Author Topic: Auto Admin: The end of FOL and Rambo. (Includes ID checker)  (Read 7740 times)

Offline Hatman

• Private
  • Engineer in training...
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Auto Admin: The end of FOL and Rambo. (Includes ID checker)
« on: September 16, 2017, 12:28:08 pm »
Updated for the New Patch 1.21

This is a mod for vanilla NW servers that can be used to auto-slay FOL, and revive any players unjustly killed by Rambos.
The latest update has also added the ability for admins to view a player's unique ID.

I've decided to put my auto-admin server mods on the forum in case anyone, like the OC communities, has trouble with keeping people following the rules during events.
The intent of this mod is to allow for a much more even and unbiased playing field during events, where the rules are not upheld by fallible player admins but the server itself.
Thats not to say player admins aren't needed anymore, just that all the little FOLs and the like that usually go unnoticed in the chaos of battle are properly dealt with and the victims revived/healed.

The ruleset upheld by the auto admin is the standard one used by the MOV Oceanic community, but can be adapted to almost any ruleset. Its mostly just about defining the spacing between players allowed when they fire in different situations. For example, line infantry must be shoulder to shoulder, skirmishers and artillery crew may use 5 man spacing, mounted cavalry likewise. The limits of rambo are also defined (as 25m) and so attempting to attack an enemy player outside this distance from friendlies will be prevented.

In most cases, anyone hurt by a FOL or Rambo player will be healed/revived. A manual revive button is also included.

Teamkilling when no enemies are nearby will also be judged as intentional and will result in punishment for the team damaging player and a heal/revive for the hurt friendly player.

This Mod is designed for Battle mode but should work in all the other modes as well.

Below is the full details as included in the mod itself:

=========AUTO ADMIN==========

Copy all files into your server's Napoleonic Wars module folder and override.
If you wish only to use the auto-FOL-slay function, only copy all files but the mission_templates.txt. (may cause a few serverside error messages but won't cause any issues.)

To enable the auto-admin/auto-FOL-slay, set the vote poll threshhold to 54%.

The auto admin can be set to passive mode (vote poll 53%) that will not punish FOL with a slay or rambo with damage and simply revive victims.

The temp ban button in the admin panel now displays the unique ID of the player selected to the admin pressing it. It does this by displaying the default welcome message that that player would recieve which includes their ID.)

RULES:
Auto admin enforces these rules to the letter. It automatically deactivates when there are 3 or less players alive on either team.

Any admin weapon or artillery damge is exempt from the following rules.

FOL:
-When any ranged weapon is fired, (excluding pistols and bottles) spacing to friendly players is checked.
-If the shooting player is a skirmisher, artilley crew (incl. sapper) or mounted cavalry the allowed spacing is 6 meters.
-If the shooting player is none of the above the spacing is 1.8 meters. (This is a curtesy to allow for people dying during a volley.)
-If no friendly player is found within the spacing, the shooter is considered as firing out of line (FOL), is slain, and a message is displayed.
-Anyone shot by a FOL player will be healed/revived as neccessary and a clang sound is played at the location of the shooter to indicate this.

RAMBO:
-When a melee attack hits, spacing to friendly players (alive or died within the last 30 seconds) is checked.
-If the attacker is mounted and attacking another mounted player, the spacing is 40 meters.
-Otherwise the spacing is 25 meters.
-If no friendly player is found within the spacing, the attacker is considered rambo.
-The rambo attacker takes 45 damage, the victim is healed/revived, and a clang is played at the attackers location to indicate this.

TK:
-When any friendly player takes team damage, spacing is checked from this player to the nearest enemy player.
-If no enemy is found within 25 meters of the damaged player, the team damage is considered intentional.
-The attacking player takes 45 damage, the team damaged player is healed/revived, and a clang sound is played at the attacker's location to indicate this.

If you have any questions, bug reports or feedback please contact me as I am constantly trying to improve this mod.

« Last Edit: October 26, 2018, 10:09:13 am by Hatman »

Offline Jammo

• First Lieutenant
  • 91st Lt Col | 17e Maj | Power Ranger | FFE |
    • View Profile
Re: Auto Admin and Revive
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2017, 12:52:53 am »
 ???

Offline Knightmare

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2017, 02:05:10 am »
How would you 'revive' a person?

Offline Hatman

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2017, 03:36:54 am »

The revive essentially Respawn the dead player and teleport them to where they were killed. This can happen automatically if they were Rambo-ed or FOL-ed or manually with the temp ban button .

Offline Siwi

• Donator
  • Where is BCoF
    • View Profile
  • Nick: -|- Where is BCoF -|-
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2017, 06:18:20 am »
this already exists on some NA servers. Thunderstormer wrote a script to do it
Quote from: George W. Bush on 9/11
Battle Cry of Freedom was an inside job
NW Leaderboards
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
NA_Groupfighting

Check out the site

Offline Ted

• Colonel
  • Aufknöpfen!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2017, 09:40:10 am »
RAMBO:
-When a melee attack hits, spacing to friendly players (alive or died within the last 30 seconds) is checked.
-If the attacker is mounted and attacking another mounted player, the spacing is 40 meters.
-If no friendly player is found within the spacing, the attacker is considered rambo.
-The rambo attacker takes 45 damage, the victim is healed/revived, and a clang is played at the attackers location to indicate this.

So if you're the last one alive of your line you'll automatically die after 30secs while defending yourself? lmao
Dat kid who put up a global banlist back in Betty's times.
Former Regiments: 7te Kurmarkische Landwehr, 6te Ulanen, kk Kürassierregiment Nr.4, kk Bombardier-Regiment Nr.3, kk AR Nr.2, GGR Nr.4, Artillerie im Kö.Preuß.IR Nr.33.
>>Scenes<<

Offline Hatman

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2017, 11:35:41 pm »
RAMBO:

So if you're the last one alive of your line you'll automatically die after 30secs while defending yourself? lmao

That's correct,  this encourages players whose line has been destroyed to retreat to a friendly line instead of "continuing the charge". The 30 seconds is because thats how long it takes for a dead players agent to be cleaned up,  same as with the revive button. After that time,  all record of that players agent is erased.

Offline Hatman

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2018, 05:45:14 am »
Auto admin will be updated for the new patch very soon.

Offline Hatman

• Private
    • View Profile
Updated for the new patch.

New features include an ID checker and a tweak to the now vanilla revive button that respawns a player where they died instead of back at their spawn point.

Can use the Anti-FOL alone instead of the both it and the anti-Rambo by not copying in mission_templates.txt.

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile

New features include an ID checker and a tweak to the now vanilla revive button that respawns a player where they died instead of back at their spawn point.

Can use the Anti-FOL alone instead of the both it and the anti-Rambo by not copying in mission_templates.txt.
spawn player spawns them back at their original spawn point while revive spawns them where they died in vanilla.
Should you need to talk to me regarding NA1 or or something regarding admining or the admins, PM me here on the forums and not on steam.  *

*This does not include Official Server Admins.

Offline tired

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [BBG] tired
Will this work with Commander battle you think? compatible with the Anti-Rambo option in the patch for Commander Battle? and can you add me on steam? BBG Tired

Offline Hatman

• Private
    • View Profile

spawn player spawns them back at their original spawn point while revive spawns them where they died in vanilla.
Ah,  I see.  It would seem my old revive system must have overridden the new one in the update. Regardless the revive from the menu and revive from being FOLed/Ramboed should work essentially the same now.

Offline Hatman

• Private
    • View Profile
Will this work with Commander battle you think? compatible with the Anti-Rambo option in the patch for Commander Battle? and can you add me on steam? BBG Tired

For commander battle, since the new patch stops Rambo and infantry lines spreading,  I imagine you only need the anti-FOL measures to stop players shooting out of line?
I'm not sure it would work, the script only is designed to ignore bots FOLing or being FOLed when it comes to punishment and/or revive. It would still check the player list for player FOL spacing but I'm not sure if the server treats bots as players,  I'll have to check.
Added you on steam if you want to chat more about it.

Offline Ibrahim Pasha

• Second Lieutenant
  • 98° Reggimento Sottotenente
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 98e[HQ]_STen_Ibrahim_PASHA
  • Side: Union
Re: Auto Admin: The end of FOL and Rambo. (Includes ID checker)
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2018, 11:40:21 am »
Can you add this feature;
You can lock a team for specific IDs, other players cant join that team.

Offline Hatman

• Private
    • View Profile
Re: Auto Admin: The end of FOL and Rambo. (Includes ID checker)
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2018, 11:18:03 am »
Can you add this feature;
You can lock a team for specific IDs, other players cant join that team.
A mod to make that work may indeed be possible, however I'm not sure how easy it would be to change those IDs on the fly. I imagine this is for some event or scenario when you want only a few specific people on one team? You could certainly have the game check who is on a certain team every so often and swap them if they aren't on the list or somesuch.