Author Topic: Developer Blog 18 - Napoleonic Wars Patch 1.104  (Read 77502 times)

Offline Death by EMP

• Major
  • Crunch, forever and always
    • View Profile
  • Nick: CRUNCH
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: Developer Blog 18 - Napoleonic Wars Patch 1.104
« Reply #255 on: August 07, 2013, 12:16:39 pm »

Offline Coconut

• Colonel
  • "Just do a headbob" - DarthJezus 2012
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Coconut
« Reply #256 on: August 07, 2013, 03:55:45 pm »
When you drop a musket that is on the 2nd or 3rd step of reloading it resets back to the beginning of the 1st step... Was this really the only way to prevent the instant reloading glitch? T_T

Also I enjoyed double x in NW, because I have fought against so many people that use it that it doesn't catch me off guard and it actually puts me at an advantage if some person who thinks he's "pro" goes at me spamming these double x feints. Double X is mainly based on catching someone off guard with it that doesn't expect you to do it. After dying to someone in a duel 2-3 times that uses double x  you can easily counter it.

But this was deemed and "exploit" by FSE because everyday pubbers would never expect it and would fall for the simple trick just like how spinning was removed from MM to NW. Just way of dumbing NW melee down to make it more beginner(noob) friendly.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 04:11:14 pm by Coconut »

Offline The Norseman

• Captain
    • View Profile
  • Nick: K-KA_Kpl_TheNorseman
  • Side: Union
« Reply #257 on: August 07, 2013, 04:08:12 pm »
Its an abuse. Glad they changed it.
The Norseman is my name in my name.

"Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

Offline Coconut

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: August 07, 2013, 04:28:07 pm »
First of all its not an exploit because it can be easily countered. Second this quote from Vince shows that whenever things are removed from the melee system it is always to dumb it down and make it so there cannot be "elitist pigs that take out new people within 0.1 second."

Spoiler
I joined a MM game 1 month before release for the first time since 6 months,  I found a complete broken melee system, people spinning like mad, holding down-block constantly and generally being elitist pigs that take out new people within 0.1 second.

Something had to be done, spinning removed to stop the people from being some weird ninja
[close]

Some people might think that double x and old MM spinning was a broken melee system and even exploitation but I think that a form of complex yet deep and engaging melee where new fighting styles and skills are invented each day.

Alot of people will buy BCoF because of the historical period or the uniforms and ect... But in the end most of our time in the actual game will be in either shooting or melee combat. If the melee system in BCoF is dull to the point where a new player can easily defeat a seasoned veteran then this is not a game that I would put in countless hours honing my melee skills when there is no big payoff in the end in terms of skill.

Offline dooomninja

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1brig_95th_Maj_dooomninja
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #259 on: August 07, 2013, 04:51:41 pm »
An exploit (from the verb to exploit, in the meaning of using something to one’s own advantage) is a piece of software, a chunk of data, or sequence of commands that takes advantage of a bug, glitch or vulnerability in order to cause unintended or unanticipated behaviour to occur on computer software, hardware, or something electronic (usually computerised).

the definition of an exploit doesn't mention how powerful it is, just that it isn't what is intended. the devs didn't intend for it to happen, so it's an exploit

don't get me wrong i like how challenging the melee can be, but it shouldn't be so hard that it drives people away.
ಠ_ರೃ Quite!
2 most satisfying shots- a rider off a moving horse and officers who think they are safe :b

Offline Fallout

• First Lieutenant
  • Been playing this game for too damn long ;~;
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [2teGarde]Fallout
« Reply #260 on: August 07, 2013, 04:54:44 pm »
Coconut, you're my new best friend.  I've been arguing this point yet nobody has agreed.  Add me on steam I need to rant to somebody lol [3eVolt] Fallout. Vincenzo just lost all credibility with that quote you caught of him saying MM melee was broken, MM melee is the most fun I've had in a Game ever.

Offline MazZ

• Second Lieutenant
  • MazZ
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1stCSG_RSM_MazZ
« Reply #261 on: August 07, 2013, 05:00:40 pm »
Deep and engaging melee

Oh yes spamming the x button whilst making weird annimations is so deep and engaging!

Spoiler
Sarcasm
[close]

To be honest I don't see why all the drama, it's not like double x was a keyfeature of melee.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 05:06:03 pm by MazZ »

Offline Fallout

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: August 07, 2013, 05:05:40 pm »
I feel like anyone who complains about the double x are the whiners who can't counter it.

Offline Death by EMP

• Major
  • Crunch, forever and always
    • View Profile
  • Nick: CRUNCH
« Reply #263 on: August 07, 2013, 05:09:22 pm »
I feel like people who complain about the removal of double x are the whiners who can't adopt their style to something new.

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Riddlez
« Reply #264 on: August 07, 2013, 05:10:38 pm »
Bla bla bla. In the end, it is as it is.

You,sir, made the most sense in this entire thread.
Probably one of the very few old-timers here who hasn't been a regimental leader.

Offline Coconut

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: August 07, 2013, 05:16:41 pm »
Coconut, you're my new best friend.  I've been arguing this point yet nobody has agreed.  Add me on steam I need to rant to somebody lol [3eVolt] Fallout. Vincenzo just lost all credibility with that quote you caught of him saying MM melee was broken, MM melee is the most fun I've had in a Game ever.
MM was fun however compared to NW it makes my eyes bleed when I load it up again. Also this has been argued for over a year now and they are not going to change anything that has been changed from MM to NW melee related so don't waste your breath.

Deep and engaging melee

Oh yes spamming the x button whilst making weird annimations is so deep and engaging!

Spoiler
Sarcasm
[close]
If double X was a win button I would have used it much much more. I enjoyed figuring out ways to counter Double x'ing and even figuring out ways to counter someone who was countering my double x. It was confusing yet I enjoyed it because of the challenge.

Offline The Norseman

• Captain
    • View Profile
  • Nick: K-KA_Kpl_TheNorseman
« Reply #266 on: August 07, 2013, 05:45:25 pm »
Ugh, the only reason YOU think you are good with doublexing is because no one else are abusing the bug but you. That is why it is banned in most servers, it makes the animation disappear for many people so YES it is an abuse. If you say otherwise then you are just ignorant.
The Norseman is my name in my name.

"Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

Offline Fallout

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: August 07, 2013, 05:54:12 pm »
It's is NOT banned on North American servers. And it does NOT make the animation disappear. I've had nearly 1,000 hours of Napoleonic Wars alone and I can tell straight from experiences in competitive melee tournaments that the animation does NOT disappear.

Offline Japan

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Japan
« Reply #268 on: August 07, 2013, 05:57:37 pm »
It's is NOT banned on North American servers. And it does NOT make the animation disappear. I've had nearly 1,000 hours of Napoleonic Wars alone and I can tell straight from experiences in competitive melee tournaments that the animation does NOT disappear.
Ehh depending on your ping, how many people are in the server, and how good the server is.It makes it look like the animation is gone.Which mean that all you see is  him preparing to attack up then suddenly halfway attacking down when you notice it.

Offline Sleek

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: August 07, 2013, 06:03:44 pm »
Much to your amazement, a lot of the NA melee community uses it, but not all as either people think it is an exploit or don't know what it is, and if they think it's an exploit, then they are entitled to that opinion. But you saying that it is banned on most servers is false, as all populated NA groupfighting/duel servers allow it because it is a part of many peoples melee styles. You can see the switch at the last second and can counter it, but it is somewhat difficult, but that doesn't mean it's impossible to block or chamber. Please don't call others ignorant, as it doesn't solve anything. Also, you saying that all servers disallow double-x us like saying that all servers use medium melee speed, which also is also untrue as you do not go on NA servers to groupfighr where they have the melee spotted set at fastest and not medium. Don't make accusations that you can't back up.

Also, I'm in my phone so there will be spelling mistakes. This message is directed towards Norseman as I can't quote on my old ass phone.
Quote from: Theodin
Sleek somehow only attacks when he’s successfully pulled a dude away and his team is coming to help - as in, the most reasonable time to continue blocking

Sleek plays like he's underwater - slow