Author Topic: The General Political Thread  (Read 528773 times)

Offline StevenChilton

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: The General Political Thread - Brexit poll (#FSEXIT)
« Reply #2415 on: February 08, 2018, 08:59:49 pm »
In what way is there a 'deep cultural split' or 'massive economic divergence' in the Netherlands? Has there ever been?

And if there was then no, you wouldn't have dissolved two centuries ago because this only applies in the democratic era. Non-homogeneous unions are possible if you keep people in line with bullets (e.g. Austria-Hungary, USSR, etc).

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel where I upload NW and M&B
  • Nick: CluelessWill
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #2416 on: February 08, 2018, 11:08:11 pm »
The current state of Great Britain is the breeding ground for a hard line conservative party to gain power and to then use mass hysteria to create an authoritarian government that will simply have nothing to oversee it, with the only they could truly be undone is through some sort of revolution, perhaps with the destruction of the Palace of Westminster on the 5th of November, symbolizing the end of the old, and the beginning of the new.
Check out my YT channel where I post NW www.youtube. com/c/CluelessWill
Spoiler
god damn, Anthony is smart, he was able to get the shit AEF to tie with the best reg in the game. The tactical geniusness needed to pull off such a feat is insane. He's the Erwin Rommel of NW.
i always get an erection when i check my subscrptions and see that phresh cluelesswill vid
It won't be FSE developing it, so it will come out!
[close]

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #2417 on: February 08, 2018, 11:34:42 pm »
In what way is there a 'deep cultural split' or 'massive economic divergence' in the Netherlands? Has there ever been?

And if there was then no, you wouldn't have dissolved two centuries ago because this only applies in the democratic era. Non-homogeneous unions are possible if you keep people in line with bullets (e.g. Austria-Hungary, USSR, etc).

The Catholic-Protestant split as well as the difference of wealth between the west and east that's still very much felt today.

The current state of Great Britain is the breeding ground for a hard line conservative party to gain power and to then use mass hysteria to create an authoritarian government that will simply have nothing to oversee it, with the only they could truly be undone is through some sort of revolution, perhaps with the destruction of the Palace of Westminster on the 5th of November, symbolizing the end of the old, and the beginning of the new.

+1

Offline Conway

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 41stNY_Whatever_Conway
« Reply #2418 on: February 08, 2018, 11:49:01 pm »
The current state of Great Britain is the breeding ground for a hard line conservative party to gain power and to then use mass hysteria to create an authoritarian government that will simply have nothing to overse
Despite the current centre-conservative party being increasingly unpoluar and the only notable right-wing party getting 1.8% of the electorate in contrast to 12.8% two years prior. The BNP garnered about 3000 more votes nationwide than two year prior.

I personally think Sinn Féin will assassinate the Queen and force a personal union with Ireland. Gerry Adams is named "Lord Protector" of the United Kingdom and uses the military to restore order.

Offline StevenChilton

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #2419 on: February 09, 2018, 12:05:37 am »

The Catholic-Protestant split as well as the difference of wealth between the west and east that's still very much felt today.

The Catholic-Protestant split? Duuring are you serious...

Based on GDP per capita, the wealth difference between the poorest and richest Dutch province is tiny compared to Germany vs Greece/Romania/Portugal.

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #2420 on: February 09, 2018, 12:35:08 am »
I'm not talking of the situation today, obviously. I'm talking in historic perspective. The catholic/protestant split is nowhere as strong as it used to be, but strong it was, until even after world war two. For more then a century, there were pretty much parallel societies that lived next to, not with, eachother. The split certainly was a lot stronger felt then cultural differences with a country a thousand kilometres away.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2018, 12:37:03 am by Duuring »

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2421 on: February 09, 2018, 07:27:49 pm »
Looking back, I wonder how well or bad the world would be if colonialism still prevailed. I feel like the world would be much more stable in the fact that many of these new states would not be having constant ethnic wars but at the same time colonialism stripes native people of pretty much everything but at the same time gives a common language and religion to unite people. However, neocolonialism and the inability to enforce peace among areas, leaving room for genocide, is far worse in my opinion which is why I bring this up.
Spoiler
god damn, Anthony is smart, he was able to get the shit AEF to tie with the best reg in the game. The tactical geniusness needed to pull off such a feat is insane. He's the Erwin Rommel of NW.
i always get an erection when i check my subscrptions and see that phresh cluelesswill vid
[close]

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
« Reply #2422 on: February 09, 2018, 07:46:47 pm »
Colonialism always leads to internal rebellion and warfare. It’s unsustainable. Independent self rule is the best way for nation-states

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline StevenChilton

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #2423 on: February 09, 2018, 08:43:13 pm »
Looking back, I wonder how well or bad the world would be if colonialism still prevailed. I feel like the world would be much more stable in the fact that many of these new states would not be having constant ethnic wars but at the same time colonialism stripes native people of pretty much everything but at the same time gives a common language and religion to unite people. However, neocolonialism and the inability to enforce peace among areas, leaving room for genocide, is far worse in my opinion which is why I bring this up.

Ironically that's the view that Soviet authorities espoused re: Central Asia and their presence there. The USSR was anti-colonialist only when it suited it!

I'm not talking of the situation today, obviously. I'm talking in historic perspective. The catholic/protestant split is nowhere as strong as it used to be, but strong it was, until even after world war two. For more then a century, there were pretty much parallel societies that lived next to, not with, eachother. The split certainly was a lot stronger felt then cultural differences with a country a thousand kilometres away.

Maybe so, but obviously a Catholic and a Protestant will have more in common on social and cultural issues than a secular atheistic/soft religious West (France and Germany) vs the hardcore Catholicism of places like Poland.

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #2424 on: February 10, 2018, 02:26:37 pm »
Maybe so, but obviously a Catholic and a Protestant will have more in common on social and cultural issues than a secular atheistic/soft religious West (France and Germany) vs the hardcore Catholicism of places like Poland.

But countries aren't singular entities. You talk of those in the same way people talk of 'blue states' or 'red states' in the USA - political fairytales people pretend are real to avoid admitting that the reality is a ridiciously complex shitfest. Hardcore Protestants in my country and hardcore Catholics in Poland have a lot in common, which is why the religious Dutch parties are in the same European faction as PiS and love working together. It's the same as people who say 'Scotland voted to Remain!' while 38% voted to leave to pretend it's some pro-European bullwark, or that 'Britain voted to leave!' while 48.11% voted to remain, to pretend it's somehow united in that mission.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2018, 02:30:27 pm by Duuring »

Offline StevenChilton

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #2425 on: February 10, 2018, 04:37:24 pm »

But countries aren't singular entities. You talk of those in the same way people talk of 'blue states' or 'red states' in the USA - political fairytales people pretend are real to avoid admitting that the reality is a ridiciously complex shitfest. Hardcore Protestants in my country and hardcore Catholics in Poland have a lot in common, which is why the religious Dutch parties are in the same European faction as PiS and love working together. It's the same as people who say 'Scotland voted to Remain!' while 38% voted to leave to pretend it's some pro-European bullwark, or that 'Britain voted to leave!' while 48.11% voted to remain, to pretend it's somehow united in that mission.

Don't think I ever claimed these places were homogeneous, but there's large majorities in each country for a totally different cultural view. How well did parties opposed to abortion, gay marriage, LGBT rights etc do in the last Dutch elections? How many even stood on such a platform? In Poland political parties that are highly socially conservative took over 80% of the vote in 2015.

Norwegian13

« Reply #2426 on: February 15, 2018, 01:11:13 am »

A rather rascist tweet from YouTube, if you ask me. Imagine the uproar we'd get from the SJW's if it said "Subscribe to white creators."

What are your guys' thoughts on this so-called "Black History Month"? In my opinion, it's a ridiculous concept that shouldn't be "marked" in any way. We don't have "White History Month", nor do we have "Yellow History Month" or "Red History Month" so why the hell should we have a "Black History Month"? Besides, why should we have a month celebrating the history of a certain skin colour? What's the point of it?

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
  • Side: Union
« Reply #2427 on: February 15, 2018, 02:08:24 am »

A rather rascist tweet from YouTube, if you ask me. Imagine the uproar we'd get from the SJW's if it said "Subscribe to white creators."

What are your guys' thoughts on this so-called "Black History Month"? In my opinion, it's a ridiculous concept that shouldn't be "marked" in any way. We don't have "White History Month", nor do we have "Yellow History Month" or "Red History Month" so why the hell should we have a "Black History Month"? Besides, why should we have a month celebrating the history of a certain skin colour? What's the point of it?
because they been through a lotta shit as a race dawg

NAPL season 1 saw the greatest regiment winning
ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2428 on: February 15, 2018, 02:20:30 am »
Ironic that black history is basically Jim Crow segregation of history because we get 11 months lol

On a more realistic note, it sickens me how partisan YouTube/Google is. It went from my favorite website to a shit hole where trending is hand picked, worthy creators don’t get shit, and talk show hosts spew leftist shit with no demonitization. It’s sad to see what it’s become. I honestly thought their twitter was hacked but nope, just retarded
Spoiler
[close]

Offline Jakester

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Jousting Enthusiast
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Jakester
  • Side: Union
« Reply #2429 on: February 15, 2018, 02:26:31 am »
Ironic that black history is basically Jim Crow segregation of history because we get 11 months lol

On a more realistic note, it sickens me how partisan YouTube/Google is. It went from my favorite website to a shit hole where trending is hand picked, worthy creators don’t get shit, and talk show hosts spew leftist shit with no demonitization. It’s sad to see what it’s become. I honestly thought their twitter was hacked but nope, just retarded