Author Topic: The North American Napoleonic Wars League (NANWL)  (Read 31134 times)

Offline tico13

• Donator
  • NA Server Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 3rd_Col_Tico
  • Side: Confederacy
The North American Napoleonic Wars League (NANWL)
« on: October 19, 2013, 08:13:15 pm »

Introduction:

After seeing the Napoleonic Wars League successfully established in the European community we thought it is about time to bring some life and action into the North American community too. The North Amercian Napoleonic Wars League (NANWL) has the exact same principles and rules as the European one. Contrary to the European league, we know that less regiments will probably be interested so we will wait to see how many regiments sign up and how many leagues we can make. Most likely it will only be one league.
     If other regiments would like to sign up while the league is already running, feel free to do so. You will be put on a wait list and we will either stick you in if possible or wait until the next season and try to get all the wait listed regiments in by either forming another league or simply adding them to the existing league.
     The regiment placed first in the top league will be crowned champion of North America. Most likely we will only get one league so the regiment placed lowest will not descend to the second league, since it does not exist. If enough regiments sign up will be exactly like the European system.
     Please do not mistake this for a show off competition though. The main focus is on having fun while being competitive and seeing where your regiments is compared to others. If any sign of disrespect is shown you might be booted from the league. Remember, this is only a game and even if one regiment is better at killing off virtual opponents than another, it is not something the regiment should brag about. Be proud but not condescending!

Rules
1.   - No shooting while charging or out of formation!
2.   - Only 1 line per regiment, no splitting!
3.   - No bonuses activated
4.   - No musicians or ensigns
5.   - Only 2 Officers allowed!
6.   - No officer targeting! (Does not apply when a regiment is in a charge)
7.   - Addressing gaps while in a fire exchange is not mandatory
8.   -10 rounds that have to be played, after 5 rounds spawn swap
9.   - Both leaders have to agree on a map
10.   - The playable maps are only: Random Medium Plains, Desert, Steppe, and Snow
11.   - The number of players per team is limited from 10 minimum to 40 maximum (If a regiment fails to achieve the minimum, they will have to play as if they had 10 with whatever they'd like, or forfeit the match. Hence the opposing regiment could bring 11)
12.   - The difference in numbers may only be 1 man!
13.   - The home team may choose its faction first
14.   - The battles will take place on the home team's server, if they do not have one or not enough slots for all the players the 12th Server will be used as a backup!
15.   - Only line units are allowed ; no light infantry, guard infantry, marine units, militia, or skirmishers.
16.   - The battles must be fought before a certain deadline, the deadline will not be extended unless under special circumstances.
17.   - If one regiment does not appear on time (15 minutes grace period, then the battle must start), the opponent will get a 10-0 win
18.   - If both teams do not appear, they will get a 0-0 loss (no points)
19.   - Invites are NOT allowed; if we find out that a regiment played with invites, we will remove a win and 3 points
20.   - If a regiment has something to complain about because the opponent did not follow the rules, it has to prove it (video or screenshot); there might not be referees!
21.   - The results of a match must be proven by screenshot or both regiments giving the same result!
22.   - If the accusations are correct the organizers will decide how harsh to punish them, which can range from a warning to a kick!
23.   - If a regiment complains repeatedly and then does not turn up any evidence or this evidence turns out to be false, they will be subject to the same procedure!

Battle times:
The battles themselves will be fought on days arranged by the two leaders of the opposing regiments. They will receive a deadline and have to fight before it or it will be counted as a 0-0 loss for both. Deadlines will not be extended! Remember, you play on the home sides server or if you do not have one or cannot play on your server you can contact the 12th and ask to play on our server.

Sign-ups

The sign-ups are open from now until the tournament starts, October 27th, 2013. The sign-ups are based on first come first served, meaning those who sign up early will get into the higher league, the stragglers will be stuck into the second league. The 12th seeing as we host it will be in the first league. Do not forget though, if we get multiple leagues, after one season the first two of the second league will be raised into the first league and the last two in the first dropped into the second league, the third last place in the first will play the third in the second for who will play in the first league.

Once sign ups are closed you may still sign up but may not receive a slot in the league until the next season!

You will receive an invite to the steam group, be sure to accept it!

Regiment Name:
Leader Steam Link:
Do you understand the rules?:

Contacts

Feel free to contact any of the administrators with any question, comments, or concerns. Also, with any complaints or allegations against another regiment.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 03:26:20 am by tico13 »

Offline tico13

• Donator
  • NA Server Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 3rd_Col_Tico
Re: The North American Napoleonic Wars League (NANWL)
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2013, 08:15:13 pm »
Reserved

Offline Zzehth

• Donator
  • NANWL Co-Founder
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Mexico is part of NA, damn gringos
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2013, 08:20:40 pm »
Great idea! i hope lots of regiments sign up
Father of the NA Competitive Scene

Offline RisingSun_

• First Lieutenant
  • Mhhm Hum It's Jesus | Sweeeeg
    • View Profile
  • Nick: JEEESUS
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2013, 08:22:08 pm »
Good Luck bbys

Offline Thompson

• Sergeant
  • The South will Rise again. Thompson Best VA.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Thompson
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2013, 08:25:36 pm »
This is nice.  ;D

I am a troll, for the resons of reforming a nation wide union of. I enjoy long walks on the beach, and long sex with your mothers. I don't know who you are, I don't know what you want. But I will find you, and I will troll you.

Offline Thundersnow

• Captain
  • Overlord of the 00th Regiment, Time and Space.
    • View Profile
    • www.PlanetThundersnow.com
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2013, 08:52:48 pm »
Good Luck!!!

Offline Mathias

• Captain
  • 1st place 1v1 and a little more since I forgot
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2013, 09:19:04 pm »
So prud of dis thread ;D

Offline Rogelio Monteagudo

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2013, 09:54:32 pm »
Regiment Name: 9y Leib Gvardii

Leader Steam Link: Overlord [9y] Rogelio

Do you understand the rules?: I'm dyslexic. (Joke) Yes I read and understand the rules and I will do my best to follow them.

Offline Grimsight

• Donator
  • ᴅɪꜱʀᴇꜱᴩᴇᴄᴛ_Yᴏᴜʀ_ᴍᴇᴍᴇꜱ
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 3eVolt
  • Side: Union
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2013, 10:22:16 pm »
Regiment Name: 3ème Régiment d'Infanterie Légère "3eVolt"
Leader Steam Link: [3eVolt] Grimsight, you have me
Do you understand the rules?: Yes ma'am

Offline Noodlenrice

• Major
  • King of Nam'
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st_Pte_Noodlenrice
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2013, 11:18:25 pm »
bad thread is bad

Offline Grimsight

• Donator
  • ᴅɪꜱʀᴇꜱᴩᴇᴄᴛ_Yᴏᴜʀ_ᴍᴇᴍᴇꜱ
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2013, 11:28:37 pm »
7.   - Addressing gaps while in a fire excahnge is not mandatory
This concerns me... in the linebattles I have done it just ends up being an excuse to have 5 map spacing.

Either way, the 3e is really excited for this.. can't wait to start  ;D
« Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 11:30:28 pm by Grimsight »

Offline Thompson

• Sergeant
  • The South will Rise again. Thompson Best VA.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Thompson
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2013, 11:32:59 pm »
You should enable fire in the charge to reduce hill camping.

I am a troll, for the resons of reforming a nation wide union of. I enjoy long walks on the beach, and long sex with your mothers. I don't know who you are, I don't know what you want. But I will find you, and I will troll you.

Offline Karth

• Donator
  • General of 63e| NW Official Admin
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 63e_General_Karth
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2013, 01:00:42 am »
Regiment Name:  63eme Regiment de Infanterie de Ligne
Leader Steam Link: u have
Do you understand the rules?: yes
And yea fire in charge or custom maps that are flat to reduce hill camping ...

Offline Grimsight

• Donator
  • ᴅɪꜱʀᴇꜱᴩᴇᴄᴛ_Yᴏᴜʀ_ᴍᴇᴍᴇꜱ
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2013, 03:43:33 am »
I would rather not have fire on the charge. It makes superior tactics null as all you have to do is charge and you still get to fire all your shots. (I'm probably not making any sense, but I'd say no to foc)

If we want to eliminate hillcamping, we need a designated set of maps that are balanced (maybe even symmetrical), which would only contain hills and buildings in key strategic points
« Last Edit: October 20, 2013, 03:46:16 am by Grimsight »

Offline Dom13WorstNW

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2013, 03:45:39 am »
Whatever you do NO FIRE IN CHARGE!  >:(