The Lounge > Historical Discussion

Which nations are the worst at fighting wars?

<< < (2/85) > >>

Turin Turambar:
German people have the same language and culture since hundreds of years ago like France, Russia or England. The German word Deutsch means btw "belonging to the nation".

Bolivia was inhabited by natives until the Spanish arrived. Now the country has 36 different languages and 40 different ethnic groups.

But this topic is about the noobs of war.

Duuring:
You don't have to be of the same culture, language or ethic group to form a nation. While it's true that most nations are built around a certain ethical group wishing to form a nation, this isn't the definition of a nation. By that definition, my country isn't a nation because we have 2 official languages.

Turin Turambar:

--- Quote from: Wikipedia ---Nation has various meanings, and the meaning has changed over time. The concept of "nation" is related to "ethnic community" or ethnie.
--- End quote ---

A nation is not really bound to a country. But there are different ways you could understand it. In my opinion the Dutch are a nation and Bolivia isn't.

Bob_The_Drunken_Villager:
Maybe he's talkin' about the napoleonic times?
I'll say (my opinion)

1.Italy
2.Ottoman Empire
3.Austria
4.Spain
5. -

I don't even know a 5th one. Except these all fought well I'll guess.  ::) ;D

MR_Cheath:
This thread needs a poll on "Is Italy the worst military power: yes or no?".
Id say yes for being a traitor and a failure in both world wars + they lost to Ethiopia....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version