Author Topic: Ctrl+J For Cav changed  (Read 4731 times)

Offline GoldenEagle

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Abii
  • Side: Union
Re: Ctrl+J For Cav changed
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2013, 09:30:52 am »
CTRL+J doesn't affect gameplay in any way.

What's the purpose to change it as noone barely uses it?

People who play cavalry and play it well use Ctrl+J to rear a horse. It's an effective way to stop a collission, or make a quick pivot.

So you are saying that the Easter Egg which is not even mentioned in the Controls section is used by 'people who play cavalry well' to make a quick pivot? 'People who play cavalry well' STOP to turn around? Believe me you didn't face people who play cavalry well....

I have been playing cavalry for over 4 years now I might tell that I never used it in combat, simply because it makes me vulnerable for a couple of seconds.

Bro, do you even cav?

Offline Angelus Lapsus Revan

• Private
  • Making Infantry Regiments rage quit since MM!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Bruhlan_Lt_Revan
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2013, 09:39:37 am »
CTRL+J doesn't affect gameplay in any way.

What's the purpose to change it as noone barely uses it?

People who play cavalry and play it well use Ctrl+J to rear a horse. It's an effective way to stop a collission, or make a quick pivot.

So you are saying that the Easter Egg which is not even mentioned in the Controls section is used by 'people who play cavalry well' to make a quick pivot? 'People who play cavalry well' STOP to turn around? Believe me you didn't face people who play cavalry well....

I have been playing cavalry for over 4 years now I might tell that I never used it in combat, simply because it makes me vulnerable for a couple of seconds.

Bro, do you even cav?
+1
5arge, not a God damn idiot.

Offline Smithy91

• First Sergeant
  • Bruhlan Commander "Earn the Right."
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Smithy
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2013, 01:36:21 am »
I find that using the Ctrl + J function to stop, and swipe across your body bags me a few kills, nearly no one expects it, and if they are close bdhind you and slightly to the side, you'll hit / kill them easily.

Would be real useful to have it as something else though, was thinking on asking about it myself. Ctrl J is too complicated in a cav fight imo :)

-Smithy

Offline myrtle

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: St Ralf the Liar
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2013, 01:49:24 pm »
and then you get the lancer that ctrl-js you and its bye bye keyboard
Hi

Offline TheZach_Attack

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Zach_Attack
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2013, 01:57:13 pm »
I've been using ctrl+j for 3 years+ but I do wish they put it in the Control Sevtion so you could edit it.