Author Topic: mod problems  (Read 1456 times)

Offline Dom13WorstNW

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
mod problems
« on: January 23, 2013, 03:20:43 am »
ok  Whenever I try to download a mod it doesnt work at the very end of downloading it says file could not be read because there is no file supporting it or the file was damaged. I have tried downloading these mods and havent been successful      :'( :'(
1) Rome at war
2)Zulu war mod
3) Pw4

For some reason I cant download any mods anymore   any solution?     

Offline sally100

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: go to hell i`m not in the mood
  • Side: Neutral
Re: mod problems
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2013, 10:56:03 am »
When you have what looks like the full downloaded file on desktop and try running it and it says corrupt it usually means you have not downloaded the full thing - for whatever reason it stoped downloading before completed.

Maybe try a different link to download it :) good luck

Offline Maroon

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Maroon
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2013, 06:24:58 pm »
The thing with those mods is that they have an installer, which automatically selects the folder in which it downloads. It could be that you haven't got M&B installed at that spot. Try to find where M&B is located in your PC, and change the folder the files are installed in to the correct one.

Offline Dom13WorstNW

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2013, 04:00:20 am »
Spoiler
[close]

pls?

Offline The Norseman

• Captain
    • View Profile
  • Nick: K-KA_Kpl_TheNorseman
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2013, 06:11:49 pm »
*The site you are DLing from might be blocked in UAC from downloading anything.
*Your antivirus caught something in the download, it usually does, but 99% of the time it is nothing to worry about.
*You have changed your default downloading location to another invalid one.
*Is it not possible to open the downloads or does the game simply not launch it? Just direct the installment to steamapps/common/M&B warband/ Modules.
*Your internet is too slow, in which case it must be really slow, as in stopping the download, then suddenly commencing it.
The Norseman is my name in my name.

"Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

Offline Dom13WorstNW

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2013, 07:08:40 am »
The thing with those mods is that they have an installer, which automatically selects the folder in which it downloads. It could be that you haven't got M&B installed at that spot. Try to find where M&B is located in your PC, and change the folder the files are installed in to the correct one.

How I do dat?

Offline Rackio

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Rackio
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2013, 01:34:36 am »
righto your game folders are normally installed in this location, windows- users- programms- steam- steeamapps- common- then all your games, the installer should find the rest once youve pointed it in the right direction if not its an easy path to follow :) i think the max mods at once is 12 maybe(cant remeber where i heard or read it)
I'll always be sympathetic to your plight, Rackio. Probably not enough to act, but enough to care.