Author Topic: Lock n' Load  (Read 13070 times)

Offline Pinball Wizard

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
Lock n' Load
« on: April 06, 2013, 03:02:18 pm »
Yes. The biased History Channel show, Lock n' Load, which has Lee Ermey discuss weapons, artillery, tanks, helicopters. Recently I ave watched this, and I have seen how ridiculousness it is. Beyond the annnoying yelling and shouting, and cheesy the show is, I have realized one more thing. It only talks about American weapons, and briefly compares weapons like the M16 against the AK-47, and the American weapons always win.

What's your opinion on this show?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x84uzzVynY8[/youtube]

Offline TheBoberton

• Knight of Blueberry
  • Colonel
  • I don't want no pardon for anything I done
    • View Profile
    • Thomas' Steam Profile
Re: Lock n' Load
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2013, 03:41:16 pm »
You're surprised that a show hosted by a man who is a hardcore 'Merican is biased?

Also;
annnoying yelling and shouting
They play upon the fact that he was a drill sergeant, and played one in his most well-known role.

Also, also;
'Merica!

Offline TORN

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: TORN
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2013, 03:44:01 pm »
well i've seen them compare the katana vs the european broadsword

Offline GoldenEagle

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Abii
  • Side: Union
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2013, 04:03:59 pm »
A show made by Americans for Americans. We Europeans should keep away from it.

Offline Pinball Wizard

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2013, 04:23:02 pm »
You're surprised that a show hosted by a man who is a hardcore 'Merican is biased?

Also;
annnoying yelling and shouting
They play upon the fact that he was a drill sergeant, and played one in his most well-known role.

Also, also;
'Merica!
I'm not surprised? It's just annoying, no one is that radical, so the annoying writers just are stupid. He constantly says "VICTORY!" and more stupid shit of "NOW I CAN SLEEP AT NIGHT" after he shoots a watermelon, I know its joking but after the first episode it was done over board.

Offline Menelaos

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2013, 09:13:27 pm »
A show made by Americans for Americans. Anyone that understands military history should keep away from it.
It's neat for the explosions but not exactly educating.

Offline Pinball Wizard

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2013, 09:51:01 pm »
It's educating seeing what the guns could do to watermelons.

Offline kpetschulat

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Petschie
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2013, 09:56:37 pm »
The whole show is made for the back-country hillbillies who want their constant dose of "'MERICA." That's all. Lol.

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2013, 10:03:49 pm »
Yeah, this show is utter shit. Only rednecks and retards watch these kinds of shows. I've been staying away from History channel, national geographic, etc. for a while now. Often their shows are not even history related.

Turks are not European ;)

Offline GoldenEagle

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2013, 10:27:56 pm »
Yeah, this show is utter shit. Only rednecks and retards watch these kinds of shows. I've been staying away from History channel, national geographic, etc. for a while now. Often their shows are not even history related.

Who says you are to decide that? There is still debate going on if Turkey is European or Asian, Turkey is in many different EU only contests. Eurovision and European Championship. Anyway, I live in Norway.

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2013, 10:36:39 pm »

Who says you are to decide that? There is still debate going on if Turkey is European or Asian, Turkey is in many different EU only contests. Eurovision and European Championship. Anyway, I live in Norway.

Because you seem to be a European elitist. So I thought I'd tell you that you are not, in fact, a European.

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2013, 11:25:19 pm »

Because you seem to be a European elitist. So I thought I'd tell you that you are not, in fact, a European.

He's more like a Turkish nationalist, but when you tell him that, he backs off and shouts NAH I LIVE IN NORWAY

Offline Landrik

• First Lieutenant
  • Слава Україні!
    • View Profile
    • Infanterie-Regiment 208 (Reenacted)
  • Nick: Landrik
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2013, 11:29:48 pm »
R. Lee Ermey shooting watermelons, kids. That's all there is to it.

They make worse shows on television. But just like any other "comparison" shows on the History Channel, they're typically shit.

A show I do like is "Triggers", which has quite a few of my reenacting friends in them. But I think that's on the Military Channel.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7LtR9ABQvE[/youtube]
Humans are extremely complicated creatures. Death uncomplicates them to a frightening degree...

Offline GoldenEagle

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2013, 08:05:43 am »

He's more like a Turkish nationalist, but when you tell him that, he backs off and shouts NAH I LIVE IN NORWAY

Does that bother you that I also love Norway? Do you want me to be ungratefull that Norwegians accepted my grandfather into their homeland to let him live? Its not easy to live away from my country, but I try my best and Norwegians are really nice people.

BTW: European Elitist? I just wanted to point out that if you aren't American, the 'MURRRICAAA! FUCK YEA stuff would be annoying for you.

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2013, 10:54:12 am »
I find it considerable funny you talk about how hard it is to live in Norway, away from your people, while presumably you and your parents lived your entire life in Norway.

Seriously, whining about how hard it is to live in Norway, compared to Turkey... Have you ever spent more then a holiday in Turkey?