Author Topic: Hacking investigation: A cautionary tale of idiocy & delusions  (Read 9600 times)

Offline Eamon

• Major
  • LtCol of the 15th_YR
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Irish
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: Hacking investigation: A cautionary tale of idiocy & delusions
« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2019, 01:13:38 pm »
I use process hacker instead of task manager ALRIGHT I SAID IT FFS

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
  • Fidelitate et Honore | Fake Hype King
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Tardet
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2019, 01:24:01 pm »

You disgust me.
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often.

Offline Eamon

• Major
  • LtCol of the 15th_YR
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Irish
« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2019, 01:32:32 pm »

You disgust me.

:(

Offline Zappy

• Second Lieutenant
  • AT LEAST 86
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Zappy
« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2019, 06:39:24 pm »

You disgust me.

:(
I need to withdraw your WinRAR license sir

Offline Risk_

• Major General
  • chris knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2019, 11:41:00 pm »
Speaking from a personal standpoint, not as a moderator -

What's the point of all this fuss, when at the end of the day, who really cares if someone used cheats in the past? As far as I understand, there was no important match result that was impacted by individuals performing extraordinarily. Why the fuss, if there is no certain tournament/match that is believed to have been ruined by cheating? There's no solid evidence of anyone even using hacks, and considering the way M&B is, it'll also be very hard to find solid evidence of someone cheating.

Good thing that people want to work against hacking/cheating in NW, but instead of going on witch hunts with accusations against individuals about actions they may or may not have done in the past, create measures to prevent people from using cheats in present and future tournaments.

Yeah I agree. I don't doubt that there are cheaters in the game. I tried talking to Vince (about a year ago) about making an anti-cheat for the game but he says it isn't possible with a lot of factors involved.

Offline Zappy

• Second Lieutenant
  • AT LEAST 86
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2019, 01:28:59 am »

What's the point of all this fuss, when at the end of the day, who really cares if someone used cheats in the past? As far as I understand, there was no important match result that was impacted by individuals performing extraordinarily. Why the fuss, if there is no certain tournament/match that is believed to have been ruined by cheating? There's no solid evidence of anyone even using hacks, and considering the way M&B is, it'll also be very hard to find solid evidence of someone cheating.

Good thing that people want to work against hacking/cheating in NW, but instead of going on witch hunts with accusations against individuals about actions they may or may not have done in the past, create measures to prevent people from using cheats in present and future tournaments.

Yeah I agree. I don't doubt that there are cheaters in the game. I tried talking to Vince (about a year ago) about making an anti-cheat for the game but he says it isn't possible with a lot of factors involved.
The only ones that have been tried out give out too many false positives

Offline Stroke0fd34th

• Major General
  • Luck is for people who are too lazy to train
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Godfreid
« Reply #36 on: July 19, 2019, 01:57:09 am »

The only ones that have been tried out give out too many false positives

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Fartknocker
« Reply #37 on: July 19, 2019, 04:05:58 am »
We need to find a new witch hunt to keep the forums going. Someone make an accusation.
63e pawn in an anti-63e world.

Offline Risk_

• Major General
  • chris knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 19, 2019, 08:19:01 am »
We need to find a new witch hunt to keep the forums going. Someone make an accusation.

Karth was a autoblocker and had autohillcamp

discuss

Offline Godsworn Alexiel

• Corporal
  • peepochrist
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 19, 2019, 06:27:01 pm »

discuss

Karth was definitely an autohillcamper

One thing people don’t know about the 63e is that Karth took advantage of a member who was rich and special ed to power his regiment. There was an autistic/special ed European guy named Craig who powered the 63e with thousands of dollars. Karth then essentially catered to him and let him play whatever whenever and when Craig didn’t like a decision Karth was gonna make, he would threaten to stop funding 63e (this didn’t happen that often) and Karth would change his mind.
i can deadlift 700 pounds

chadlite in training

Offline NickyJ

• Major General
  • The Twilight Zone
    • View Profile
  • Nick: LIR_Lieut_NickyJ
« Reply #40 on: July 19, 2019, 08:04:51 pm »

discuss

One thing people don’t know about the 63e is that Karth took advantage of a member who was rich and special ed to power his regiment. There was an autistic/special ed European guy named Craig who powered the 63e with thousands of dollars. Karth then essentially catered to him and let him play whatever whenever and when Craig didn’t like a decision Karth was gonna make, he would threaten to stop funding 63e (this didn’t happen that often) and Karth would change his mind.
It didn't happen often because Tavington didn't stay up that late for NA events very often.

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 20, 2019, 12:56:38 am »

discuss

Don't disrespect Craig like that lmaoooo. He had some kinda degenerative disease I think. He would shove money into our servers, teamspeak, website, etc. He used to never get much special treatment but eventually it added up and he got an NCO rank and got on everyone's nerves.

Offline Zappy

• Second Lieutenant
  • AT LEAST 86
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 20, 2019, 01:04:23 am »

discuss

Don't disrespect Craig like that lmaoooo. He had some kinda degenerative disease I think. He would shove money into our servers, teamspeak, website, etc. He used to never get much special treatment but eventually it added up and he got an NCO rank and got on everyone's nerves.
I was craig's mortal enemy

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 20, 2019, 03:14:38 am »

discuss

You had a lot of enemies in the 63e lmao

Offline Zappy

• Second Lieutenant
  • AT LEAST 86
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 20, 2019, 03:34:18 am »

discuss

You had a lot of enemies in the 63e lmao
Craig had a vendetta tho