Author Topic: NA Representative Thread (April to May) - Mack Takeover  (Read 12022 times)

Lawbringer

Re: NA Representative Thread - *New Update* [2]
« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2016, 08:01:03 am »
Why I think there can be no such thing as a casual 1v1 league (w/o trolling or degeneracy) is due to the nature of regiments in general when participating in 1v1s or the competitive scene.

Regiments will want to beat the others, so they will take it seriously. It then escalates on both sides until it basically reaches the salt levels and shitposts that they always result in. It can be seen in almost all of the "Unofficial" matches conducted in the community. One side always gets mad or thinks they should have done a lot better. No matter what, people will take the matches super seriously, therefore just generating another competitive league. The only difference is it claims to be a "casual" league. Another evidence point is the PUGs. PUGs were initially created just for fun and to obtain a tournament style simulation. People take that PUG shit so seriously I cannot even start. Even when random players are thrown together it gets overly competitive. Even if the PUG format was transferred into a 1v1 line battle format, it would still reap the same level of salt and competitiveness.

Literally the only time people don't take things seriously

is when they be trollin

Offline GeneralSquirts

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • some pleb
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2016, 10:52:17 am »
The PUGs are the least thing from being serious and competitive. If anything it's just that, casual. I've been to a good number and they were never taken serious to the extent that you are referencing. I mean at one set of PUGs BabyJ and Jackie went on a holy hand grenade spree. Lol.

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2016, 12:17:11 pm »
The PUGs are the least thing from being serious and competitive. If anything it's just that, casual. I've been to a good number and they were never taken serious to the extent that you are referencing. I mean at one set of PUGs BabyJ and Jackie went on a holy hand grenade spree. Lol.
that was before the round started tho. Once it starts, I actually take the pugs pretty seriously. I play the pugs to get better. If you don't try/take them seriously then you won't get better. One of the reasons I stopped going to them as often was because they aren't taken as seriously. All it was last time I went was people spamming soundboards.
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2016, 07:11:55 pm »
We tried a PUG 1v1 last night.
It didn't work.

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline GeneralSquirts

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • some pleb
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2016, 08:18:29 pm »
that was before the round started tho. Once it starts, I actually take the pugs pretty seriously. I play the pugs to get better. If you don't try/take them seriously then you won't get better. One of the reasons I stopped going to them as often was because they aren't taken as seriously. All it was last time I went was people spamming soundboards.

They were in the middle of rounds being played younglin

Offline BabyJesus

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2016, 08:23:19 pm »

They were in the middle of rounds being played younglin
i know I wouldn't do that because then I would lose my admin powers which I don't think I'm even supposed to have. The only time I would throw holy hand grenades is when we are waiting for people to join the server and it's not actually live. Literally the only time.
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)

Offline BabyJesus

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 17, 2016, 11:45:48 pm »
-rep

June is part of the 63e conspiracy

Offline Bravescot

• The WoR Avatar Guy
  • Donator
  • The rank icon guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 18, 2016, 09:34:02 pm »
I hope it was one of you two reps who got Macca banned! Thank god for that!

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #38 on: March 18, 2016, 09:58:08 pm »
It wasn't. That was all me. And it's a temporary ban.

Offline Bravescot

• The WoR Avatar Guy
  • Donator
  • The rank icon guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 19, 2016, 09:42:20 am »
It wasn't. That was all me. And it's a temporary ban.
Nnnnnnnoooooooo

Offline Dazzer

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 19, 2016, 09:43:50 am »
Is Chantakey banned forever?

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 19, 2016, 10:03:37 am »
Yes.

Offline AP0CALYPS3

• Colonel
  • Luck is for Risk because he is bad at SMITE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Memefried
« Reply #42 on: March 23, 2016, 03:59:52 am »
Alright, 1/3rd of the community is muted

Alex was banned

Our community lists were moved to the mess hall

JUNE HALP

Offline Rutger Müller

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Ryu? | Fancy?? | Rutger???
« Reply #43 on: March 23, 2016, 05:30:39 pm »
June please if there was ever a time to prove you're not one of them and just the same old shit that fse mods usuall shell out now is the time to stand up and speak for those who now have no voice

Also, Duuring sucks.... dicks that is

Offline Blaze

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Blaze
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #44 on: April 03, 2016, 02:54:32 pm »
[5th] alax has changed their name to I give up fuck this.
Blaze has a small peepee, but atleast he doesn't ban me like a manchild