Author Topic: Ckne's Tournament Mapping Contributions  (Read 5129 times)

Offline Moi~

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Verm2 god
  • Side: Neutral
Ckne's Tournament Mapping Contributions
« on: October 25, 2021, 03:15:59 pm »
Hey look at that it's tournament maps

WIP but I'll throw these around for now

Napoleonic Wars World Cup 2023 [7v7]
Spoiler

[close]

Napoleonic Wars World Cup 2022 [7v7]
Spoiler

[close]

European Groupfighting Series - Season 3 [5v5, 6v6 & 7v7]
Spoiler

[close]

NWECT 2017 + 7th & 8th Regimental Groupfighting Tournament [7v7 & 10v10]
Spoiler
[close]

9th & 10th Regimental Groupfighting Tournament [10v10]
Spoiler
[close]

European Draft League
Spoiler

[close]

European Fantasy League
Spoiler
[close]

M. League [5v5]
Spoiler
[close]

(Reenactment) NWECT 2013
Spoiler
[close]

Team ESP GF map [7v7]
Spoiler
[close]

(Unused) K-KA Internal Tournament [5v5]
Spoiler
[close]

(Unused) Duel League Arena
Spoiler
[close]

Ye they're mine btw
« Last Edit: May 06, 2023, 01:58:31 pm by Moi~ »
padawan should replace chicken as captain, he has every ability a true leader should possess, a good voice, skill, experience & dedication. Padawan has all of these things and the only reason he wasn't allowed into team spain was cause chicken was afraid of him since he truly knew how much of a danger padawan could be to his spot.
padawan is no padawan any longer, he is a MASTER now and i would be AFRAID to fight him with team NL since he can 1v10 us easily!
#justice4padawan

Offline Moi~

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Ckne's Tournament Mapping Contributions
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2021, 03:17:04 pm »
Reserved

Yeah I love columns and anything that adds verticality and just makes them more linear, opposed to other distracting, fps consuming decorations.

I'm putting this up for other people to try and get into this craft, using these works as a reference. I got into it after a solid couple years (2015-2017) of people using the same ONE map for every single tournament. This modality is simple and can be very aesthetic, quite different from event or casual server maps. It's also helpful for people like me who are not really as creative as other mapmakers in this community and don't want to invest weeks into a single map. Regardless it poses many unusual obstacles because of the technical limitations, but it's all worth for the satisfaction of hitting the nail doing something hundreds of people will enjoy and use extensively To ace a tournament map is to set the canon for the competitions themselves and give them personality

I'll also talk about other people's maps if I deem interesting. Since I work by commisions I do not post download links for past tournament works but I can still consider it if you DM me. Unused maps are usually fine to be delivered.

Btw I've been resurrected to make the maps for Season 3 of the EGS following up on Python's fine works. They'll be debutting in about two weeks  :-*
« Last Edit: November 05, 2021, 04:19:36 pm by Moi~ »
padawan should replace chicken as captain, he has every ability a true leader should possess, a good voice, skill, experience & dedication. Padawan has all of these things and the only reason he wasn't allowed into team spain was cause chicken was afraid of him since he truly knew how much of a danger padawan could be to his spot.
padawan is no padawan any longer, he is a MASTER now and i would be AFRAID to fight him with team NL since he can 1v10 us easily!
#justice4padawan

Offline Moi~

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2021, 04:04:49 am »
Man I REALLY liked this RGL map from 2014-2015 but haven't seen it ever since, I may be remaking it myself
Spoiler
[close]
shameless tripleposting
#justice4padawan

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2021, 06:55:11 am »
Last time I saw that RGL map it was used for NARGL in like 2016/2017 I forgot exactly when

Mr Chicken always makes nice maps when Chriseh needs them <3
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline Moi~

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2021, 03:27:28 pm »
Last time I saw that RGL map it was used for NARGL in like 2016/2017 I forgot exactly when

Mr Chicken always makes nice maps when Chriseh needs them <3
I don't think I'll find it lol and yup I'm happy to deliver  Mr Chriseh :-*
#justice4padawan

Offline Moi~

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2021, 09:09:06 pm »
not me finding out how aesthetically pleasing this thing is thus adding it to every map I've recently made
[close]
Tip of the day if you have made several maps try create your own signatures. Not using the word style because everyone already has preferences you can denote as a style. But having common icons and a sense of similarity between your maps will help people recognise your work and increase the end quality. It's where patterns actually matter e.g. add a giant mecha optimus prime to your maps and people will easily know you for the cool big robots. It's easy to say for me (I place chickens around, get it???) but repetition of anything cool is the key, and the more of these patterns the better. At the end of the day it's so much more welcoming to be recognised for a couple, well placed objects than by stamping your name in a big surface (don't do this it's cringe)
#justice4padawan

Offline Kore

• The Sideblock King
  • Major General
  • Best Czech player on the Moon. uaa
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oubliette*******
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2021, 09:48:07 pm »
i swear i remember the duel league arena being used at some point
One of the best side blockers in the game. Often reffered as 'the Sideblock King'.

Offline John Price

• General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2021, 09:49:50 pm »
I remember playing on it quite a few times but I don't remember ever seeing it in a tourney

Offline Moi~

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2021, 12:54:21 am »
Hahahahaha

Actually the one I posted here is not the legendary %u010CIKORE 2015 tournament one but a later work. Our map isn't listed because I lost the files T_T
I remember playing on it quite a few times but I don't remember ever seeing it in a tourney
I think I once added this map to the 15th YR server back then, could be that

people won't know the maths I do to keep proportion/symetry and calculate distance all across every single prop of the map
[close]
« Last Edit: November 17, 2021, 06:28:32 pm by Moi~ »
#justice4padawan

Nock

« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2021, 08:54:34 pm »

i remember a loooong time ago, we used to play this map in jedimasters but like several years ago

Offline Moi~

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2021, 06:50:44 am »
Pro-gamer tip always test your maps with a friendly gf before a tournament or else you'll be a clown like me I can only remove about half the bushes of the 6v6 map before it looks barren ffs
#justice4padawan

BlitzkriegMBNW

« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2021, 06:53:55 am »
Pro-gamer tip always test your maps with a friendly gf before a tournament or else you'll be a clown like me I can only remove about half the bushes of the 6v6 map before it looks barren ffs
Honestly the map looked amazing, I only heard from some people about apparent lag spikes whenever they looked into the middle of the map.

Offline John Price

• General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2021, 04:00:56 pm »
Unfortunately its impossible to make people happy when it comes to FPS on maps lol

My favourite was NWWC...2018? Where there were 3 identical maps except they were on different biomes. The russians/turks who usually complained about not playing on desert complained when they did't play on the map with all the bushes...

BlitzkriegMBNW

« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2021, 04:03:04 pm »
All complaints I heard was before any matches were even played

Offline Moi~

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2021, 05:08:14 pm »
Super excited for tomorrow's EGS 7v7. Just finished adjusting the arena sizes from various opinions so hopefully it will be perfect. The only way to move around is using trap doors and there's 120 (!!) of them, I don't even remember ever seeing this concept used for a big tournament map! Plus going crazy with the amount of water and mountain textures on which I refused to compromise, so any FPS complains are going straight to the trash can!!!

Spoiler
[close]
« Last Edit: December 04, 2021, 05:16:53 pm by Moi~ »
#justice4padawan