Author Topic: Event Ideas  (Read 4989 times)

Offline JollyCanadian

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • I fucking got out bitches | 84th Geezer | 2929
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Event Ideas
« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2020, 02:42:20 am »
regimental 4v4
Regimental 2v2/3v3 I enjoy the ones we do on EU and thoug it'd be neat
5x NACR Elect | Current: Glenn's Husband|ex- 84th/15e/17th/30th(OG)/USMC/58e/26e/

Offline [Stryker]

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 92nd CSjt
    • View Profile
    • My Yt Channel
  • Nick: Stryker
  • Side: Union
« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2020, 03:39:08 am »
Block Circle Tournament

Offline Ultra Leaf

• Sergeant Major
  • NW official administrator/ Bad Speller
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1LH/Opr_Ultra_Leaf
« Reply #32 on: October 31, 2020, 03:53:01 am »
4v4 Cav tournament

Offline JollyCanadian

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 01, 2020, 07:44:16 am »
4v4 Cav tournament
You are the cav tourney master. Also 4v4 sound tough and fun ;D
5x NACR Elect | Current: Glenn's Husband|ex- 84th/15e/17th/30th(OG)/USMC/58e/26e/

Offline ~Midnight~

• Major General
  • bring back historical names
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oprichnik | 18e
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #34 on: November 01, 2020, 08:10:20 am »
4v4 Cav tournament

Offline [Stryker]

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 92nd CSjt
    • View Profile
    • My Yt Channel
« Reply #35 on: November 01, 2020, 08:44:38 am »
4v4 Cav tournament
Can't wait for the old gen cav people to come outta nowhere

Offline PapaBean

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Just in case I don’t see ya…
    • View Profile
  • Nick: We out
« Reply #36 on: November 01, 2020, 09:03:24 pm »
Capture the flag-Melee only

The idea would be to have 2-4 Regiments go against each other to capture the others flag.  However instead of using the ctf game mode I would suggest we use TDM.  You have one person on each team go flag bearer.  On the map itself you would have circles or squares that would act as a goal area.  So example: The 15th would have to capture the 84th flag and bring it to the designated area in order to score a point.  The flag bearer, if they lost the flag, would have to go ranker unit until the flag was recovered or the opposite team scored. 

Elimination- One shot, melee only

This idea is meant to expand groups ability to work together.  The goal here is eliminate the other team in a best of 15 (Same as the groupfights we do now).  On the maps box's with Muskets would be spawned.  Because of this being in groupfight mode each person would have a single shot.  The team that eliminates the other one wins the round. 

Other ideas
-Doing a groupfight tourney on city map
-Doing a regimental 1v1 league would be interesting to see, however the community as of right now has about 15 regiments that do events.  Of those 15, 5-6 of them do comp stuff.  So you would have to appeal to the casual scene.
-Paintball is always fun too.

Food for thought though.

Offline JollyCanadian

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 02, 2020, 01:07:51 am »
Capture the flag-Melee only

The idea would be to have 2-4 Regiments go against each other to capture the others flag.  However instead of using the ctf game mode I would suggest we use TDM.  You have one person on each team go flag bearer.  On the map itself you would have circles or squares that would act as a goal area.  So example: The 15th would have to capture the 84th flag and bring it to the designated area in order to score a point.  The flag bearer, if they lost the flag, would have to go ranker unit until the flag was recovered or the opposite team scored. 

Elimination- One shot, melee only

This idea is meant to expand groups ability to work together.  The goal here is eliminate the other team in a best of 15 (Same as the groupfights we do now).  On the maps box's with Muskets would be spawned.  Because of this being in groupfight mode each person would have a single shot.  The team that eliminates the other one wins the round. 

Other ideas
-Doing a groupfight tourney on city map
-Doing a regimental 1v1 league would be interesting to see, however the community as of right now has about 15 regiments that do events.  Of those 15, 5-6 of them do comp stuff.  So you would have to appeal to the casual scene.
-Paintball is always fun too.

Food for thought though.
More of less the clan wars league minus the flag. We'll probably do that after NADL, not sure when we'll do it but we do want to :D

Offline Ultra Leaf

• Sergeant Major
  • NW official administrator/ Bad Speller
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1LH/Opr_Ultra_Leaf
« Reply #38 on: November 02, 2020, 01:21:00 am »
4v4 Cav tournament
Can't wait for the old gen cav people to come outta nowhere
They Travel In packs

Offline [Stryker]

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 92nd CSjt
    • View Profile
    • My Yt Channel
« Reply #39 on: December 02, 2020, 01:40:38 am »
Persistent 4v4 groupfight teams

Offline Pickle

• Major
  • Old-timer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: SoaR-Pickle
« Reply #40 on: December 02, 2020, 08:52:51 pm »
super wacky pickle idea event incoming:

ok this is my wackiest idea to date, ready so 2 coaches/captains and 2 assistant coaches/captains are picked then they DRAFT (cuz draft tourneys are super trendy rn) players compiling their 2 teams(yes only TWO teams). one day event sorta like a regimental gf but draft. ok now I add in another wacky twist cuz why not, each team has an A Squad and a B Squad so the A's fight each other and B's fight each other

very raw very little thought has gone into this

Offline Risk_

• Major General
  • chris knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 21, 2020, 02:53:01 am »
been working on a league for a couple of months now that is formatted like the csgo and LoL comp scene. It would have at least 2 gfing leagues (a preliminary/split league and a championship) and tournaments that would probably take 3-4 months. It could also be 6-8 months with an extra league and more tournaments, but I figure this is too long for the first time; and if this is a hit, we can do more and make it longer in the future. I think the best way is to have premade gfing teams, which I know sways a lot of people away from it for their own reasons. So there might be lack of teams which would make the league very hard to run with only a handful of teams. Ideally, 8 at the minimum is what I would look for and this will probably be 5v5 (1-2 subs) or 4v4 (1 sub).

thoughts/feedback/would you make or be on a team?

edit-
one last thing, also in works of getting large prize pool. would be $250 at a minimum with hope of getting it to $500

Spoiler
I didn't want to write an essay on how the league would be so there is a lot more detailed info that I have; with a thread and ruleset essentially completed. nothing is finalized and not 100% sure I will do it, but if you want more in depth details or have input/feedback feel free to pm or add me.
[close]
« Last Edit: December 21, 2020, 03:00:47 am by Risk_ »

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #42 on: December 21, 2020, 04:01:20 am »
A long term league would be super cool. I'd like that. Premade teams are the way to go for that - but do public signups and then let people sign up premades with those signed up players

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline JollyCanadian

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 21, 2020, 06:04:30 pm »
I know Risk has it all planned out and we talked about it before. I love the idea of it & my only conern was that people may lose interest over time. That being said considering we're turing into an age of groupfighting teams and leaving regiment leagues behind at the moment this format will most likely work well. I think having a short time frame will work best with NA 3-4 month probably.

Let people make their teams with whoever & see what happens, already out of the teams that have been made they're pretty fair-ish.

Get that thread out and lets see it!

Offline Risk_

• Major General
  • chris knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 22, 2020, 03:20:17 am »
A long term league would be super cool. I'd like that. Premade teams are the way to go for that - but do public signups and then let people sign up premades with those signed up players

interesting idea. why not just let the pool be anyone who wants to play and people can just make teams off of that? The good thing I see from it is that it shows people the player pool and it may make more people proactive in making teams. But having that extra step when a lot of people just plan to make certain teams anyway may be a bit pointless for some.

I know Risk has it all planned out and we talked about it before. I love the idea of it & my only conern was that people may lose interest over time. That being said considering we're turing into an age of groupfighting teams and leaving regiment leagues behind at the moment this format will most likely work well. I think having a short time frame will work best with NA 3-4 month probably.

Let people make their teams with whoever & see what happens, already out of the teams that have been made they're pretty fair-ish.

Get that thread out and lets see it!

To avoid people losing interest, there will be quite a bit of events. Again, 2 gfing leagues and "one day" tournaments with a ranking system (based on performances) throughout the entire season. The tournaments are going to be in between the 2 leagues so teams can stay active, keep scrimming, and improving even when there isn't a major league going on in the season. I plan to have something every week or 2 at the least so it stays active. And obviously when the leagues are going, there are matches to do so that will be the main priority.

I do think having gfing teams can be better for the community. I really think regiments and 1v1s are becoming a thing of the past for the competitive community. I think everyone wants to melee and compete at a high level; at least I do.

probably won't see anything too exciting until January.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2020, 03:23:18 am by Risk_ »