hope that if they did, one last update for all of the classes to adjust glitches in the skin, models and animations (ergo the downstab that has your arm sinking into your body) were fixed. Even then, I thought I'd throw it out there as a possibility that any modders might catch a glimpse.

\o

Offline Onii

• Donator
  • Your friendly neighbourhood Dane
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Updating the 42nd Black Watch Bagpipers/Officers
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2013, 07:34:11 pm »
Are you playing on lowest graphs? Cause it only happens to me on it.

Also, the flag is in reverse by default for me though it's easy enough to fix.

Offline Joseph Graham

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Re: Updating the 42nd Black Watch Bagpipers/Officers
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2013, 07:34:48 pm »
Are you playing on lowest graphs? Cause it only happens to me on it.

Also, the flag is in reverse by default for me though it's easy enough to fix.

Highest, oddly enough.