Author Topic: Event Ideas  (Read 51895 times)

Offline Coco.

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Event Ideas
« Reply #90 on: August 17, 2019, 12:00:05 pm »
Cav and inf tournament will be pretty nice 8)
27.0p - Giorno
30.0p - HiReaper
Tier 3 Horse

Tier 5 Mikey

Offline Ry@n

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 18th_Col
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nick:Nick:Nick:Nick:
« Reply #91 on: August 17, 2019, 12:35:29 pm »

Online Vegi.

• Where is my stack?!
  • General
  • Divide and Conquer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: King of Stack
  • Side: Confederacy
Stop looking at my posts Fietta #RentFree

The Master of stack, the voice of racism.

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
« Reply #93 on: October 10, 2019, 10:38:21 am »
A few people are currently looking into organising a native/nw tournament that will be a cross-over tournament with matches on both sides to begin potentially before the end of the year or early next year. This will have a very large prize pool (the largest we've ever seen on NW). I'm not sure how much information I can give out at this point but I just wanted to let you guys know.

The format is still being decided but it will be something like a group stage and then playoffs then knockouts in an 8v8 format with a normal native match and then a NW Groupfighting match (2 matches to be played a week one on native and one on NW).
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
  • Fidelitate et Honore | Fake Hype King
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Tardet
« Reply #94 on: October 10, 2019, 11:03:24 am »
Please, this time make sure the money is involved within a serious event, hosted by competent people. Gibby's initiative of putting money from his own pocket and convincing Joe of doing the same is undoubtedly praiseworthy, but the fact it happened in a mediocre tournament kind of heavily diminish the effect.

Other than that, that's a cool idea. It's a shame it will happen either during the NC and/or the WNL because, with such a tight schedule (two matches a week), it might prevent some good players to partake, even if they are interested.
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often.

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 10, 2019, 11:06:22 am »
Please, this time make sure the money is involved within a serious event, hosted by competent people. Gibby's initiative of putting money from his own pocket and convincing Joe of doing the same is undoubtedly praiseworthy, but the fact it happened in a mediocre tournament kind of heavily diminish the effect.

Other than that, that's a cool idea. It's a shame it will happen either during the NC and/or the WNL because, with such a tight schedule (two matches a week), it might prevent some good players to partake, even if they are interested.
It won't be hosted by just one person it'll be a group of players who have some form of reputation individually. Yeah unfortunately that will be the case. It may even be that it also is going on at the same time as NWFL and NC/WNL.
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
  • Fidelitate et Honore | Fake Hype King
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Tardet
« Reply #96 on: October 10, 2019, 11:08:32 am »
Will Gibby be the only person involved from Native or do you consider asking other well-known people hosts/admins? (If you can deliver such info publicly)
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often.

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 10, 2019, 11:15:00 am »
Will Gibby be the only person involved from Native or do you consider asking other well-known people hosts/admins? (If you can deliver such info publicly)
I haven't discussed in full what I can disclose but in the group of people currently there are a couple from both scenes at the moment and I imagine this will only grow.

Offline Golden.

• What in Gods name?
  • Major General
  • 🤠
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [G]
« Reply #98 on: October 10, 2019, 07:15:58 pm »
So many rumors, can't wait to be on top native team :) AE NW team incoming

Offline Gibby Jr

• Colonel
  • DAGOTHWAVE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gibby
« Reply #99 on: October 11, 2019, 02:32:53 am »

Right now there are actually more native admins than NW admins, but it's gonna be a fairly even split of well-respected people from each community.

I know a lot of people are already grabbing players and thinking about potential lineups, so I'll clarify a few key details (generally) here, but keep in mind all of this is subject to change until we put up an official thread on both the TW and FSE forums.

Key Details:
  • €1000+ for winning team, undetermined amounts for 2nd and 3rd
  • 8v8 on Native and NW
  • Roster cap of 13 or 14, currently looking at 13
  • Some sort of group system (a few ideas are currently being considered) leading to a knockout stage
  • The tournament will last between 7 and 9 weeks (depends on what we finalise for format), looking at a start around mid November
  • Teams will have to play 1 NW match and 1 Native match per week, each module will be valued equally
  • In the case that one team loses one module and wins the other, the margin of victory/defeat will determine the winner

Think that's enough to answer basic questions and give some sort of idea about what's going on, enough that people can be aware of what's coming well in advance.
you are as weak as whales by acting like that.

Tournesol

« Reply #100 on: October 11, 2019, 07:46:13 am »
I'm not sure it will be as interesting as it sounds though, people will make ultra stacked team to win this.

Lets say I do a team with the 8 best french native players and to that I add 5 of the best nw players.

So basically our team will be on native the FRA team and then on NW it will be me + 5 great players + Maximou and someone else.

You need to add a rule to avoid op team imo, people from nw must also play on Native and Native players must play on nw aswell.

If this tournament happens, i'm going to remove my application for the nwfl thats for sure.

Offline Gibby Jr

• Colonel
  • DAGOTHWAVE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gibby
« Reply #101 on: October 11, 2019, 12:02:17 pm »
I'm not sure it will be as interesting as it sounds though, people will make ultra stacked team to win this.

Lets say I do a team with the 8 best french native players and to that I add 5 of the best nw players.

So basically our team will be on native the FRA team and then on NW it will be me + 5 great players + Maximou and someone else.

You need to add a rule to avoid op team imo, people from nw must also play on Native and Native players must play on nw aswell.

If this tournament happens, i'm going to remove my application for the nwfl thats for sure.

I don't really want to be leaking other people's plans, but I can tell you that I haven't seen any team creating a super-stack to win. Obviously most people will want to keep a majority of players from their own module and then bring in several others to boost them on the other module. To some extent that's the idea; we have a roster cap currently set at 13, which means teams can't stack 8 nw guys and 8 native guys, but guarantees that some members will have to play both. At the moment we think 13 is the best number because it gives room for established groups of players to stick together whilst also bringing in people from the other module.
you are as weak as whales by acting like that.

Offline Rikkert

• Brigadier General
  • Zout!
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 11, 2019, 12:53:39 pm »
Isnt people 'stacking' teams only logical for a competitive tournament, especially with such a prize pool? I might be misunderstanding you tib, but isn't the whole point of a tournament to create the strongest lineup that you can get together, in order to win it?
« Last Edit: October 11, 2019, 12:57:16 pm by Rikkert »

Tournesol

« Reply #103 on: October 11, 2019, 01:17:41 pm »
Isnt people 'stacking' teams only logical for a competitive tournament, especially with such a prize pool? I might be misunderstanding you tib, but isn't the whole point of a tournament to create the strongest lineup that you can get together, in order to win it?

Of course yes, but the other point imo is to have native matchs played by nw players and vice versa

Offline Kore

• The Sideblock King
  • Major General
  • Best Czech player on the Moon. uaa
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oubliette*******
« Reply #104 on: October 11, 2019, 04:00:57 pm »
If this happens I will 100% not remove my application for the nwfl that's for sure!
One of the best side blockers in the game. Often reffered as 'the Sideblock King'.