Author Topic: RIP North and South (Take 2)  (Read 14432 times)

Norwegian13

Re: RIP North and South (Take 2)
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2018, 11:48:21 pm »
I can safely assure you that we do not ban people for memes here on the FSE forums ;)

Offline Foxy

• Sergeant Major
  • "Not all those who wander are lost"
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2018, 01:59:10 am »
I can safely assure you that we do not ban people for memes here on the FSE forums ;)

ty babes, at least we have friends on FSE

Offline Duke Of LongTree

• First Lieutenant
  • 1stRM/USMC
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2018, 02:10:27 am »
FSE is best forums

Offline Colonel Francis

• Second Lieutenant
  • 5th Georgia Best Georgia
    • View Profile
    • Steam Page
  • Nick: Francis
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2018, 09:18:28 am »
I agree with Goomba. Hinkel, you created a beautiful mod. Regardless how you acquired all of those "assets", it was still a great mod to enjoy. I would know because I literally spent five years playing it. Creating a regiment (5thGA) with it, and eventually being apart of communities (DA/CSA) from it. And although I've made some great friends from this mod, it doesn't reflect that there was a ton of issues with the devs...I mean developer. When the Confederate States Army was born, and was trying to revive this mod yet again, I pleaded with you. I offered you money (surprising you didn't take considering that is what it took to get 5th Georgia Skins ingame), and even pointed out how the mod's update could help War of Rights. North and South has been one, if not, the largest and active mod in Mount and Blade. A mod that pretty much held up your War of Rights, and supported it.

But its a shame...

Instead of releasing an "already" made updated stated by your developers, or maybe allowing some of the community members to provide for you (for an update), you said no. It sucks that you really only cared for those friends you made in the beginning of the mod. The ones that you supported while in the Union Army xD. Instead of the veteran players that stayed around in the mod for years and years after. I can go on and on for hours. But it's late.

I look forward to Battle Cry of Freedom. I feel they care more for their community members. And that is what I am looking for.

Offline Duke Of LongTree

• First Lieutenant
  • 1stRM/USMC
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2018, 05:19:21 pm »
I agree with Goomba. Hinkel, you created a beautiful mod. Regardless how you acquired all of those "assets", it was still a great mod to enjoy. I would know because I literally spent five years playing it. Creating a regiment (5thGA) with it, and eventually being apart of communities (DA/CSA) from it. And although I've made some great friends from this mod, it doesn't reflect that there was a ton of issues with the devs...I mean developer. When the Confederate States Army was born, and was trying to revive this mod yet again, I pleaded with you. I offered you money (surprising you didn't take considering that is what it took to get 5th Georgia Skins ingame), and even pointed out how the mod's update could help War of Rights. North and South has been one, if not, the largest and active mod in Mount and Blade. A mod that pretty much held up your War of Rights, and supported it.

But its a shame...

Instead of releasing an "already" made updated stated by your developers, or maybe allowing some of the community members to provide for you (for an update), you said no. It sucks that you really only cared for those friends you made in the beginning of the mod. The ones that you supported while in the Union Army xD. Instead of the veteran players that stayed around in the mod for years and years after. I can go on and on for hours. But it's late.

I look forward to Battle Cry of Freedom. I feel they care more for their community members. And that is what I am looking for.

very well said Irish

Offline Killobytes

• Private
  • I play video games
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Killobytes
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2018, 08:48:45 am »
It's tragic that this mod with an update nearly ready to go was allowed to turn into straight abandonware.

Honestly War of Rights does not seem viable to me at all for the kind of community we all knew and loved in N&S(The Glory Days of 2015 of course). Battle Cry of Freedom is probably the best hope for all of us, considering it will actually be able to hit server numbers similar to M&B(will probably exceed it too, certainly more people than WoR will ever be able to hit and still be playable), be a lot easier on average computers than fucking Cryengine, and that sweet M&B Directional melee. And they're finally releasing developer update blogs for us to see progress, so the future there looks bright.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2018, 08:51:04 am by Killobytes »

Offline Moraine

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 20th Maine Artillery Company Command Officer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Lady Moraine
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2018, 06:34:39 am »
The problem with war of rights in very simple, its a game trying to make it to realistic and more of a civil war simulation. And that and a majority of north and south players who majorly supported WoR do not like it being a arma type civil war game. We wanted a North and South mod game, but better that's what you should have done Hinkel. In my opinion simliarly to rocket and Dayz standalone. Some mods make ok to good games.

Offline Unitater

• Second Lieutenant
  • Weeb Potato.
    • View Profile
    • 41st NY Vol FSE Page
  • Nick: 41stNY Col | discord.gg/41stny
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2019, 04:36:14 am »
The problem with war of rights in very simple, its a game trying to make it to realistic and more of a civil war simulation. And that and a majority of north and south players who majorly supported WoR do not like it being a arma type civil war game. We wanted a North and South mod game, but better that's what you should have done Hinkel. In my opinion simliarly to rocket and Dayz standalone. Some mods make ok to good games.

I agree with moraine. WoR is an excellent game in the regard that it tries to be an immersive simulation game, and I thoroughly enjoyed it within that framework. The trouble lies when you expect it to be an extension of the very unique gameplay and potato compatibility of NaS - which is also a fantastic mod. You can’t compare apples to oranges. Battlecry of freedom (if it ever comes out) will be the closest replacement to NaS
Click Signature to Join the 41st NY Discord

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2019, 06:49:42 pm »
Well keep looking because you won't find that here!
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline michaelsmithern

• Private
  • CSA? more like CSGAY HEYYO
    • View Profile
  • Nick: >Can't Handle the Bantz
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2019, 06:39:49 am »
THIS THREAD IS NOW CONTROLLED BY THE EASTERN IRON BRIGADE
proditores factos ad mortem

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1N92LX9aLxSQMs2bGpQ_ATTEzCuv-Aiz76R2TUJ3HEIY/edit
Lest we forget the completely retarded 2nd Division Declaration of Independence. And here I thought they didn't know how to make jokes.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2019, 07:22:43 pm by michaelsmithern »
Your mom gay

Offline baz44331

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2019, 11:36:00 am »

But its a shame...

I worked on N&S for a good wile,

I made some models and alot of textures as well as a map or two and remember it before Hinkle took over the project. There was two of the team i remember very well and for not good reason. I even worked on flags for War of rights only to find out later it was on Hinkle looking for me to make it and not the official team. TBH I could go on as i have every conversation i had with him and others. But ill leave it.

Ill be waiting on Battle Cry of Freedom and when it comes out ill push the community like the old days when i had 3 Regiments at a time and ill back it like no other. You can be 100% sure the old N&S community will come to. O and Hinkle you never made North and South it was made long before you ever went near it, you added content and a very small amount, it was the other guys outside of the main dev team who added the most.

Offline Foxy

• Sergeant Major
  • "Not all those who wander are lost"
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2019, 07:22:28 pm »
THIS THREAD IS NOW CONTROLLED BY THE EASTERN IRON BRIGADE
proditores factos ad mortem

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1N92LX9aLxSQMs2bGpQ_ATTEzCuv-Aiz76R2TUJ3HEIY/edit
Lest we forget the completely retarded 2nd Division Declaration of Independence. And here I thought they didn't know how to make jokes.

Offline Phil The Thril

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2019, 07:24:38 pm »
Any bets on how long it will be before they lock this thread?
Nice Guy. Tries Hard. Loves The Game.

Offline Duke Of LongTree

• First Lieutenant
  • 1stRM/USMC
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2019, 10:35:32 pm »
idk but looks like some one got salty and deleted that other guys comment

Offline Duke Of LongTree

• First Lieutenant
  • 1stRM/USMC