kpetschulat:

--- Quote from: TheZach_Attack on December 26, 2012, 03:54:47 pm ---
--- Quote from: michaelroelant on December 26, 2012, 02:04:53 pm ---hannibal

for getting his army to Rome
and causing alot of damage

also becaus he took a dangerous trip to the Alpes
to reach Rome

--- End quote ---
Hannibal knew how to gain a Victory but not how to use it.
-A quote from one of his brothers in think

--- End quote ---

+1 And yes, it is from his Brother Baraka or something.

Pinkknight:
Mine is Charles the 12th (Karl den tolfte) because he stood up against several enemies at once at a very young age. + he is Swedish C:.

KillerMongoose:
Prince of Orange
Hannibal
Napoleon
Robert E. Lee
King Henry V
(There are more but I'll post them later)

Jefferson:
Lieutenant General Harry Smith is somebody that I've been reading about recently. He seems to have been a talanted commander of light troops, and boldly intelligent in tricking much superior enemy forces into thinking that they were outnumbered and had to retreat, (I've only read about his time in the Peninsular so far).

KillerMongoose:
I think the important question to ask yourself when determining if someone is a good leader is what makes a good leader? I think a leader needs to give you a reason to fight and he needs to make you love success more than you value your safety but he must also know when to live to fight another day. Leaders must inspire confidence and assure his men that they can win. There's a quote, it says "a good leader sees a chance for victory in almost every situation but knows when victory is impossible." Dead men may be brave but they're just that... dead. They've used up all of their usefulness now they're not worth anything but stories. And a leader must know what to do with defeat. He must be able to either get his forces to a position of safety, rendezvous with reinforcements, or rally his forces to go and fight again. And a leader needs to have flexible tactics, he should also listen to the advice of others, a leader should accept that he can never know all of the answers and make the best of what he has at his disposal.A leader's men need to know that they can trust him and have faith in him and his ability.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version