2 (1.8%)
Can't thump the Trump
5 (4.4%)
Can't TRUMP the Trump.
53 (46.5%)
Yes we can!
11 (9.6%)

Total Members Voted: 109

Author Topic: 2016 US Presidential Elections (Now with politics!)  (Read 247652 times)

Offline Gluk the Walrus

• Che Guevara's American Cousin
  • Donator
  • Ex-NANWL Moderator | #RemoveAussies
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gluk The Walrus
  • Side: Union
Re: 2016 US Presidential Elections
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2015, 05:09:11 pm »
I disagree with a lot of Rand's views, but for most of the worst ones he's stated that he won't overrule states decisions regarding those issues. He's anti-marijuana legalization but he supports it for medicinal purposes, which is a good start at least. He's very strongly pro-life but he supports abortion in life threatening situations, and honestly in 2015 public opinion will just override his stance anyway. He's pro 2nd amendment which is good. He's anti gay marriage but he said he won't overrule any states decisions, which is good.

So in short I can't approve of his policies, but as long as he's not too hawkish and aggressive I will support him.
Which is why i say i can stand him. I would prefer someone else but if a republican was going to win, i would want rand paul.
Again though, Bernie Sanders for President 2016!
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 05:25:36 pm by Glukhovsky »

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2015, 05:59:35 pm »

Offline Locust

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2015, 06:10:46 pm »
Rand Paul

Offline Lemon

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oprichnik_Stazher_Sioux
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2015, 06:15:25 pm »
Vermin Supreme

Offline Gluk the Walrus

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2015, 06:17:04 pm »
Marco rubio is just your typical right wing GOP conservative. There is nothing i find interesting about him.

http://www.ontheissues.org/Senate/Marco_Rubio.htm

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2015, 06:31:11 pm »
He's definitely not a typical conservative. Did you watch the interview?

Offline KurassierNixon

• First Lieutenant
  • Nemo me impune lacessit
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Panini
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2015, 06:35:09 pm »
Sure you might not agree with eveything Rand Paul has to say but he is the libertarians' trojan horse. Get Rand in office and get people to realize they don't have to vote for the lesser of two evils. Maybe then we'll see someone like Bernie Sanders run come 2024. If Rand is in office so are libertarians.

Offline Gluk the Walrus

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2015, 06:43:36 pm »
Sure you might not agree with eveything Rand Paul has to say but he is the libertarians' trojan horse. Get Rand in office and get people to realize they don't have to vote for the lesser of two evils. Maybe then we'll see someone like Bernie Sanders run come 2024. If Rand is in office so are libertarians.
2024, you fookin wot m8. Libertarians are fine on social issues which is why i can tolerate the moderate libertarians. Once you get to the Anarcho-Capitalist Libertarians, you lose me. On all economic issues, i despise them. FREE MARKET! PRIVATIZE EVERYTHING! God no. Understand that in a completely Libertarian society, if you can't afford to send your kids to school, they don't get educated. Is that equal opportunity for all? No. But it is libertarian thought. Government = Bad, Capitalism = Good, so by that thought, why not let the capitalist system run schools instead of the government. All schools then become privatized, school would then become too expensive for the lower classes. Without an education, what are these people going to do? They will never be able to rise out of the lower class, that is called oppression my friend. I'm not entirely against capitalism but i'm not entirely for government. There is a role for both capitalism and government in the modern world, we need both. The sooner everyone can agree on that fact, the sooner we can move on.

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2015, 06:45:56 pm »
lol holy shit you understand next to nothing about libertarianism or free market capitalism.

Offline Gluk the Walrus

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2015, 06:47:00 pm »
lol holy shit you understand next to nothing about libertarianism or free market capitalism.
Holy shit, yes i do. I used to be a libertarian. I spent a lot of time reading on the subject. Feel free to explain where i was wrong.

Offline Colonel Howe

• Donator
  • There isn't a noose tight enough
    • View Profile
    • People's History Podcast
  • Nick: Noah
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2015, 06:48:50 pm »
Bernie Mai bae

Eugene V Debs 2.0
Fuck off, Nazi scum

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2015, 06:53:29 pm »
Understand that in a completely Libertarian society, if you can't afford to send your kids to school, they don't get educated.
All schools then become privatized, school would then become too expensive for the lower classes
That isn't how it works. You argue that any education not provided by the government must be 1. expensive, and 2. a paid service. Ridiculous assertion. Anyone wishing to obtain an education for their children can pursue it through any other channel not provided by the government. Lol I can't believe you can say with a straight face that the government is the only body keeping poor people from starving and being completely decrepit.

Libertarians are minarchists. The natural progression from minarchy is anarchy. There's a joke in the ancap community (and probably other anarchist circles) - "What's the difference between a minarchist and an anarchist? Three weeks." - meaning it's nearly impossible for a minarchist to retain his views for very long before taking the dive. That you would support libertarianism but not anarcho-capitalism shows that you probably never actually supported the core principals of libertarianism at all, or at least didn't understand them, as you've already highlighted.

Offline KurassierNixon

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2015, 07:10:34 pm »

+2

Offline Gluk the Walrus

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2015, 07:12:47 pm »
Understand that in a completely Libertarian society, if you can't afford to send your kids to school, they don't get educated.
All schools then become privatized, school would then become too expensive for the lower classes
That isn't how it works. You argue that any education not provided by the government must be 1. expensive, and 2. a paid service. Ridiculous assertion. Anyone wishing to obtain an education for their children can pursue it through any other channel not provided by the government. Lol I can't believe you can say with a straight face that the government is the only body keeping poor people from starving and being completely decrepit.
Then who would pay for it if not the government (via taxes) or by out of pocket? You think education is free? That is a ridiculous assertion. In the long term, the government actually is what's keeping a large portion of the population from starving. The majority of people get their schooling from public education. You need a high school education if you intend to go to college or get a job. So indirectly, yes, the government is what is preventing people from staving if you think about it. Private schools would be expensive, and here is why. The goal of a company is to create maximum profits. If that means that they have to increase the prices on something that everyone needs, they will do that. The goal of a school district is to educate people, there is no profit incentive. That is the Key difference between government programs and private programs. In fact i'm surprised i have to explain this all to you. This is fundamental economics.

Libertarians are minarchists. The natural progression from minarchy is anarchy. There's a joke in the ancap community (and probably other anarchist circles) - "What's the difference between a minarchist and an anarchist? Three weeks." - meaning it's nearly impossible for a minarchist to retain his views for very long before taking the dive. That you would support libertarianism but not anarcho-capitalism shows that you probably never actually supported the core principals of libertarianism at all, or at least didn't understand them, as you've already highlighted.
You are right that they are minarchists, i don't see why any of that is relevant. Yes i USED to be a libertarian (meaning that i am not currently) and as i said, i only support libertarians on SOCIAL issues, not economic.

Offline KurassierNixon

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2015, 07:14:51 pm »
Gluk must be poor lol work harder m8